With thumbnail like this, I wonder what the EP3 thumbnail will look like!
Well, I was looking around in the .vpk for SFM, and I found a -dx10 version for almost every tool texture for hammer.
You can find it in root/materials/tools
the funny thing is guys we found all of this in the SFM thread about a month ago
What about this one? :V
My opinion, is fake, though it seems legit. Let's wait for Valve's response.
EDIT: Re-reading my post makes me feel dumb
Didn't Sony send out Codename Orbis devkits already? You'd think they'd include that in the fake image before the Durango, since Valve has worked more closely with Sony recently than Microsoft.
Okay, so here's what we know so far:
- Source 2 definitely exists
- Source 2 will use "gameinfo.gi" in place of "gameinfo.txt" -- A revamped KeyValues script perhaps?
- Source 2 will take advantage of 64-bit (below is from python\global\lib\site-packages\vproj\vprojUI.py, line 1539+)
- Source 2 may be rehauling its content pipeline, including renaming its models to .vmdl (below is from python\global\lib\site-packages\filesystem\valve.py, line 138+)Code:# Disable 64-bit for 32-bit projects if ( self.engine in ENGINE.SOURCE_FAMILY ) or ( self.engine == ENGINE.HYBRID ): self.run32bitCheckBox.setChecked( True ) self.run32bitCheckBox.setDisabled( True ) else: self.run32bitCheckBox.setDisabled( False )
- Apparently there's an e-mail called email@example.com and a private wiki on intranet.valvesoftware.comCode:''' A "Valve Path" is one that is relative to a mod - in either the game or content tree. Ie: if you have a project with the content dir: d:/content and the game dir: d:/game a "Valve Path" looks like this: models/awesomeProps/coolThing.vmdl To resolve this path one must look under each mod the current project inherits from. So a project "test" which inherits from "another" would result in the following searches: d:/content/test/models/awesomeProps/coolThing.vmdl d:/content/another/models/awesomeProps/coolThing.vmdl Similarly for the game tree. If the path cannot be resolved to a real file, None is returned. '''
- Source 2's SDK tools may be built completely with Python and Qt
EDIT: I made a crappy response vlog entry regarding my thoughts on this development: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_a4YXgerUU
EDIT 2: I'd always be up for searching for more hints or sharing some of my opinions more validly, so let me know. :D
EDIT 3: As Seen on Podcast17 #200!
The star is silent, but prominent...
And there are references to mods! SDK please Valve....
;0Code://dota/staging/content/dota/models/heroes/morphling/maya/scenes/footSplashMayaSource.mb#1 - add change 1121699 (binary) //dota/staging/content/dota/models/heroes/morphling/maya/scenes/footSplashMayaSource2.mb#1 - add change 1121699 (binary) //dota/staging/content/dota/models/heroes/morphling/maya/scenes/footSplashMayaSource3_thru.mb#1 - add change 1121699 (binary)
see how desperate we get?
Notepad will explode on 17MB files.
My question is that if they are making this, why didn't they just wait and make CS:GO a source2 game?
I'd wager a lot of the more advanced features we've been getting in recent source games - cloth physics, global dynamic lighting, etc - were either developed simultaneously on both branches, or were backported to source 1 for the game in question.
I find it highly likely that the launch title for source2 will be hl3 or ep3. After that we'll start seeing more games on it.
In addition to Steam, there is Source, our own state-of-the-art game engine. Its sophisticated character animation, advanced AI, real-world physics, shader-based rendering, and super extensibility have helped us create some of the most popular and good-looking games on the market for computer and consoles. We donít like to brag, but Source is considered the most flexible, comprehensive, and powerful game development environment out there. And itís about to get even better.
This page was updated within the last year, I can't pinpoint exactly when though...
it's too late for an ep3, it will probably be hl3
Something not related to "Source 2" (lol maya source files...)
egon and guass gun? Return of the Hl1 energy weapons maybe.
flechette gun, Is probably the hunter's weapon.