1. Post #1
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua King x 42Winner x 4Artistic x 2Dumb x 2Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    LITTLE PREB FAGGOT
    January 2012
    897 Posts
    Is this going to be full gamemode?
    If so, are you going to make the maps yourself or will you use already existing ones?

I really like the looks of it.

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    Is this going to be full gamemode?
    If so, are you going to make the maps yourself or will you use already existing ones?

I really like the looks of it.
    It's not a full game-mode, It's integrated into sandbox, Mostly because it gives me a bit more freedom.

I admit, I'm a horrible mapper and i have no intention on mapping anything, But a few of my friends are good at that sort of thing, So that might be my answer.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,048 Posts
    Where can i download this
    looks fucking awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2010
    170 Posts
    Where are the voices in the Vol & Focus Combat video from? They sound familiar.

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    Where can i download this
    looks fucking awesome
    It's not up for download right now, You can see at the top i mentioned people asking for a thread, Sorry.

Where are the voices in the Vol & Focus Combat video from? They sound familiar.
    I wont disclose the source, I'm sure you'll have fun finding out for yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,048 Posts
    It's not up for download right now, You can see at the top i mentioned people asking for a thread, Sorry.
    hurry up, i need this

I wont disclose the source, I'm sure you'll have fun finding out for yourself.
    to me it sounds like very highly edited cuts from the HL2 rebels
    ... or alyx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2011
    767 Posts
    Seems very similar to Dark Messiah. Which is a good thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    hurry up, i need this

to me it sounds like very highly edited cuts from the HL2 rebels
    ... or alyx
    I don't know how to answer that, Are you demanding me to hurry up or are you asking me?

Its neither of those sources, But it IS a source engine game.

Seems very similar to Dark Messiah. Which is a good thing.
    That was my main inspiration for starting this project actually. Dark Messiah was amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,048 Posts
    I don't know how to answer that, Are you demanding me to hurry up or are you asking me?
    asking, begging and pleading
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    It's like getting a song stuck in your head that you don't know the name of

12. Post #12
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    asking, begging and pleading
    Dont hurry this.

Coding takes time, and im pretty sure that when this releases, you will be pleased.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #13
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,167 Posts
    Dont hurry this.

Coding takes time, and im pretty sure that when this releases, you will be pleased.
    but do it as quickly as possible without rushing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    Seriously?

Theres no way to take that as no rushing, just wait please...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,594 Posts
    You are fucking amazing. Holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2008
    817 Posts
    Which is the equivalent of asking someone to go quickly, but take their time doing so.

Anyway, how will the enemies in Seven Swords be handled (AKA: Will enemies like the Combine Elites or Striders go down easily with seven players instead of one player)?

And are you considering/implementingmore features and possible teamwork for navigation, like giving another player a lift or helping them jump further; will there also be times where players can't get up, requiring either a difficult recovery or a hand (somebody with fatigue is holding onto a ledge, and either needs to be helped up or recover gradually whilst trying to hold on: kind of like 'I Am Alive' with the Extreme Effort, though not necessarily button mashing)?

Might seem a bit drastic when the focus is on strength-in-numbers combat/possibly puzzles, but with this players would use the rest feature regularly, and it would encourage helping each other out. I mean, if five people died, and there were seven players total...that'd give them a reason to help each other out, if the difficulty changes depending on how many players are actually on the server. The co-operation for both getting other players further ahead, and helping weakened ones, would ensure that no one gets left behind.

17. Post #17
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,167 Posts
    Seriously?

Theres no way to take that as no rushing, just wait please...
    that was the joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    Which is the equivalent of asking someone to go quickly, but take their time doing so.

Anyway, how will the enemies in Seven Swords be handled (AKA: Will enemies like the Combine Elites or Striders go down easily with seven players instead of one player)?

And are you considering/implementingmore features and possible teamwork for navigation, like giving another player a lift or helping them jump further; will there also be times where players can't get up, requiring either a difficult recovery or a hand (somebody with fatigue is holding onto a ledge, and either needs to be helped up or recover gradually whilst trying to hold on: kind of like 'I Am Alive' with the Extreme Effort, though not necessarily button mashing)?

