1. Post #1
    peopleofgaming.com
    January 2009
    1,087 Posts
    [URL]

http://www.dota2.com/diretide

New Gamemode called Diretide:
    Compete against the enemy team in collecting the most candy.
    Collect candy from Roshlings and deposit it in your Candy Bucket.
    Go on a raid and steal the enemy's candy from their bucket.
    When the timer expires the team with the most candy wins!
    Then get assraped by Rosh!

Egg Crafting
    http://puu.sh/1kKKB
    http://puu.sh/1kKLb

Below is from a Reddit thread
    Code:
    It is said (by some elder sage or other) that the hatchlings are highly susceptible, and that each essence exerts a unique influence on the incubating creature. Is there method to this madness? Trial and error, and some comparison of results, will surely reveal the rules of Greevil husbandry.this basically means that different essences will affect the outcome of the egg when it hatches, this is mainly a thread to try and gather information about the different possible outcomes and how to get them.
    first things first....
    Each Egg has 9 slots for essences, don't be fooled by the appearance of 15 slots (the other 6 slots are just a visual indication of how the colors combine to generate green/orange/purple) :
    3 red slots (Exort essence)
    3 Blue slots (Quas Essence)
    3 Yellow slots (Wex Essence)
    Different Types of essences :
    Quas Essence
    Wex Essence
    Exort Essence
    Unusual Essence
    Strange Essence
    Subtle Essence
    Shadow Essence
    WARNING : for those of you who are willing to experiment, DON'T use a shadow essence on an egg that already contains other types of essences, it will always convert into a dreaded egg (Black) no matter what, and your essences already put into the egg will be kinda useless, since you can just put a shadow essence into an empty egg to get the same result
    Different Egg outcomes according to essences feeded : (Image can be found Here, Thanks dspir1t.)
    The difference in level between courier types results in different animations for them.
    Red Eggs : (Majority of Red Essences)
    Ferocious Egg (Red type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 1

Brutal Egg (Red type 2) : 2 Exort Essence, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 2

Merciless Egg (Red type 3) : 3 Exort Essence, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 3

Yellow Eggs : (Majority of Yellow Essences)
    Anxious Egg (Yellow type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 1

Eager Egg (Yellow type 2) : 2 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 2

Spirited Egg (Yellow type 3) : 3 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 3

Blue Eggs : (Majority of Blue Essences)
    Stubborn Egg (Blue type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 1

Resolute Egg (Blue type 2) : 2 Quas Essence, , Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 2

Determined Egg (Blue type 3) : 3 Quas Essence, Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 3

Green Eggs : (Majority of Blue/Yellow Essences)
    Covetous Egg (Green type 1) : 2 Quas/ 2 Wex, Hatch outcome : Green Greevil Level 1

Greedy Egg (Green type 2) : 3 Quas/ 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Green Greevil Level 2

Orange Eggs : (Majority of Red/Yellow Essences)
    Ravenous Egg (Orange type 1) : 2 Exort / 2 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 1

Voracious Egg (Orange type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 2

Purple Eggs : (Majority of Blue/Red Essences)
    Cruel Egg (Purple type 1) : 2 Exort / 2 Quas, Hatch outcome : Purple Greevil Level 1

Wicked Egg (Purple type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Quas, Hatch outcome : Purple Greevil Level 2

White Eggs (Majority of Red/Yellow/Blue Essences)
    Blessed Egg (White type 1) : 2 Quas/2 Wex/2 Exort, Hatch outcome : White Greevil Level 1

Seraphic Egg (White type 2) : 3 Quas/3 Wex/ 3 Exort, Hatch outcome : White Greevil Level 2 (Source, Confirmed Thanks Treguard)

Black Eggs
    Dreaded Egg (Black type 1) : 1 Shadow Essence, Hatch outcome : Black Greevil Level 1
    Natural Eggs
    Imbued Egg (Natural type 1): 1 essence of any type except shadow OR All other combinations, Hatch outcome : Normal Greevil Level 1 (Naked)
    SPECULATIONS : (Please confirm these or deny them if you got any proof)
    Unusual essence will not change the egg color or the outcome, but it might cause the courier to be unusual??

IF the speculation about unusual essence is correct, will strange essence cause the courier to be strange?

what exactly does the subtle essence do ?

Adding a shadow essence into an egg will always turn it into a dreaded egg no matter what type of essences you had before, or even if it was empty, and it prevents you from adding more essences (Source, Confirmed thanks shepherdlui.)

Eggs will hatch after the event is over, and not anytime before.

Egg outcomes will be Greevil Couriers, The Greevil will have a number of different parts ranging from Ears, Eyes, Hair, Horns, Nose, Tails, Teeth and Wings. He will also come in a range of different colours etc. The combination you get will be determined from whatever essences you feed your egg. (Source, Confirmed Thanks Cyborgmatt.)

lets try to make this post as informative as possible so people can get the most out of this event within its duration. (and try to get as many people contributing to this, the more input the faster this gets completed and confirmed)
    Happy Diretide. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20 (list)

2. Post #2
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Saw it too, when I click it in-game it just defaults to the old update.

