1. Post #1
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,621 Posts
    PRAGUE, Okla.– There’s a bit of diploma drama going on between a local high school and that school’s valedictorian.
    David Nootbaar is furious his daughter’s school is keeping her diploma.
    He says, “She has worked so hard to stay at the top of her class and this is not right.”
    Kaitlin Nootbaar graduated from Prague High School in May and was named valedictorian.
    When tasked with writing the graduation speech, her dad says she got her inspiration from the movie “Eclipse: The Twilight Saga.”
    Nootbaar says, “Her quote was, when she first started school she wanted to be a nurse, then a veterinarian and now that she was getting closer to graduation people would ask her what do you want to do and she said ‘How the h*** do I know? I’ve changed my mind so many times.”
    He says in the written script she gave to the school she said “heck,” but in the moment she said h*** instead.
    Nootbaar says the audience laughed, she finished her speech to warm applause and didn’t know there was a problem.
    That was until she went to pick up the real certificate this week.
    “We went to the office and asked for the diploma and the principal said ‘Your diploma is right here but you’re not getting it. Close the door we have a problem,” says Nootbaar.
    He says the principal told Kaitlin she would have to write an apology letter before he would release the diploma.
    A move dad believes is illegal.
    “She earned that diploma she completed all the state curriculum. In four years she has never made a B. She got straight A’s and had a 4.0 the whole way through.”
    Kaitlin starts college in a few days on a full scholarship, making the administrators’ decision even more appalling to her family.
    We tried to get the school’s side of the story.
    Superintendent Dr. Riick Martin gave us this statement: “This matter is confidential and we can not publicly say anything about it .”
    Kaitlin doesn’t plan on writing an apology letter because she doesn’t feel she did anything wrong.
    Her family supports that choice.
    http://kfor.com/2012/08/18/46913/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 118Friendly Friendly x 13Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
    You're fucking shitting me?

Really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 133 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,001 Posts
    Oh my god, think of the children affected by that naughty word.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 106Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2011
    1,367 Posts
    Hell is still considered a Bad word?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Montenegro Show Events Funny Funny x 27Agree Agree x 13 (list)

5. Post #5
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
    Ive heard middle school teachers say hell, for fucks sake, this is a high school graduation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 104 (list)

6. Post #6
    I got this title just to give Postal a dollar
    September 2011
    462 Posts
    Oh come on, my class valedictorian wore steampunk goggles, made a shit ton of sex jokes, and referenced Kanye at least 3 times in his speech. Let her keep her damn diploma
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 105Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,000 Posts
    in elementary school yes
    (man, i remember when 'crap' was a bad word too)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Funny Funny x 13 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    797 Posts
    When tasked with writing the graduation speech, her dad says she got her inspiration from the movie “Eclipse: The Twilight Saga.”
    I think we all know what the real problem is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 69Funny Funny x 25Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,269 Posts
    You're fucking shitting me?

Really?
    fuck you said shitting, you get your diploma revoked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 27Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Haunted by a dark and stupid past
    December 2009
    3,244 Posts
    Why are principals and school administrators fucking horrible half the time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2011
    1,682 Posts
    I didn't even know the word "hell" was offensive before
    seriously, it's just as "offensive" as saying crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    Denying a high school diploma to someone, something that is pretty much essential for getting 99% of jobs, just because they said hell? What the hell is this school thinking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 60Zing Zing x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2011
    1,543 Posts
    I don't understand how any word can be considered bad. It's just a fucking word. It's meaning only exists depending on who you talk to. There is no such thing as a word that is evil and deserves to be censored till the end of time because its a "bad" word. Words change meaning a lot, and the idea of taboo words is stupid in my opinion. A good example is the word bastard. It didn't used to be a bad word, all it meant was that the child (the bastard) was born while his parents were not married.

But then I remembered, Christians/soccermoms. (NOTE: I am not saying ALL CHRISTIANS/SOCCERMOMS are the people who are uberly offended by stupid words, etc etc. It was a small joke (that holds some truth.))   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    5,147 Posts
    My class valedictorian made fun of the fact that our school is too poor to afford Physics textbooks in the first two sentences of his speech, and he was able to get his diploma.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 39Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2011
    1,747 Posts
    holy fuck, god forbid someone who is 18 years old (i.e. a fucking adult) uses a word that was considered "naughty" when they were a toddler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2007
    240 Posts
    This is when you sue the school board and get what you want through your lawyer, plus a little cash money to help with that college fund.

