1. Post #1
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    6,141 Posts
    Watch the original here first.

Staying classy Viacom.

UPDATE:

Since they made the video private, here is a reupload:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34 (list)

2. Post #2
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,121 Posts
    Fuck you viacom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,311 Posts
    Kiss our collective asses Viacom. I've disliked you every since you stuck your dick in youtube and starting pulling videos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

4. Post #4
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,265 Posts
    It's kinda funny to see the juggernaut that is Viacom, using childish youtube pop ups to ridicule the other side.

You would think they would try to be more professional and release a similar statement.

Edited:

Or just sue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,324 Posts
    real mature viacom also disable likes and comments
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    446 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    I hate Viacom so much. They pulled loads of their stuff from Netflix (even pulling everything at one point), they delete everything on youtube that has a tiny bit of their material, they own pretty much everything in media, and they are huge assholes with everything else.

Fuck off Viacom. I want to switch to DirecTV just as spite against Viacom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

8. Post #8
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts
    And I thought the YouTube vs. Viacom incident in 2008 where they'd let Viacom see people's viewing histories was bad.

9. Post #9
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,090 Posts
    Is there really anything DirectTV can do?

When you look at it, Viacom owns all of the most watched channels on TV.

Fuck, Viacom owns so much shit.

Then the company that own Viacom also owns CBS Corporation and its a fucking movie theater company that owns both of them.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,269 Posts
    What the hell are they hoping to accomplish with this? Are they trying to look like assholes?

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,669 Posts
    What the hell are they hoping to accomplish with this? Are they trying to look like assholes?
    Well, it isn't like they'll get in trouble for it. They're the school bully of the entertainment business.

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    4,415 Posts
    That man's eyebrows are enormous.

Edited:

oh yeah obligatory 'fuck viacom' too

but

those eyberows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2012
    491 Posts
    I remember when those assholes stole a bloke's song and sued him when they unlawfully used it in a shoe commercial even though he copyrighted it.

Same activities apply to UMG and such when they crackdown on songs they don't even have rights to.
    Well, it isn't like they'll get in trouble for it. They're the school bully of the entertainment business.
    UMG's the small nerdy kid who takes your money in a trade and runs off without giving you the baseball card.

14. Post #14
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts
    I remember when those assholes stole a bloke's song and sued him when they unlawfully used it in a shoe commercial even though he copyrighted it.
    Copyright is an automatic right, for the record.

15. Post #15
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,452 Posts
    Oh god, I went to the site they showed, that shit's ridiculous.
    http://whendirectvdrops.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,821 Posts
    Viacom is full of Via-cunts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Oh god, I went to the site they showed, that shit's ridiculous.
    http://whendirectvdrops.com/
    What the fuck? Immediately when I went on there I was confused. It's such a clusterfuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2010
    5,179 Posts
    I'll have to side with DirectTV on this one. I won't miss much from Viacom anyway. Most of their channels were shit and had a few shows that I liked.

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    2,821 Posts
    What the fuck? Immediately when I went on there I was confused. It's such a clusterfuck.
    So wait, Viacom pulled their channels from DirectTV and is blaming it on them?

Dick move, Viacum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,362 Posts
    Sounds like Viacom to me.

21. Post #21
    March 2010
    5,179 Posts
    So wait, Viacum pulled their channels from DirectTV and is blaming it on them?
    Basically they basically became more greedy and DirectTV rejected it. Viacom requested a 30% royalty increase.

22. Post #22
    January 2012
    2,821 Posts
    Basically they basically became more greedy and DirectTV rejected it. They requested a 30% royalty increase.
    I swear, Viacom is one of the biggest companies in the media industry. They have billions of dollars and yet they become hungrier for money by the minute.

Oh well, I never liked most of their crappy shows (except Spongebob but before 2004).

23. Post #23
    I hate Viacom so much. They pulled loads of their stuff from Netflix (even pulling everything at one point), they delete everything on youtube that has a tiny bit of their material, they own pretty much everything in media, and they are huge assholes with everything else.

Fuck off Viacom. I want to switch to DirecTV just as spite against Viacom.
    I understand Youtube because... they own the copyright of the content, atleast most of what they took down. By law they have that control. But stuff like directTV or for Netflix when they already had an agreement is what bothers me. "You guys are doing good, we'd like more money." From what I gather.

Edited:

Also... Deeeeeerrr gaaaahhhddd

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,644 Posts

What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I want to switch to DirecTV just as spite against Viacom.
    I want to switch so I can watch Breaking Bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts
    I understand Youtube because... they own the copyright of the content, atleast most of what they took down.
    Thing is, if you're using it in a YouTube Poop or doing something MST3K style, then it'd be fair use as you'd be making a parody in the case of a YTP, and commentary in the case of something MST3K style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    13,768 Posts
    direct tv is doing good by standing up to viacom

to bad their tv service sucks shit. Every time it rained when i had it it cut out. and this is florida.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts

to bad their tv service sucks shit. Every time it rained when i had it it cut out. and this is florida.
    That's satellite TV for you. Unless you're in some rural town in the middle of nowhere, there is no reason you should be on satellite.

29. Post #29
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,387 Posts

Edited:

Well I won't be missing that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2010
    5,179 Posts

I think you could request for it to be attached to cable as well. At least, we have it here.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,803 Posts
    The video is private for me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

32. Post #32
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts
    Hey, at least YouTube has static to go along with it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,351 Posts
    This hurts Viacom too so if it means I don't have to pay more per month, I'm willing to let DirecTV do whatever this thing is and wait it out.

34. Post #34
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,090 Posts
    This hurts Viacom too so if it means I don't have to pay more per month, I'm willing to let DirecTV do whatever this thing is and wait it out.
    It hurts DirectTV way more.

Those channels are pretty much the main channels the majority watches.

Viacom doesnt need DirectTV since DirectTV doesnt exclusively air those channels and no one else does.

Viacom pretty much has DirectTV by the balls and they know this and are huge cunts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,426 Posts
    I also hate the fact that when this happens or might happen with cable companies that they just have to include a SpongeBob SquarePants clip. The show fell into shit within the last 5 years.

36. Post #36
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    6,141 Posts
    They pulled the link to it on their twitter feed too. Looks like DirecTV wasn't happy about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,384 Posts
    I also hate the fact that when this happens or might happen with cable companies that they just have to include a SpongeBob SquarePants clip. The show fell into shit within the last 5 years.
    Well, it is one of Nick's most popular shows.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Fucking assholes pulled comedy central and a bunch of other channels I watch on DirectTV because they want customers to pay 30% more for their channels. Fuck off assholes you're already making a lot of money owning a bunch of other shit.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,278 Posts
    Oh my god Viacom is a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,415 Posts
    I just want comedy central back, since that's the only channel that i watch.