Roshan is cute.

3. Post #3
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,838 Posts
    Roaming Roshan?

Oh dear.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,623 Posts
    Dota 2 is beautiful in SFM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #5
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,032 Posts
    The Diretide page is now up, nice

6. Post #6
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    2,001 Posts
    About flipping time, I was expecting it far earlier though.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,623 Posts
    This looks way better than the TF2 Halloween
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    Medallion now core on every hero
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2009
    12,690 Posts
    I'm so fucking excited. I knew being sick today would pay off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    This is awesome. You guys think we're still getting heroes tomorrow as well? That would be one amazing update.

11. Post #11
    It wouldn't surprise me if they snuck in Medusa. But that roshan is so cute :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,239 Posts
    Baby Roshan courier confirmed. I don't need to say more.

13. Post #13
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    Diretide is a separate game mode, probably gonna take forever to find matches.=
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    DJF
    April 2011
    531 Posts
    I wonder what's in those crates and eggs.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,953 Posts
    I read the site and I have no fucking idea what you're meant to do. So you get candy, and feed it to Roshan, and then he gets a sugar rush and you kill him for loot but you can also feed candy to a greevil egg?

Maybe it'll make more sense when I play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,063 Posts

17. Post #17
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,838 Posts
    Woohoo updating.

18. Post #18
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Bloody HUD and river... awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    beep
    January 2006
    7,771 Posts
    i want the lil babs roshan. soooo cute
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    I have no fucking clue what's going on, but it's fun.

21. Post #21
    C47
    January 2010
    968 Posts
    Quality page there, getting chills all over. I wonder if this will work in bot matches too.

How long is the event going to be?
    Will it be an separate/optional mode or default mode for all match types?

22. Post #22
    peopleofgaming.com
    January 2009
    1,087 Posts
    This is super fun.

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    So, basically, you collect candy for 15 minutes. The people with the most candy get free items. Then Roshan comes and you get FUCKED THE FUCK UP. The team that gets the last hit on Roshan gets free items, the rest get the egg things.

It's really, really fun. When Roshan comes you get a free 15k and you can't attack the enemy team.

ALSO DEATH PROPHET IS THE ANNOUNCER !!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

24. Post #24
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,063 Posts
    EDIT NEVERMIND

25. Post #25
    January 2010
    3,163 Posts
    If they got Ellen back to do an announcer voice over I bet they also got her to do Medusa.

26. Post #26
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    lmao NP and AM are imba as fuck on this

27. Post #27
    DJF
    April 2011
    531 Posts
    My god this is fun, and so many items

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,007 Posts
    I snagged a tidehunter item for coming in #1 killing rosh as lion, eblade and dagon 5 for the win

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,988 Posts
    Decided to play it and had a team who couldn't figure it the fuck out. I'm kind of slow and I Was the first to figure out that CANDY GIVES YOU EXP USE IT TO FARM TO LEVEL 25 THAT IS WHY HE REGENS FASTER THEN YOU CAN HIT HIM YOU ARE ALL LEVEL 17 NO THE CANDY DOES NOT HURT HIM YOU DUMB RUSSIAN GOD FUCK

Fantastic gamemode though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    ROSHAN ALSO HAS DIFFERENT COSTUMES AHAHAHAHAHA

I've gotten him as an Angel and as Frankenstein's Monster so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

31. Post #31
    beep
    January 2006
    7,771 Posts
    this game mode is awesome, the speed is a major plus compared to grinding the start of the game

32. Post #32
    November 2009
    233 Posts
    i really hope this gamemode isn't restricted to halloween only, this gamemode is TONS of fun

33. Post #33
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,063 Posts
    i really hope this gamemode isn't restricted to halloween only, this gamemode is TONS of fun
    Unfortunately it probably will be. This gamemode seems like it can get old really quick, so I guess it's not really a bad thing if they decide to make it only playable on Halloween.

34. Post #34
    September 2010
    577 Posts
    So how to item drops work in this? Do you just earn items as you get the candy, or when you complete the match. Also, would it just be random players or does everyone on the team get guaranteed an item?

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    So how to item drops work in this? Do you just earn items as you get the candy, or when you complete the match. Also, would it just be random players or does everyone on the team get guaranteed an item?
    You get an item for having more candy after the first half, and an item for either last hitting Roshan or dealing more damage to him overall (haven't figured out which yet).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,799 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2010
    2,242 Posts
    This is so awesome!

38. Post #38
    Omniknight is fantastic playing this, get boots of speed, cast repel, teleport back and fourth between the enemies pumpkin and yours.

also you're pretty much immune to rosh

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,161 Posts

roshan senpai~~

your baby is so kawaii~~

(sweet mother of god its so cuuuute)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,799 Posts
    Omniknight is fantastic playing this, get boots of speed, cast repel, teleport back and fourth between the enemies pumpkin and yours.

also you're pretty much immune to rosh
    Tinker is brilliant too, especially in the kill Roshan bit.
    Get 4 Sheeps Sticks, Blink and BoTs, win game.