1. Post #6201
    DJF
    April 2011
    531 Posts
    I know I shouldn't critique cosmetics, mainly because I can't make anything better myself, but I don't like Silencer's Helmet.

Or AM's hairdo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

2. Post #6202
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,587 Posts
    http://dota2.com/store/itemdetails/122679163

yessssssssssssssssssssssss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #6203
    Follow me, satisfaction guaranteed!
    August 2010
    2,266 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #6204
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    Edit:
    Da fuck

ewwwwwwww
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6205
    October 2009
    12,675 Posts
    Dammit valve update the courier section of the store. I want to buy Cluckles. I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6206
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,510 Posts
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...hows_four_new/

tl;dr new chests for omniknight, kunkka and tidehunter, morphling(HAH) all have a chance of dropping either a Dire or Radiant UI skin
    God, these fucking limited chests are killing me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

7. Post #6207
    President of the Visage Fan Club
    May 2010
    7,703 Posts
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...hows_four_new/

tl;dr new chests for omniknight, kunkka and tidehunter, morphling(HAH) all have a chance of dropping either a Dire or Radiant UI skin
    now I have to grind keys to get strange versions of the int2012 set for morphling since it's literally the only set of his I use

8. Post #6208
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,192 Posts
    Ugh, lost to a team that we crushed early because they actually had carries and we had to have a Lesh carry (All Random) who clearly didn't know how to play his hero at-fucking-all
    I almost won when I got their Rapier as Axe, but there's only so much an Axe can do 50 minutes in against a Clinkz and an Alch who both have BKBs

Edited:

Also best way to reverse a loss:
    Aggro enemies diving into your base into fountain with Beserker's Call and take their rapier

9. Post #6209
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,587 Posts

Looks snazzy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #6210
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,192 Posts

Looks snazzy.
    Better than BDS(A)M
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #6211
    July 2010
    4,007 Posts
    i cant wait for custom maps and gamemodes, that will add a complete new flavor to dota 2
    I sort of want to see someone create a faithful reproduction of the entire warcraft 3 campaign.

That and the boss battles map. That shit was so much fun.

12. Post #6212
    October 2009
    12,675 Posts

Valve being all tricky n shit now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #6213
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,456 Posts

Valve being all tricky n shit now.
    Valentines day crate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #6214
    July 2010
    4,007 Posts
    I'm still annoyed that this was flagged as not meeting their guidelines months and months ago.

I'd have loved something along these lines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #6215
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,920 Posts
    that looks like shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #6216
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    Just wrote this Email to the DOTA2 Team.

Hi,

I really enjoyed WarCraft 3 Custom Games, and still do, 11 years on - the sheer range of game-modes that could be created with the world editor, even by 15 year old's, that lead to the Dota we all enjoy today - The way the custom games list worked was fantastic, although I'm sure a source-esque lobby wouldn't go amiss, and the fact that you could instantly download new maps from the server in a second made it so open-to-all and loved by everyone.

Surprisingly, hardly any of the content, apart from the map layout and scripts/ triggers/ properties, was actually custom. The engineer hero in original DOTA was simply a re-purposed sniper from the Human side in WC3, scaled slightly larger, with a glow. Brewmaster was a leftover Pandaren asset from WC3, again scaled up with a glow. The same sniper could be found as a unit in a WC3 version of RISK, just this time scaled much smaller to fit on the map resembling the earth, and with hundreds of other identical units surrounding it. Zeus from DOTA was originally a dwarf with a hammer, that was similarly used to represent Gimli in a WC3 version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (which took hours to complete with a fully party, perma-death optional, on a single map designed to represent Middle Earth spiralling back and forth across the map).

If WC3 didn't have custom maps functionality it would have maybe lasted 3-4 years tops, with hardcore players going on an additional 2 years or so. Instead, the # of players on Battle.net was consistently high for around 10 years (100k+ concurrent users for at least 6 years) until people exploited game hosting to create bots full of empty games that virtually made it annoying and time-consuming to find a game with actual players, at which point the game's popularity decreased.

Throughout this entire timescale I have re-purchased WC3, an old game by anyone's standards, five times, and re-installed it countless times. I'd say I consistently played it every 3 months for around 100 hours over a week or two, then taking a break from it again before realizing how great it was again and returning to it, to find yet more original games being added. I never even played Stock WC3, single-player or multi-player and still haven't to this day. A friend introduced me to custom games and I got hooked and have probably racked up more time on it to date than any game I've ever owned.

I think with the route you seem to be taking by introducing these small and fun custom game-modes and so on, and looking at the customization available in the likes of TF2, that custom games might not be too far off, and I really hope this is the case.

I honestly think by introducing custom maps/ game-modes/ scripting and opening it to all players-turned-developers, you will open Dota2 to becoming 'the ultimate party game' - and probably keep a consistent 200k concurrent users for the next 10+ years, provided the tech is updated and refined (WCIII has not had patches in a long time, hence the problem with the bots and empty games).

