1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,594 Posts
    (Apologies if late)
    The CEO of a major corporation went much further in his effort to persuade his employees to back Mitt Romney than has been previously reported, according to an email obtained by MSNBC's Up w/Chris Hayes and provided to HuffPost.

Arthur Allen, CEO of ASG Software Solutions, was previously exposed by Hayes as having urged his employees to vote for Mitt Romney for president. A new email from Allen shows he encouraged employees to donate to Romney to "help ASG and yourself."

"I am encouraging everyone to go to the Romney for President web site and contribute as much as you can to his campaign for President, up to the maximum of $2500.00 per person," he wrote. "Please help ASG and yourself by contributing to the Romney/Ryan campaign."

Romney has urged bosses to pressure their workers to support him, as have the Koch brothers and other executives.

Read the full ASG email below:

Mr. Allen posted:
    To all ASG domestic employees,
    This coming Monday, Mitt Romney will be officially nominated as the Republican Presidential candidate. I am encouraging everyone to go to the Romney for President web site and contribute as much as you can to his campaign for President, up to the maximum of $2500.00 per person. I am also encouraging you to contact all of your friends and relatives and ask them to support Romney and to go to the polls and vote on election day.

ASG, like many companies, is still struggling, even after 4 years. You probably heard that we tripped a bank leverage covenant on June 30th, and now must go through yet another round of unfavorable treatment by our lenders. Many of our domestic employees are still on the 4 day work week. Many of our customers are waiting until they see the results of the election before beginning to invest again. We need to elect a fiscally conservative President and Vice-President and stop this ridiculous government spending. I believe that Romney and Ryan can put us back on the path to sanity, but even then it is not going to be painless for our country and ASG.

Please help ASG and yourself by contributing to the Romney/Ryan campaign.

Mr. Allen
    SOURCE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1992370.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,397 Posts
    Romney doesn't deserve that money; what he DOES deserve is a baseball bat to the guts. Because money pinatas.

I hope he crashes and burns even with all that support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,759 Posts
    Let him.

It's probably not gonna work but hey, it's funny watching him essentially go 'please vote for this guy or we- I mean, I'm so royally fucked'.

4. Post #4
    beep
    January 2006
    7,575 Posts
    Isnt it illegal to do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,726 Posts
    Its only illegal if they tell everyone to donate or they're fired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Informative Informative x 5Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    6,549 Posts
    I'm actually sort of interested in seeing Romney elected just to see how much he fucks things up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,175 Posts
    I'm actually sort of interested in seeing Romney elected just to see how much he fucks things up.
    The part of me which wants Romney win is the part which wants to see the world burn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Its only illegal if they tell everyone to donate or they're fired.
    That's basically what he's doing. "Vote romney or we'll go bankrupt and you lose your job".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,541 Posts
    Then afterwards everyone will see how much of a fuck up he is and beg to have Obama back, and hopefully steer clear of republicans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,792 Posts
    I find it hilarious some people call Romney a "fiscal conservative", and yet a lot of people are getting on Romney's case because he doesn't seem to have a realistic economic plan and refuses to elaborate on the details of it besides lowering taxes on the rich, making some of the people currently too poor to pay federal taxes pay them and cutting welfare and social programs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts
    That's basically what he's doing. "Vote romney or we'll go bankrupt and you lose your job".
    There is a legal difference. What he is doing is not illegal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,376 Posts
    While I understand that the action is caused by financial struggles, I think that it's going with a blindfold. Maybe it gets worse with Romney - and I wouldn't even be surprised by that. I'm pretty sure he's happy to find two fitting socks when he's getting up.

13. Post #13
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    There is a legal difference. What he is doing is not illegal.
    Not yet

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts
    It wont be. Its free speech.

15. Post #15
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    It wont be. Its free speech.
    Should be illegal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,255 Posts
    Should be illegal.
    You cant take away someones right to talk about how he feels certain policy's will effect his business.

