1. Post #1
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,922 Posts
    So after spending hours browsing the internet for a fix, and none of them working, i have had to come and ask here.

The issue im getting is while trying to run Arma 2 Combined operations i get the following error "This game is currently unavailable (Application running)

This only happens while running CO, Both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead work fine.

Steps so far:
    Exited steam, restarted computer

Verified integrity of the Arma 2 OA and Arma 2 files.

Run Steam in admin mode

Run both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA in admin mode

Tried steam beta

None of those worked.

the only reason i havent tried reinstalling is because of internet usage.

2. Post #2

October 2012
    2 Posts
    I've got the same problem.. Ive tried everything. I have reinstalled the game, but it didn't work

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    6,228 Posts
    I just got done reinstalling the game and that didn't work either.

4. Post #4

October 2012
    2 Posts
    Try to use six launcher. Then it worked for me.

5. Post #5
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,922 Posts
    it could be a bug with steam at the moment then

6. Post #6
    December 2011
    1,549 Posts
    I have the same problem, just launch Operation Arrowhead for now (as a temporary situation) then wait for Steam to fix I think. They recently performed a shuffle around of all the files to a "more efficient format" which might be the reason for our predicament.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,152 Posts
    If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead there is a file in there named "_runA2CO.cmd", if you run that it will launch combined ops without any issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)