Smite facepunch-group on steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FPSMITE

Smite

Developer: Hi-Rez
    Genre: MOBA, ARTS
    Platforms: Windows
    Modes: 5v5
    Release date: Unknown (When it's done)

Smite is the next game to be released by Hi-Rez Studios. (Previous games include Global Agenda and Tribes series.)
    It is currently in half-closed beta. More and more people are getting access to it.

This is how it works:

There are currently 17 different gods from 5 different "religions".

Check out more info about the characters abilities here (or on youtube): http://www.smitewiki.com/Smite_Wiki

Everyone gets five free gods when they get the game. Then as you play the game, level. Each level gives you 1000 favor (Plus 20 to 100 favor for each match). A god costs 5500 favor.
    That said, if you're not gonna spend any money on the game, you should really be sure of which hero you want to buy. Getting more than two heroes as a freebie, will take a lot of time.

If you're buying, it's 200gems for a god. You can choose to buy 400/800/2000/5000 gems. 40 Euro for 5000 gems and 20 Euro for 2000 gems. Don't remember the others.

Link to game!
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

Photos:

Edit:
    Should also mention that you start with Ymir, Artemis, Ra, Kali and Sun Wukong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 19Dumb Dumb x 15Informative Informative x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    I like to get my fingers wet!
    September 2007
    823 Posts
    Would love a key for this, looks fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Seems like an interesting midpoint between LoL/DOTA's MMO style and SMNC's TPS style.

that's a lot of acronyms   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    804 Posts
    Same, I've been wanting to try out this game for some time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I like how the "base" (minotaur I guess) actually defends itself and is a fight. That's an interesting wrinkle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    138 Posts
    TotalBiscuit just put out a "WTF is" about smite. :D

Also, I have access to the beta, so ask me questions if you're curious about something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Although I don't like the prospect of buying gods, it looks cool, I saw a trailer for this a while ago. Might give it a go when I have the chance.

8. Post #8
    September 2007
    1,332 Posts
    I've got a key to give away.

I will give it to a person who will share with others (facepunch key chain).
    You get 3 keys for giving away when you activate your account now.

I really like the game, as an old LoL player, I like the fresh air that this game brings, third person view is interesting in MOBA also action gameplay ... it's pretty neat, no more click the hell out of your mouse.

So, if you are interested in bringing more FP players to the game, tell me here, and I will give it to a person who is "trust worthy" letting this key :)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    393 Posts
    M1B373203ABDDB4926BE0DC39
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2009
    9,670 Posts
    How does a ranged tank work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,875 Posts
    M1B373203ABDDB4926BE0DC39
    Thanks ! Got it !

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    I could go for a key too, if anyone wants to send a PM over yonder.

I watched TotalBiscuits video, and while I like the looks of it, it's easy to see which games it's gained inspiration from.

With that said, I'm not liking some of the things that are LoL inspired. Namely the recall teleport, and the simplified item shop. I understand that having as many items with active uses as Dota 2 does (45) would be stupidly complicated with a third person moba, a more detailed shop and item system would've been nice. The leveling of all items thing is new and interesting, so I like it.

And TB pointed out that there are obviously imbalances at this point of the game, and I watched another youtuber, Dontain (does Guild Wars 2 stuff mostly), play as Odin, and for a melee tank he seem to do fuck all to the enemies he went against. Seemed very weak.

Edited:

I've got a key to give away.

I will give it to a person who will share with others (facepunch key chain).
    You get 3 keys for giving away when you activate your account now.

I really like the game, as an old LoL player, I like the fresh air that this game brings, third person view is interesting in MOBA also action gameplay ... it's pretty neat, no more click the hell out of your mouse.

So, if you are interested in bringing more FP players to the game, tell me here, and I will give it to a person who is "trust worthy" letting this key :)
    Hey I'll do it. I've always given away extra keys to Facepunchers.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,594 Posts
    i want to play the giant baby.

edit:

i'd like to try this, really curious about it. seems like a very interesting twist on the genre.

14. Post #14
    September 2007
    1,332 Posts
    I could go for a key too, if anyone wants to send a PM over yonder.

I watched TotalBiscuits video, and while I like the looks of it, it's easy to see which games it's gained inspiration from.

