1. Post #1
    January 2012
    145 Posts
    I got Windows 8 but I hate using IE so I found the new "Google Search" app from the Windows Store, but when I want to look at a YouTube video it requires the flash player, I've been all over the internet searching for an answer, this is my last try.

So my basic question is do I have to download the old Windows 7 flash player for it to work, or should I wait for Google to release an update making it compatible with HTML 5 or an In-Built Flash player?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    I'm not sure what the Google Search app does, but I imagine it's not designed to be used as a fully fledged browser and probably for quick google searches. Flash should work with any desktop browsers (Including IE when in desktop mode). Also, youtube does have a html5 player, you just have to enable it from here http://youtube.com/html5

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    145 Posts
    Google Search is a full screen Windows 8 app that has A LOT less features than Google Chrome does, I'm beginning to think that this app is only really for quick browsing, but what I don't understand is that in the applications section of the browser it as YouTube listed, so I might just stick to Google Chrome until they update it to work properly....