17. Post #17
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    4,070 Posts
    I find it hilarious some people call Romney a "fiscal conservative", and yet a lot of people are getting on Romney's case because he doesn't seem to have a realistic economic plan and refuses to elaborate on the details of it besides lowering taxes on the rich, making some of the people currently too poor to pay federal taxes pay them and cutting welfare and social programs.
    The wonders of "at least its not x" voting.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    He's just saying that it'd be beneficial to the company and thus the employee, so he strongly suggests it. He isn't forcing them.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    So while this may be unrelated. But Tagg Romney, Romney's son, just bought the company that produces voting machines for Ohio.

Company is called Hart something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    So while this may be unrelated. But Tagg Romney, Romney's son, just bought the company that produces voting machines for Ohio.

No, the family has, for some time, had a majority ownership of the company that owns the voting machines.

Even then, tampering is still illegal, so it doesn't make a difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,541 Posts

I find this scary. Shouldn't be allowed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

22. Post #22
    No, the family has, for some time, had a majority ownership of the company that owns the voting machines.

lots of things are illegal.

doesn't stop politicians from doing them though.

23. Post #23
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,166 Posts
    Then afterwards everyone will see how much of a fuck up he is and beg to have Obama back, and hopefully steer clear of republicans.
    considering Bush was literally the worst president ever in terms of economics (enormous surplus to deficit in 2 years, he has the lowest approval rating of any president of all time), then no, they will still like Republicans, because Romney can literally not be worse

24. Post #24
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,541 Posts
    Would you really put it past the republicans to tamper with it? To cheat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Would you really put it past the republicans to tamper with it? To cheat?
    lmao are you implying that democrats don't do it either?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,541 Posts
    lmao are you implying that democrats don't do it either?

Did I say that? Please pin point where in my post that democrats don't do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Vomit Vigilante
    January 2012
    6,146 Posts
    Either Romney, or Obama, they're both gonna fuck up. Neither of them is competent enough to know what they're doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,879 Posts
    Somebody really doesn't want to pay taxes.

29. Post #29
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts

ah tampering with voting machines is illegal? guess there's no need to worry then.

Edited:

Either Romney, or Obama, they're both gonna fuck up. Neither of them is competent enough to know what they're doing.
    "they're both going to fuck up" doesn't excuse the fact that romney is all around reprehensible and terrible in every way possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #30
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Not every way. Many ways, yes. Many many ways, yes. But not every way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    romney is a good ol mormon boye he would never break the law
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    May 2011
    1,914 Posts
    Did I say that? Please pin point where in my post that democrats don't do that.
    It defeats the point of calling out the Republicans if the Democrats would also do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    beep
    January 2006
    7,575 Posts
    Not every way. Many ways, yes. Many many ways, yes. But not every way.
    His social, economic, and Foreign policies are equally terrible to obama. Infact he has no plans at all other than working a miracle to lower taxes and somehow get rid of a deficit.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    442 Posts
    You cant take away someones right to talk about how he feels certain policy's will effect his business.
    Go vote romney an show your support, show him that he is the right person..no...The right HERO we need.

35. Post #35
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,541 Posts
    It defeats the point of calling out the Republicans if the Democrats would also do that.
    Not really no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,166 Posts
    no, because democrats aren't involved in this specific thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,948 Posts
    Dear Bossman,

There are a few things I feel you need to be brought up to speed on. Firstly, I already have a second job lined up and waiting, one that gives better benefits and doesn't treat me like a pack mule. So I fear no repercussions for this little rant. Secondly, I wasn't participating in the election at all. I didn't watch any debates, I wasn't going to nor have I donated to any of the campaigns, hell I wasn't even going to vote. However, since you've urged me to donate to Mitt, I've done some homework. I've come to the conclusion that a vote for Romney is a vote for nuclear armageddon. So, I will donate $100, as a representative of this organization, to Obama's campaign. I will also be voting for him this year. I wasn't going to, but seeing as you're practically begging me to support the side that will ruin this country, I feel I have no choice. I also believe the workplace is no place for politics, of any sort, so I feel this begging was out of line and completely unprofessional.

I hope this clears a couple things up, and I hope it spares some of my potentially ex coworkers from having their inboxes flooded with more political crap they don't care about. You vote for and support who you want to, let us do so to who we want to, and all is fine.

Signed,
    An annoyed (Potentially Ex) Employee.

I'd send something like that to my boss, after of course making sure I had that new job lined up, if I ever got crap like this.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,153 Posts

Hart InterCivic?