If the bot problem had not arisen, I'm sure the population of players wouldn't have dropped, so making sure that douchebags can't do stuff like this for the sake of infamy would be important.

Without Custom Games, DOTA2 itself wouldn't exist and this is why I love it so, and hope that DOTA2 can implement this functionality in the near future.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #6217
    July 2010
    4,007 Posts
    It was based off older models and textures of brood as I recall.

There was an updated version that had some fixes but it vanished.

18. Post #6218
    February 2005
    16,510 Posts
    Just wrote this Email to the DOTA2 Team.
    I don't know why. Eventually we will have custom games but not until after the game is released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #6219
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    When was Spectre's weapon changed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 5 (list)

20. Post #6220
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,748 Posts
    Are you talking about the Anti-Mage-like blade she has under her glowy circle thing? That was like a half a dozen updates ago.

21. Post #6221
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,359 Posts
    The new CM set looks a lot better than the Polycount one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #6222
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    I don't know why. Eventually we will have custom games but not until after the game is released.
    My urge for custom games is flaring up again. Some Battle for Troy or Helms Deep Defense, maybe even Life of a Peasant Resident Evil edition, RISK, or perhaps simply a standard game of Stronghold, Green TD, Battleships or Wintermaul TD will suffice.

Unfortunately, none of this is possible on WC3, because of the bots situation, so I'm just enjoying the feeling that my imagination conjours when I think about those custom games, re-invisioned in DOTA2.

Parasite! Hungry Felhounds! Battleships/tanks were basically DOTA but with ships/tanks and an insane arsenal of weapons and multiple upgradeable tanks. It was fucking awesome. They were all fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events

23. Post #6223
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,661 Posts
    Mmm sexy Anti-mage chest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #6224
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Is it common knowledge that if you place a ward on the stairs next to Dire's ancient camps, the vision is completely off to the side of the ward?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #6225
    February 2005
    16,510 Posts
    Is it common knowledge that if you place a ward on the stairs next to Dire's ancient camps, the vision is completely off to the side of the ward?

Yes, because the way that God forsaken staircase works is that if you're above it you can't see shit down it, unlike every other stair in the game. Obviously you can't see up it either if you're not up there (like every other stair in the game).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #6226
    May 2010
    7,703 Posts
    Yes, because the way that God forsaken staircase works is that if you're above it you can't see shit down it, unlike every other stair in the game. Obviously you can't see up it either if you're not up there (like every other stair in the game).
    some guy referred to its vision (and the rosh pit vision) as a ghost zone so that's what I'll go with

27. Post #6227
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    why is alchemist such a good hero?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #6228
    November 2009
    2,895 Posts
    why is alchemist such a good hero?
    free hp and mana regen at lvl 6
    a stun that doesn't suck shit anymore
    free AOE armor shred
    farming passive

29. Post #6229
    May 2010
    7,703 Posts
    free hp and mana regen at lvl 6
    a stun that doesn't suck shit anymore
    free AOE armor shred
    farming passive
    and his level 3 ult gives him a BAT of 1 so at max attack speed he hits for around 4 attacks a second

30. Post #6230
    February 2005
    16,510 Posts
    some guy referred to its vision (and the rosh pit vision) as a ghost zone so that's what I'll go with
    It's the worst place to be on the entire map, ever. God help you if you wanna try to start a fight there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #6231
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    Walking up the stairs only to be greeted by the other team "Welp I'm fucked"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #6232
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    and then you run down the river to lane to be greeted by jakiro and his stun
    and earthshaker blinks from the secret shop and SLAMIN's you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

33. Post #6233
    and his level 3 ult gives him a BAT of 1 so at max attack speed he hits for around 4 attacks a second
    5 attacks per second if you go big.

Edited:

So I did mid lion for the first time in a while against a pudge.

I love fingering people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #6234
    moo
    November 2006
    4,793 Posts
    I played all random and got Medusa. I'm not too good of a carry player but I thought it shouldn't be too bad, me and ogre magi got a quick first blood with a DD rune. But then he was autoattacking creeps. I told him to stop and go stack + pull so I could farm the lane. He told me he was helping me get last hits...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #6235
    March 2012
    1,167 Posts
    What would you guys say is an ideal team setup?
    Carry, Semi-carry, 2 Supports, and a Ganker/Jungler?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #6236
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    For a pub, 5 carries.

37. Post #6237
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    What is "MD" next to last hits on the scoreboard?

38. Post #6238
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,484 Posts
    You'd probably want to swap out a support or the semi carry for the jungler rather than the ganker (who I'm guessing is your mid)

(I'm not saying that a jungler is required btw)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

39. Post #6239
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,961 Posts
    My latest pet peeve about people in games.

"and you only have bfury and sny at 40 mins gg"

does nobody ever stop and think "hmm maybe this game hasn't been going so well, so it's understandable this juggernaut hasn't got the full build"-

nope, gotta flame, gotta be an asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)