1. Post #3361
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,650 Posts
    What's a baller-ass texture pack to use, that isn't "realistic"? I prefer 16x and 32x, but higher is fine.
    JohnSmith and Isabella
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3362
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,348 Posts
    What's a baller-ass texture pack to use, that isn't "realistic"? I prefer 16x and 32x, but higher is fine.
    Craftee
    Feathersong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3363
    September 2010
    6,582 Posts
    Well I ended up finding something called "PixelPerfect". It's 16x and beautiful as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3364
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,348 Posts
    Well I ended up finding something called "PixelPerfect". It's 16x and beautiful as fuck.
    I usually hate 'simple' texture packs. But I remember seeing this one on reddit that was really nicely done.

Still no download though.

5. Post #3365
    moo
    November 2006
    4,705 Posts
    cowtoon
    isabella
    God no, Cowtoon is literally the worst pack ever made. [sub][sub]I've been working on making it better though.[/sub][/sub]

Jolicraft is nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #3366
    September 2010
    6,582 Posts
    I usually hate 'simple' texture packs. But I remember seeing this one on reddit that was really nicely done.

Still no download though.
    What simple texture pack?
    I'm talking about this.
    It's anything but.

7. Post #3367
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,348 Posts
    What simple texture pack?
    I'm talking about this.
    It's anything but.
    You said 'pixel perfect'. Which is a 'simple' texture pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #3368
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,919 Posts
    You said 'pixel perfect'. Which is a 'simple' texture pack.
    He means "Pixel Perfection"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3369
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,348 Posts
    He means "Pixel Perfection"
    I got that when he posted the link. 'Pixel Perfect' returned different results though. That's the source of the confusion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3370
    September 2010
    6,582 Posts
    I didn't think there would be anything with a similar name. Sorry.

Edited:

Anyone have experience with making the .zip for a custom modpack to use with the Technic launcher?

Edited:

If you have Minecraft Forge, do you still need Modloader and ModloaderMP if the mod says it needs all three?

11. Post #3371
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    367 Posts
    Trying to look for a texture pack, any suggestions? ( I am into the more realistic beautiful ones <3 )

12. Post #3372
    I make Minecraft mods.
    January 2009
    1,517 Posts
    if the mod author says it needs all three, they either don't know what they're talking about, or haven't updated their instructions.

forge handles all of that now. (well, forge and fml, but fml is bundled with the forge download)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #3373
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    367 Posts
    So, I also just installed SEUS, And I am loving it <3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #3374
    October 2010
    10,497 Posts
    SMP Revival and Eldpack

'nuff said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3375
    moo
    November 2006
    4,705 Posts
    SMP Revival and Eldpack

'nuff said
    Is eldpack being updated still? I remember he was working on his own game. In fact I think he was hired by Mojang so he could work on his game full time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #3376
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    2,543 Posts
    Is it just me or does minecraft lack a goal? I usually always stop before I get too far in minecraft, due to not having any goal. Sure you beat the game when you defeat the Ender Dragon, but to me I just don't think it that attractive of a goal.
    I make my own goals
    since I play minecrack ftb theres plenty with gregtech

17. Post #3377
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    20,818 Posts
    Sphax PureBDCraft is good if you like cartoony packs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3378
    $1 Title to make me look important
    October 2005
    1,287 Posts
    So, I also just installed SEUS, And I am loving it <3

*img snip*
    What did you do to get the ice and snow reflective? Is there addon shaders that you can download somewhere?

I got SEUS V10 Rc 6 and the only things that are reflective seems to be water and oddly enough logs too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events

19. Post #3379
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,638 Posts
    Is eldpack being updated still? I remember he was working on his own game. In fact I think he was hired by Mojang so he could work on his game full time.
    I think Eldrone works with notch on 0x10c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3380
    AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
    August 2009
    6,703 Posts
    Is it just me or does minecraft lack a goal? I usually always stop before I get too far in minecraft, due to not having any goal. Sure you beat the game when you defeat the Ender Dragon, but to me I just don't think it that attractive of a goal.
    I like to think you have to set a goal for yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #3381
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    6,529 Posts
    I like to think you have to set a goal for yourself.
    That's entirely the thing about Minecraft. It dumps you into a randomly generated world and says "Aaaaaand go!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #3382
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,600 Posts
    That's the point of games like this; you make your own fun, build yourself a place to call home, explore where you want to explore, make what you want to make, and even imagine the story behind the world you live in.

It's probably easier for kids to make their own fun, since they tend to have more imagination when they have limited stuff; give a kid some action figures and they'll imagine scenarios in which G.I Joe beats the stuffing out of Care Bears and Megatron breaks every bone in Pinkie Pie's body with his heavy metal legs. Another example is how young girls would pretend that their Barbies were having a tea party and talking about how Ken is the most cheatingest bastard in Wisteria Lane.

At least, that's how I imagine kids would interact with their dolls in the modern day, if they actually still played with dolls and action figures; do the kids still do that nowadays? Or are they to busy flinging birds at pigs and watching prime-time telly to play Space Marines with their figures, in which Thundercat Fire Warriors battle against hordes of Chaos Pony Legions with their Pulse Rifles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Artistic x 4Friendly x 3Agree x 2Dumb x 1Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #3383
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    6,529 Posts
    That's the point of games like this; you make your own fun, build yourself a place to call home, explore where you want to explore, make what you want to make, and even imagine the story behind the world you live in.

It's probably easier for kids to make their own fun, since they tend to have more imagination when they have limited stuff; give a kid some action figures and they'll imagine scenarios in which G.I Joe beats the stuffing out of Care Bears and Megatron breaks every bone in Pinkie Pie's body with his heavy metal legs. Another example is how young girls would pretend that their Barbies were having a tea party and talking about how Ken is the most cheatingest bastard in Wisteria Lane.