Might seem a bit drastic when the focus is on strength-in-numbers combat/possibly puzzles, but with this players would use the rest feature regularly, and it would encourage helping each other out. I mean, if five people died, and there were seven players total...that'd give them a reason to help each other out, if the difficulty changes depending on how many players are actually on the server. The co-operation for both getting other players further ahead, and helping weakened ones, would ensure that no one gets left behind.
    The enemies weaknesses and strengths vary between Your play style, And your element.

Here is a quick example.

You're fighting zombies, Your element is Light, You have low power daggers and a long bow.

You can't do much damage with the daggers, And the enclosed swarm of zombies gives you no room to use your bow, Your light magic for healing yourself isn't as strong as healing other players, This is a bad situation.

Now, You're fighting zombies, Your element is fire, You have a low power short sword, And a tier 2 shield.

You can equip the shield and block the zombies attacks without getting tired, Since shields drain less stamina than parrying with a sword does, While you're blocking the zombies with your shield, Your mana is slowly regenerating, Soon enough, You have 50 mana, You cast "Fire Aura", Killing the surrounding zombies with AOE Flames.

Teamwork can be many things, Light players can heal people who get knocked out, Allowing them to wake up exactly where they got K-O'd instead of at a restoration point, Earth can use Shard to boost players higher with the rocks that are created.

Teamwork also comes into the magic system, Where you can combine many elemental spells to create others.

A good example is if a Fire element casts a Fire ball into an Earth elements Earthquake, You create a Magma Quake, It practically turns the earth quake into a high damaging burn quake that launches mini fireballs every 1.2 seconds.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,048 Posts
    A good example is if a Fire element casts a Fire ball into an Earth elements Earthquake, You create a Magma Quake, It practically turns the earth quake into a high damaging burn quake that launches mini fireballs every 1.2 seconds.
    shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg
    There's a fair amount of these combos, too, enough that you'd be able to sit and experiment with things for a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    The enemies weaknesses and strengths vary between Your play style, And your element.

Here is a quick example.

You're fighting zombies, Your element is Light, You have low power daggers and a long bow.

You can't do much damage with the daggers, And the enclosed swarm of zombies gives you no room to use your bow, Your light magic for healing yourself isn't as strong as healing other players, This is a bad situation.

Now, You're fighting zombies, Your element is fire, You have a low power short sword, And a tier 2 shield.

You can equip the shield and block the zombies attacks without getting tired, Since shields drain less stamina than parrying with a sword does, While you're blocking the zombies with your shield, Your mana is slowly regenerating, Soon enough, You have 50 mana, You cast "Fire Aura", Killing the surrounding zombies with AOE Flames.

Teamwork can be many things, Light players can heal people who get knocked out, Allowing them to wake up exactly where they got K-O'd instead of at a restoration point, Earth can use Shard to boost players higher with the rocks that are created.

Teamwork also comes into the magic system, Where you can combine many elemental spells to create others.

So, the possibilities are endless?

Im liking this idea...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2010
    170 Posts
    For some reason, that sounded like Pokemon to me...

23. Post #23
    May 2008
    817 Posts
    For some reason, that sounded like Pokemon to me...
    That would be because Pokemon have elements like Fire, Earth etc.

And they also have moves like that.

[SUB]I barely play Pokemon[/SUB]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    It's less like Pokemon, since Pokemon's elemental type system is akin to a rock-paper-scissors approach to fighting, since everything has a type it's good against, and one that it's weak against

The elements we use here don't exactly have a weakness or an advantage over another, it's more a change in playstyle, so, what element you choose has less of an impact on the outcome of a battle than the players' skill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2 (list)

25. Post #25

June 2012
    169 Posts
    dat animation

Edited:

but seriously, magenta, you should film yourself animating and post it on youtube. Maybe some people on facepunch will realize their talent with animating from watching you.

26. Post #26
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    It's less like Pokemon, since Pokemon's elemental type system is akin to a rock-paper-scissors approach to fighting, since everything has a type it's good against, and one that it's weak against

The elements we use here don't exactly have a weakness or an advantage over another, it's more a change in playstyle, so, what element you choose has less of an impact on the outcome of a battle than the players' skill
    Also remember that all of this is realtime, making it with a quickier combat approach, not turn-based.

