1. Post #1
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts

Please do not re-upload this..

SProps has finally arrived on the workshop! Don't forget to rate!
    Click here to go to the workshop page

This project has and continues to take up a considerable amount of my time and effort. If you appreciate what I have done for the community, please consider donating!

SProps is a comprehensive model pack designed to supercede PHX by improving upon it and eliminating its faults. For builders, this means a much wider selection of shapes and sizes presented in an organized format.

Features:
    Over 3200 unique models
    More size variety than PHX
    Many shapes that PHX lacks all-together, such as cylinders, domes, and rings
    Organized. PHX is a mess because it had many contributors. SProps was made by me, so everything is consistent.
    Complex shapes have LOD models to help with FPS on high-prop contraptions.
    Accurate dimensions with model names representing them. In SProps, 12 is 12.

If you build something nice, send me an image of it! I love to see my work being used.

Created by shadowscion aka unrezt -- if you find another upload, please report it.

If you switch from the svn/git version of sprops to this version, delete the sprops spawnlists from settings/spawnlist, and delete the sprops spawnicons folder from materials/spawnicons/models

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you need to report a bug, or want to suggest something, let me know!

Click here for FAQ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 59Useful x 9Lua King x 5Lua Helper x 2Artistic x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    600 Posts
    Nice for accenting Builds :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    I don't understand why it's called SProps. Are they scripted in some way?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    I don't understand why it's called SProps. Are they scripted in some way?
    No, its just because my username is Shadowscion, and I couldn't think of a less intrusive way of putting my "name" on it without actually doing it, so I just put the first letter. :s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative x 10Funny x 2Optimistic x 1Useful x 1Agree x 1Zing x 1Artistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2010
    2,611 Posts
    Lovely, absolutely installing this on my server so I don't have to make do with the ridiculously scaled PHX props (and their inconsistencies), thanks for the great addon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2009
    13 Posts
    I think I love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 10Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    You've got my download good sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    pointblankrp
    October 2011
    882 Posts
    I'm going to put this on my server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    780 Posts
    Coooool, adding to my servers now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Fucking thing quoted instead of editing.

I will be adding many new prop sets today. I have completed the flat plates, but haven't uploaded them yet
    as I think its a better idea to make fewer but larger updates rather than continue updating bit by bit.

I would also like to thank everyone for their support. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    Wait you are doing more? Neat.

12. Post #12
    September 2009
    451 Posts
    Implement! Implement! Garry! Implement it NOUW!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    954 Posts
    This really isn't meant to replace phx
    Yes... yes it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Pretty big update uploaded. If you are updating, you will want to delete
    the main dir settings/spawnlists/sprops_*.txt files, and also the sprops spawnicons folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Are these any better/worse with fps than PHX?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    I couldn't think of a decent way to test that. I stacked 600 plates from phx and compared it to 600 plates from sprops, standing
    1000 units away the results were identical(keep in mind my computer is utter shit). I am guessing for plates/blocks this will always be the case, but all of the
    cylinders and other weird shapes in this pack have LODs, and I am going to assume(not sure though) the majority
    of phx doesn't, so that should help a bit if you are concerned about fps.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2010
    2,611 Posts
    Implement! Implement! Garry! Implement it NOUW!
    That's way too early for something being updated so often in these early stages.
    Also great new progress Shadowscion, can't wait till this becomes wide spread in use!

18. Post #18
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Doesn't seem to align with the Smartsnap grid. Shame, that would make it so much more useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    You realize you can change the smart-snap settings to align with any prop ever created, right?

Anyway, change maximum to 12 and minimum to 6 to get it to line up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2011
    7 Posts
    Nice man, adding to my server nowww C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    Your awesome man it has just about everything you could ever need!

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    These are some very large images containing a list of every model in the pack.
    Please note that they do not appear here in the same order as the in actual spawnlists.