At least, that's how I imagine kids would interact with their dolls in the modern day, if they actually still played with dolls and action figures; do the kids still do that nowadays? Or are they to busy flinging birds at pigs and watching prime-time telly to play Space Marines with their figures, in which Thundercat Fire Warriors battle against hordes of Chaos Pony Legions with their Pulse Rifles?
    Growing up I used to love playing with LEGO and K'Nex, I'd spend hours tinkering with them making all sorts of crazy things. It gives you nothing more really than a selection of basic pieces that by themselves don't do anything, but can literally do anything you want when properly combined. Same with Minecraft, and probably why I prefer RedPower over Buildcraft in that, yeah, BC gives you one-block quarries, but it's much more fun building and designing your own in RP2, and in the end it's a lot faster and you can even make them move from place to place.

24. Post #3384
    April 2011
    676 Posts
    Just a stab in the dark here, but I don't think changing texture packs while in game on the new snapshot works very well.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #3385
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,600 Posts
    Growing up I used to love playing with LEGO and K'Nex, I'd spend hours tinkering with them making all sorts of crazy things. It gives you nothing more really than a selection of basic pieces that by themselves don't do anything, but can literally do anything you want when properly combined. Same with Minecraft, and probably why I prefer RedPower over Buildcraft in that, yeah, BC gives you one-block quarries, but it's much more fun building and designing your own in RP2, and in the end it's a lot faster and you can even make them move from place to place.
    Oh man I used to LOVE those kids of construction toys; I'd always make something interesting with them, like some kinda spaceship out of K'Nex, or a pyramid out of Lego.

*sigh* Those toys really take me back to that paradise city of childhood nostalgia, where the grass was green and the roads were gritty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #3386
    I make Minecraft mods.
    January 2009
    1,517 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #3387

February 2010
    217 Posts
    Is anyone else experiencing horrible performance drops in the newest snapshot? I can be playing fine for 3 minutes then all of a sudden minecraft is using almost a gig of ram and the F3 menu says it's running at 0FPS.

Specs:
       Windows 7 Home Premium (Version 6.1 Build 7601) Service Pack 1 | CPU: 8 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz @ 2195 MHz 256 kb Cache | MEM: 8169 Mb | GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 2048 MB   

28. Post #3388

September 2011
    4,961 Posts
    Is that all you people ever figure out of BuildCraft? Pipes and quarries? Are you not concerned that there is a magic block that can build structures for you? I mean, this is why it's called BuildCraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #3389
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,925 Posts
    I keep getting an error whenever I start Minecraft. I figured it was something to do with my video card drivers, but I already updated them and I'm still getting this error.

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelForma t(Native Method)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat (WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(Windo wsDisplay.java:185)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java :311)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:38 2)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java: 744)
    2013-01-17 16:01:23 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelForma t(Native Method)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat (WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(Windo wsDisplay.java:185)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java :311)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:39 7)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java: 744)
    2013-01-17 16:01:24 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #3390
    May 2011
    936 Posts
    Woot, making mobs harder. FINALLY zombies group up to attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #3391
    September 2010
    6,582 Posts
    Is Smart Moving compatible with FTB?

32. Post #3392
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,228 Posts
    Is Smart Moving compatible with FTB?
    I think it should be, the only thing that I think would cause issues is PlayerAPI but I used to run it with Forge all the time. The animations should work with the gravisuit, too. Only way to find out is to try it!

Is that all you people ever figure out of BuildCraft? Pipes and quarries? Are you not concerned that there is a magic block that can build structures for you? I mean, this is why it's called BuildCraft.
    I have only once used a Buildcraft quarry. Mostly I use Fillers, actually, to automate the annoying bits of building stuff. Never use Pipes, either, prefer Redpower Tubes (they're just so much better holy shit)

It annoys me that Tubes don't connect to a lot of Buildcraft and Thermal Expansion machines. I have to use a wooden pipe to a chest and then a filter or transposer to get stuff out (can skip the wooden pipe for the Thermal Expansion machines, but still) - and I hate using IC2 stuff as well, I much prefer the Buildcraft/TE equivalents, plus the Bluelectric Engine lets me power Buildcraft things with Bluetricity rather than having to run an EU converter or generator as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #3393
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    6,529 Posts
    That too, though I never really used builders much. Quarries and pipes are the easiest things to target because quarries are a magic block that acquires raw materials for you, while pipes have gained notoriety for being lag-tastic and absolutely garbage due to not having a way of dealing with over-flow by themselves unless you get REALLY creative with it.

34. Post #3394
    May 2010
    3,856 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #3395
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,228 Posts
    I just watched this like two minutes ago. Very good explanation, I love spumwack's stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #3396
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    367 Posts
    What did you do to get the ice and snow reflective? Is there addon shaders that you can download somewhere?

I got SEUS V10 Rc 6 and the only things that are reflective seems to be water and oddly enough logs too
    In Optifine I just put all the settings to max so , I am not sure D:

I think LB RPG PhotoRealism 512x looks nice with SEUS

Only bad side I have to dedicate about 9-10Gb of RAM TO Minecraft ;/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

37. Post #3397
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,081 Posts

-img-
    Boy I wish my snow was like chrome or mirrors!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #3398
    September 2010
    6,582 Posts

Oh jesus it's horrendous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #3399
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,348 Posts
    The only good shaders I've seen are the waving and the water. Give me a mod with just those that is optimised, and I'll use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #3400
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,228 Posts
    "better" grass with a photorealistic pack? Yeah I'll pass

Sure it looks like it stresses the computer but it also looks absolutely fucking terrible and you are literally a worse person for liking it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)