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    Also remember that all of this is realtime, making it with a quickier combat approach, not turn-based.
    I've said before, My main inspiration for seven swords was Dark Messiah, but the main reason it was, Is because dark messiah's combat system was Fluid and Fast, Unlike chivalry which is clunky and slow.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    Which influences our choice to reject something that's like a rock-paper-scissors system, since a turn based system is more strategy based, whereas an active combat system requires more reflex and quick thought. You don't have as much time to think, and therefore, your actions should be dictated by what you can do off the top of your head, and not something that you can sit back and organize

Edited:

Granted, this is in a PVP situation, maps can allow for a bit more planning due to the staggering of enemy encounters/ rest areas

29. Post #29
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    Which influences our choice to reject something that's like a rock-paper-scissors system, since a turn based system is more strategy based, whereas an active combat system requires more reflex and quick thought. You don't have as much time to think, and therefore, your actions should be dictated by what you can do off the top of your head, and not something that you can sit back and organize

Edited:

Granted, this is in a PVP situation, maps can allow for a bit more planning due to the staggering of enemy encounters/ rest areas
    Must be interesting using that + the old Dark Messiah mappack.

I think i still have it somewhere, if not, im pretty sure the FP thread for the pack still exists...

Also, i would take my guess on the voice from Legend of Zelda and/or Left 4 Dead

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts

I think i still have it somewhere, if not, im pretty sure the FP thread for the pack still exists...

Also, i would take my guess on the voice from Legend of Zelda and/or Left 4 Dead
    If not, it's not as if those maps aren't in a state where they can't actively be used

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts

The latter, Dark messiah maps seem to crash G-Mod for some reason.

32. Post #32
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    The latter, Dark messiah maps seem to crash G-Mod for some reason.
    Someone has fixed them.

I will search for the link

EDIT: Found it: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1125819

Altrough, the content seems to be dead, i will see if i can find it somewhere.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    347 Posts
    the voice is Zoey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    the voice is Zoey.
    Yep yep.

Someone has fixed them.

I will search for the link

EDIT: Found it: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1125819

Altrough, the content seems to be dead, i will see if i can find it somewhere.
    Much obliged, I need to see if i can get the single player maps working.

35. Post #35
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    Damn!
    I knew one of my 2 guesses were right.

Also, wait until i try to contact him and get the content back.

I dont have money for MediaPro, if someone has it, could you kindly download it and reupload it please?

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,810 Posts
    Damn!
    I knew one of my 2 guesses were right.

Also, wait until i try to contact him and get the content back.

I dont have money for MediaPro, if someone has it, could you kindly download it and reupload it please?

Thanks.
    I'd rather refix the maps, which is what'll probably end up being done

Edited:

Wait, why do you need MediaPro, I'm dling the maps just fine

37. Post #37
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    I'd rather refix the maps, which is what'll probably end up being done

Edited:

Wait, why do you need MediaPro, I'm dling the maps just fine
    The maps are right, but the content is dead as i said, it says that the owners resources are over.

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    The maps are right, but the content is dead as i said, it says that the owners resources are over.
    Can simply take the content straight from the GCF's the Models/Materials/Scripts/Sounds are compatible with all source engine versions anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    Can simply take the content straight from the GCF's the Models/Materials/Scripts/Sounds are compatible with all source engine versions anyway.
    I didnt knew that.

Thanks for the help again!

Also, after the addon release, i am thinking of doing a series of gameplays and tutorial videos with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    October 2012
    323 Posts
    I didnt knew that.

Thanks for the help again!

Also, after the addon release, i am thinking of doing a series of gameplays and tutorial videos with it.
    Tutorial videos could be made to show you secret and advanced techniques.

Seven sword's has a fair amount of secret powers and techniques you can do.

I can spoil one here, And that's that players can do an "Advanced Wall Kick", By kicking off another wall That isn't facing the same direction as the first one you kicked off.

Essentially, Allowing you to kick up twice as high, This is extremely useful for wind elements, Since there kick up height is affected by their reduced gravitational pull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 3 (list)