1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    52 Posts
    Hello!

I've decided I want more money printers on my server and with that I went ahead and created a new entity in "darkrp/entities/entities". I've called the printer "money_printer_test". I then went to the "addentities.lua" file and added

Code:
    AddEntity("Test Money Printer", {
    	ent = "money_printer_test",
    	model = "models/props_c17/consolebox01a.mdl",
    	price = 10,
    	max = 3,
    	cmd = "/buytestmoneyprinter"
    })
    I then went into the game and clicked on the new printer entity. To my dismay, it didn't work! It just said "/buytestmoneyprinter" in the chat and took the money off of me.

I've searched around a good but and can only find tutorials and help for DarkRP before GMod 13, and I think that's the problem. Would I be correct in saying the way printers are created has changed? If not, then I'm just retarded.

Thanks in advance,
    Jake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

December 2012
    139 Posts
    1.You should edit printers, not make them
    2. Restart server then the enittie can load.
    3. Look if the command is not the same as any ohter printer.
    4. iF those doesnt work, you failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    52 Posts
    1.You should edit printers, not make them
    2. Restart server then the enittie can load.
    3. Look if the command is not the same as any ohter printer.
    4. iF those doesnt work, you failed.
    1. Why would I edit the printer if there is only one by default? I want to add more.
    2. I did restart the server, but that made no difference.
    3. I posted my code above, it is not the same as any other command.
    4. That's nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

October 2012
    33 Posts
    1. Why would I edit the printer if there is only one by default? I want to add more.
    Im pretty sure he means you shoudl just copypaste the old printer (Duplicate the code)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    52 Posts
    Im pretty sure he means you shoudl just copypaste the old printer (Duplicate the code)
    It's the exact same code except for the printer name and the entity. What'd be the point of using the same entity? The amount being printed wouldn't change then...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

December 2012
    139 Posts
    Get some of the steam workshop. There are enough there. DarkRP gemstone money printers are very populair these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    52 Posts
    Get some of the steam workshop. There are enough there. DarkRP gemstone money printers are very populair these days.
    I've tried those too. I just don't like 'em. I'd rather do it myself, but I'm confuddled why it doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

December 2012
    139 Posts
    You want them to print 20 every second or like 250 every minute?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    52 Posts
    You want them to print 20 every second or like 250 every minute?
    500 every 4 - 8 minutes.

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    January 2012
    588 Posts
    Try the lua section maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

January 2013
    32 Posts
    No tutorial for you, I want to keep it as my own :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2013
    18 Posts
    Hello!

I've decided I want more money printers on my server and with that I went ahead and created a new entity in "darkrp/entities/entities". I've called the printer "money_printer_test". I then went to the "addentities.lua" file and added

Code:
    AddEntity("Test Money Printer", {
    	ent = "money_printer_test",
    	price = 10,
    	max = 3,
    	cmd = "/buytestmoneyprinter"
    })
    I then went into the game and clicked on the new printer entity. To my dismay, it didn't work! It just said "/buytestmoneyprinter" in the chat and took the money off of me.

I've searched around a good but and can only find tutorials and help for DarkRP before GMod 13, and I think that's the problem. Would I be correct in saying the way printers are created has changed? If not, then I'm just retarded.

Thanks in advance,
    Jake.
    I had this problem and have just fixed it, here's what I did:

In the path: garrysmod\gamemodes\DarkRP\entities\entities

I named a folder a new folder 'iron_money_printer' and copied the contents from the 'money_printer' folder already in there.

In the cl_init files, change all instances of 'Money printer' to 'Iron money printer'. There should be 2 instances.

In the init.lua, change the GAMEMODE.Config.mprintamount second amount to the amount you want the iron money printer to print.

And change the "Your money printer has exploded!" and "Your money printer is overheating!" if you like relating to iron.

In the shared.lua, make sure the ENT.PrintName = "Iron Money Printer"

And finally, goto garrysmod\gamemodes\DarkRP\gamemode and open the addentities.lua

scroll to the bottom under -- ADD CUSTOM SHIPMENTS HERE(next line):

and add:

AddEntity("Iron Money printer", {
    ent = "iron_money_printer",
    price = 2000,
    max = 2,
    cmd = "/buyironmoneyprinter"
    })

And you should be good to go! Save the files and restart your server!

Now you can copy the same technique and change all the instances of "iron" to a name of your choice. ^^

I am very new to making a RP server and have just started setting up one.

EDIT:

About an hour after posting, here is my progress:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/92...A3F6A22263823/

^^

Also, in DarkRP > gamemode > config.lua

look for this like:

-- mprintamount - Value of the money printed by the money printer.
    GM.Config.mprintamount= 250

Change 250 to 0. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)