With that said, I'm not liking some of the things that are LoL inspired. Namely the recall teleport, and the simplified item shop. I understand that having as many items with active uses as Dota 2 does (45) would be stupidly complicated with a third person moba, a more detailed shop and item system would've been nice. The leveling of all items thing is new and interesting, so I like it.

And TB pointed out that there are obviously imbalances at this point of the game, and I watched another youtuber, Dontain (does Guild Wars 2 stuff mostly), play as Odin, and for a melee tank he seem to do fuck all to the enemies he went against. Seemed very weak.

Edited:

Hey I'll do it. I've always given away extra keys to Facepunchers.

I've sent you a key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    138 Posts
    How does a ranged tank work?
    They don't do too much damage, but are experts at surviving and harassing. Ranged attacks keeps him a safe distance from being ganked.

Also, That Ninja, since TB played Smite, the game has been updated. It's much more balanced now. Still needs adjustments though.

16. Post #16
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    Ranged tank still doesn't make any sense. Doesn't want to be kept at a safe distance because the goal of a tank is to tank damage for his teammates.

Still, looks like an interesting game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    I like to get my fingers wet!
    September 2007
    823 Posts
    PLEASE can someone give a key? I'll put the extras back into the thread :)

18. Post #18
    September 2007
    1,332 Posts
    The thing with Hades, the ranged tank, is ...he is pretty annoying and "hard to kill" (tank's job, huh?) even though his tankiness is the worst of all tanks.
    He got short range teleport, ulti that sucks people in while doing some damage, some slows and a fear.
    He is an annoyance that can still be annoying even on range, while other tanks have to get close...

Tank's job is... to be annoying and hard to kill, right? He does it good, but, still it's outclassed by others. Ymir does it better in my humble opinion.

19. Post #19
    March 2008
    600 Posts
    This looks exactly like Savage 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    1,029 Posts
    could use a key, I'd be glad to share with others

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    I've sent you a key.
    Well I activated it. How long does it take to get the extra keys?

22. Post #22
    March 2008
    378 Posts
    So much paranoia with the third person front view camera.

23. Post #23
    September 2007
    1,332 Posts
    Well I activated it. How long does it take to get the extra keys?
    Go into "My Account", then check the "Games" tab and try to find "My keys" under smite account/info.

The direct link to it is...

https://account.hirezstudios.com/account/my-keys.aspx

Dunno if it works, I suck at web coding so I don't know what .aspx is ;s

24. Post #24
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,080 Posts
    I preordered this awhile back, it pulls off the genre pretty well and the change in perspective is really fun

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    Alright, keys sent to the PMers!

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,063 Posts
    This shit looks fun, I loved SMNC up to a point, I might be good at this. Anyone mind sending me a key?

Edited:

Guys I just had the best idea for two new characters.

Xenu and FSM, best idea or best idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,974 Posts
    I thought this game was pretty meh, so I am giving out two of my spare beta keys. PM me if you want one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,286 Posts

Xenu and FSM, best idea or best idea?
    Now watch as they add them and xenu ends up with breasts and a revealing oufit. I'd laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    March 2008
    378 Posts
    Keeping this cycle going.

Gave both out.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,527 Posts
    i have a starving family that i must feed with a smite key pls gibe

31. Post #31
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,586 Posts
    Keeping this cycle going.

Gave both out.
    thanks

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,534 Posts
    I'd love a key too, if anyone's willing.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,688 Posts
    I'd like a key too please.

34. Post #34
    Airbus? You mean a plane, right?
    December 2008
    1,806 Posts
    PM me for my two keys.

One left.

35. Post #35
    March 2008
    378 Posts
    Pretty good game so far.

Some complaints about how very similar a lot of the gods play though.

The text on things is a tad small as well.

Beta is beta though.

36. Post #36
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,586 Posts
    -Gone-

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,974 Posts
    I still have one key left, first one to PM me gets it

Edit: all sold out

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    To the people who already own the game, how often are updates?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,688 Posts
    HiRez are pretty slow on their updates. Might be a bit faster for this since it's in Beta and a new game, but Global Agenda was a month or even 2 months between patches.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    774 Posts
    eager to try a third person moba as opposed to isometric. not sure if it'll be better, but it's interesting