June 2008
    9,697 Posts

[h2]Useful Resources[/h2]

[h2]Releases:[/h2]

Captain Crocket

The Riveteer

[/url]
    [/URL]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 34Dumb x 16Funny x 4Friendly x 3Late x 3Informative x 2Agree x 2Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

September 2009
    3,264 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner x 20Zing x 3Optimistic x 2Informative x 2Useful x 2Late x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    May the new Medic hairstyles rain from the skies like endless hordes of bees!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    We want a proper Emporium with Expansion posts and halloween themed pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Content for new thread I guess, working on a sword;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Transformers: Ponies in Bowties
    December 2011
    254 Posts
    You want junk? Have some junk.

Seriously, this is total junk. As a piece of junk, this is very much one of them.

I should redraw this   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2012
    63 Posts
    Placeholder!

post your junk here
    Needs more sandvich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,060 Posts
    The Emporium is dead
    Long live the Emporium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    569 Posts
    Finally I can reply to this!
    ...nah, Bang's weapon is better suited and I didn't have the time to work on the pumpkin.
    So I'll drop the ball on this and just leave the broom alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #10
    May 2011
    2,885 Posts

D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Winner Winner x 30Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2012
    1,631 Posts
    Finally I can reply to this!
    ...nah, Bang's weapon is better suited and I didn't have the time to work on the pumpkin.
    So I'll drop the ball on this and just leave the broom alone.
    I kinda liked the stiched pumpkin mouth, seemed like a clever idea of how to combine a pumpkin and a baseball. Sad to see it dropped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    1,991 Posts
    I like it.

Sans the clippage.

It kinda looks like little frog ears on the side.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    May 2011
    2,885 Posts
    I like it.

Sans the clippage.

It kinda looks like little frog ears on the side.   
    Its a bug from modding HLMV to load more than one weapon on an item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events

14. Post #14
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,362 Posts
    I need to learn how to model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

15. Post #15
    Leviticus 20:13
    June 2012
    1,231 Posts
    Reposting because I didn't get any responses last emporium:

I've been working on a small demo sound pack, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. I named all of the .wav files to fit that which I found on the wiki (demoman_taunts01 for example), which also corroborated with some other sound packs I use but none of them actually work in game for some reason. In fact, I don't think the file makes any sound in game at all. Anyone know why this might be?

It's not SV_pure's fault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    497 Posts
    REAL SNIPA posted:
    Back from the dead, or wait what?

Nzdjh posted:
    The way which the skin is bursting out suggests that it should be colored red instead of skin-colored (unless heavy's skin is somehow inside out). The skin bits that we're seeing should've been on the inside of heavy's chest judging from the way in which it's bursting from his chest, so it doesn't make sense to have it colored like skin.
    Agreed, I should probably make it a fleshier color, I probably over calculated the color (I thought it was being affected by the uber light trail )

The red on the inside is actually his shirt:

I spent some time mocking how it should look up in photoshop based on an image you previously posted:

The overall thickness of the edges should be thinner and positioned closer to the Heavy's model rather than sticking out into the air.
    The edges should be in three layers; the vest, the shirt and finally his flesh.
    The heart should be popping out more towards the middle of the Heavy's model, though I assume this can't be changed due to his bandoleer.

Given that it's bursting out rather than being cut open as it is in Meet the Medic, you should probably ignore my smooth skin rip, and make it jagged like the other layers.

The major downside of doing it correctly however is it leaves you less room for noticeable blood. Though on the other hand, the blue version of the skin with contrast with the blood very well and possibly look awesome.

Edit: If you want to keep it looking how it does now (which looks cool and gory), another option would be to remove the jagged edges on the outside area of the model, blend the edges into his chest, then add some spikes from his vest sticking inward and over the current model, to imply his vest is torn, and is revealing the previous model below.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2012
    195 Posts
    Thanks Golden, I'll try it out. Also:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,560 Posts
    Thanks Golden, I'll try it out. Also:
    is style 3 going to be it ubered?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,879 Posts
    I don't understand why his ribs are bent that way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    May 2011
    2,885 Posts
    another update. I need your opinion. Should i keep the hood under the heavy's collar or should i remodel it outside the collar?

Significant clipping on the left collar there as you can see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events

21. Post #21
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,069 Posts
    was the heart, like, pulled out of his body by magneto?

I don't see why it's bursting out like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

22. Post #22
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,560 Posts
    another update. I need your opinion. Should i keep the hood under the heavy's collar or should i remodel it outside the collar?
    outside
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,228 Posts
    What happened to the old emporium?

And why can't we simply wait to have the responsible guys set up a proper thread? :I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2012
    195 Posts
    is style 3 going to be it ubered?
    I was thinking about it... what do you guys think? (agree for ubered 3rd style)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,879 Posts
    What happened to the old emporium?

And why can't we simply wait to have the responsible guys set up a proper thread? :I
    post cap

I don't like everything always being the same anyway, long live Sparkwire's emporium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

26. Post #26
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    I was thinking about it... what do you guys think? (agree for ubered 3rd style)
    visually confusing for the player, don't add Uber to things that are not invulnerable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2010
    2,042 Posts
    After 48 Emporiums I'm finally on Page 1! Wooh! Oh boy, new emporium new fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,697 Posts
    post cap

I don't like everything always being the same anyway, long live Sparkwire's emporium
    its the peoples emporium in disguise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,508 Posts
    visually confusing for the player, don't add Uber to things that are not invulnerable.
    While I agree with the precedent about not mixing gameplay-mechanics into cosmetics even visually, the thing is a bit small for a player to confuse the Heavy wearing it for being Ubercharged unless they're just daft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    ill give you 2 earbills 4 title
    June 2011
    861 Posts
    Oh man, new emporium, my body is ready for all the amazing models, i can see them already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Romania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,697 Posts
    Oh man, new emporium, my body is ready for all the amazing models, i can see them already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 35Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    ill give you 2 earbills 4 title
    June 2011
    861 Posts
    That is what i am talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Romania Show Events

33. Post #33
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,560 Posts
    I was thinking how ridiculous that was then I remembered he already has a hat very similar to t

34. Post #34
    October 2010
    2,042 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    Can someone provide a dl link to the homemade honors medal? The old link is broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

36. Post #36
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,063 Posts
    Reminds me of that one topic where that one guy claimed he had connections with robin, and he wanted every modeler here to make something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    When're we expecting a release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #38
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,697 Posts
    When're we expecting a release?
    today

Edited:

also it will will be jiggled

Edited:

and animated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    today

Edited:

also it will will be jiggled

Edited:

and animated
    What about facial flexes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,697 Posts
    we will have an option that gives it a face that flexes with snipers, yes. that version will come later though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)