List of Blocks
    List of Plates
    List of Triangles
    List of Geometric Shapes
    List of Cylinders and Tubes
    List of Transportation Props
    List of Misc. Props
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    Do you plan on making Wheels, stylish wheels, or tires similar to the ones everybody knows has the best collision?

24. Post #24
    July 2010
    2,611 Posts
    Do you plan on making Wheels, stylish wheels, or tires similar to the ones everybody knows has the best collision?
    Collision model doesn't matter much now-a-days, you should be using MakeSpherical or Lua Wheels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Maybe. I am more focused on construction props at the moment.
    Wheel collision doesn't matter anymore though, thanks to the make-spherical tool.

Fawk, ninjad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    Well do you plan on including the models for the offroad wheel pack?

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Well do you plan on including the models for the offroad wheel pack?
    Doubtful, I am not happy with how those turned out, not my best work. I may make some new ones, but its not a priority at the moment.
    I still have to add more rings, discs, and tubes. Tonight I will be uploading an update to the blocks with all the new dimensions I added to the tri/plates recently.
    Unfortunately in order to keep things neat, I will have to move things around, which means anything you have built with the blocks might have to be rebuilt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    mhm, expected. I'm really having fun with these at the moments. Might i suggest that the plates and cubes that are only 1 tile wide also be given dimensions longer than just 42 units?

And btw, thanks for all of this, i've been waiting a long time for a proper phx replacement. If you'd like any modeling help, i'm an avid user of 3ds max! I'd love to contribute to your project if you're looking for more hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Yeah I am working on that, the problem is how many props is too many.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    With the right organization, theres no such thing as too many! xD

tbh it'd be cool if there was a toolgun where you just inputted the dimensions, or maybe drew the prop you wanted, and it'd pop it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    With the right organization, theres no such thing as too many! xD

tbh it'd be cool if there was a toolgun where you just inputted the dimensions, or maybe drew the prop you wanted, and it'd pop it out.
    Apparently that will be possible in gmod 13(if the physicsInitMesh gets into working order), the problem with that is you can't scale the uv mapping, so tiled props will look like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    I added spheres, domes, more cylinder lengths, and also reworked triangle dimensions in the same fashion as the plates. Obviously they aren't all shown in this pic, scroll up for full list.

33. Post #33
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    When are they gonna be added? Awesome stuff man.

34. Post #34
    August 2012
    316 Posts
    Sir, I have to congratulate you. I have yet to use these SProps, but from the looks of them they are astounding. I can't wait till I start using them and start making contraptions out of these. Possibilities where ever growing in size and shape for us builders. Now there is no end to what we can condure from these marvilous Props. I give you 4 thumbs up out of 2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts
    those pointy cones are perfect for making planes. before you had to use the heacrab pod with weird phx.
    this is perfect!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    I don't know if this is something you can look into, but i noticed smart snap having some weird issues with a couple of props. Here are the exact same two props at different orientation the one on the left has broken smart snap all around, save for the edges, but the one on the right has more proper snapping points, atleast on one axis...

37. Post #37
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    If you adjust the settings on smart snap it will fit, I had to do it too.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    If you adjust the settings on smart snap it will fit, I had to do it too.
    Thats my point, really, i was having a hard time getting these to align all the way from 12 to .666

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    Out of my hands really, its a fault with smartsnap if anything, not sure the specific settings needed to line up with those props.
    It seems to happen on all of the props with 6, 18, 30,42 length, can't really compare to phx considering phx doesn't
    even have those sizes. At any rate, its not really that big of a deal, smartsnap has been pretty useless since PA came out.

Also, tubes, flat discs, 12-144 size discs/rings. Running out of ideas, anyone have any requests?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #40

January 2012
    2 Posts
    I gotta say, I've been looking for something like this for quite some time, this certainly helps with making to scale recreations of existing vehicles, mad props to you, and I am looking forward to more models. :D

Oh yes, I've also began to use this on my server, the IP and name is:
    173.93.190.184:27015 - Return Fire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)