Really it's a blessing in disguise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 31Winner x 5Agree x 2Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,077 Posts
    My french teacher told our class how to swear at people in french.
    And used the french word for shit all the time.
    We got away with it because the Administration didn't speak french
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 52Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    This is when you sue the school board and get what you want through your lawyer, plus a little cash money to help with that college fund.

Really it's a blessing in disguise.
    I like your way of thinking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    And then there were lawsuits.
    I know I would.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,785 Posts
    The valedictorians at my graduation openly made fun of the school, in front of all the staff and parents and kids. They even threw in a "hell" and "bastard" here and there. Everyone found it funny.

Hell, my German teacher taught us how to swear in German and jokingly insulted us sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts

That guy looks legit evil (video in the ops link).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 71Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #22
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,480 Posts
    This is like some dark age medieval shit going on here, and you can fuck off Rick Martin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2012
    480 Posts
    Considering this is Oklahoma? I'm not really surprised. They're always doing something stupid here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    At least I don't have alzheimer's.
    January 2011
    2,297 Posts
    I can see the problem if she handed in her speech and went completely off-topic, but for just one "curse" i(if you can call it that), this is ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    wow she totally crossed the line there

I can't help but cringe when I think of all the poor highschoolers in the audience that have never been exposed to language as harsh as h-e-double-hockey-sticks, they're going to be scarred for the rest of their lives for sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    5,602 Posts

he looks like a legit psychopath, such a fake smile and dont get me started about his stare. i bet he felt real good inside when he turned down the girls diploma. i hope her father will sue the shit out of the school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 21Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    915 Posts
    When I first started school I wanted to be a prostitute, then a whore and now that I'm getting closer to graduation people ask me about what I want to do and I say ‘How the fuck would I know? I’ve sucked many miles of cock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative x 20Optimistic x 4Funny x 4Useful x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Welp, looks like it's time to sue them! They have no rights to do this to the poor girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    he looks like a legit psychopath, such a fake smile and dont get me started about his stare. i bet he felt real good inside when he turned down the girls diploma. i hope her father will sue the shit out of the school.

He will devour all the sinners souls, one by one, no matter how long it takes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 40Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,118 Posts
    Why would you punish that?

Hell, I'm in university now and hearing lecturers swear is a pretty normal thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,943 Posts

what a nutsack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,720 Posts
    It's like the lowest tier of bad words. Just barely above "substitutes" for more significant bad words like "darn" or "crud".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2012
    170 Posts
    How is hell still a bad word, not even in middleschool it's considered one. I remember back in grade 8 we made our teach yell out "fuck" about 3 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    How is hell still a bad word, not even in middleschool it's considered one. I remember back in grade 8 we made our teach yell out "fuck" about 3 times.
    What confuses me further that in my high school at least pretty much every kid there say pretty much every profanity available, and the teachers only really act if they talk loudly.

But "hell" isn't even close to a profanity worth refusal to give a diploma.
    I might understand if she said like something racist, but she didn't.
    And am sure some of my teachers have said hell before.

I mean hell goes in the like Z list profanities like crap or darn or dang. Its silly really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,080 Posts
    Are they seriously making all this fuss and even censoring the word hell?

I wasn't even aware it was offensive or anything, I mean come on people say it all the bloody time!

36. Post #36
    October 2009
    2,177 Posts
    I don't see what the big deal is. The use of the word "hell" obviously proves her four years of high school did absolutely nothing and she should be thankful they just held it instead of shredding it. All the passed exams and stacks of homework in the world does not excuse such savage behavior. Her father should be ashamed and she should live in shame with nothing to show for her time spent in school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts
    hell's in the bible, so it's ok right

38. Post #38
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts
    deploma, heh heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,936 Posts
    It's even more retarded when you realize it takes over 12 years to get a high school diploma.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2009
    502 Posts
    in elementary school yes
    (man, i remember when 'crap' was a bad word too)
    We read The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-time when we were 10 as a book study. This school is just pathetic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)