1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,772 Posts
    So, this is the SUIT PACK 2012.

What is the SUIT PACK 2012, you might ask? Well, my friend, it is this:

> 9 males!
    > 5 models per male! (closed jacket, open jacket, open jacket w/ ties, shirts, shirts w/ ties)
    > Shirt bodies have bodygroups for sleeves and collars! (collars on tieless only)
    > 16 suit/shirt skins!
    > 22 ties!!!!
    > taggart brand sexy posing physics (please note: may be too floppy for your tastes. deal with it.)

KNOWN ERRORS (i.e. you don't need to tell me about them, and I will fix these up when I can):

- Sorta dodgy leg rigging. This was present on the original suit models, so I'll fix it when I can be arsed, since no-one seemed to notice it before.
    - Minor clipping on all three shirt sleeve variants. Still needs some finetuning which I'll do soon. Until then I guess you'll just have to do a little visual trickery to hide it, or something.
    - Some clipping with certain heads around the neck area. Not much I can do about this without changing from universal body bodygroups to per-head body bodygroups.

If you spot any errors not listed here, do tell me.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This is actually part one of a much bigger suit pack as a whole. Be on the look out for the following extra bits, coming soon to a Facepunch near you in no particular order:

>Enhanced Robbers
    >Additional Alternative Variants (trenchcoats, anyone?)
    >FEMALES IN SUITS!!!!!!!
    >MORE?

CREDITS:

Taggart - Model hacking, model porting (most of the shirt bits), qc editing, creation of multiple suit skins, creation of pretty much all of the shirt skins, etc
    simkas - Porting (suit bits, remainder of shirt bits), texture setup for old suits, etc
    Lt_Commander - Texture work
    Bloocobalt - Enhanced citizen phymodels and facial flexes and shit
    IO Interactive - Original suit/shirt bits, textures, Kane and Lynch, etc
    Valve - Original arms (Ellis), heads, etc

DOWNLOADS:

Dropbox > Hotfix 1 (Shirt skin 12 fix) > Hotfix 2 (White open collar'd guys rigging fix + black guy arms fix)
    Garrysmod.org coming soon (if it actually lets it upload)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 55Useful x 3Artistic x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,288 Posts
    Good to see people with suits but without the coat. Nice models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    597 Posts
    Nice job, will me so much useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2010
    2,808 Posts
    I've been waiting for these for so long. Can't wait for the other releases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,772 Posts
    simkas spotted a funky little bug on shirt skin 12, so here's a hotfix for that.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8697486/Sui...Hotfix%201.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    6,335 Posts
    terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    One thing you did not master is the neck clipping, which is what I mastered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,037 Posts
    More suits. Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    I beg you not to upload to garrysmod.org. Idiots everywhere. "PLAYRMDLZ PLZZZ," too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2012
    6,335 Posts
    -snip-

11. Post #11
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    I beg you not to upload to garrysmod.org. Idiots everywhere. "PLAYRMDLZ PLZZZ," too.
    So you can upload yours first?

jk yeah we all agreed everyone on gmod.org is either an idiot or a troll
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    What uses are playermodels if the only time your gonna see your model is when you die. I rig models for movies for camera scenes Something useful you know?
    PAC2/PAC3 bonemerging is a thing, plus it doesn't take model recompiling to do it.

Edited:

What uses are playermodels if the only time your gonna see your model is when you die. I rig models for movies for camera scenes Something useful you know?
    roleplaying servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2012
    6,335 Posts
    bonemerging Sounds useful it might save me the whole rigging process.

14. Post #14
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    yeah, if the ragdoll's bones match the players, it can be "emulated" as a playermodel without the need of recompiling.

15. Post #15
    June 2012
    6,335 Posts
    Were can i get this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    bonemerging Sounds useful it might save me the whole rigging process.
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=887940

search around the OP to use it.

17. Post #17
    Whose dick do i have to suck to get an unban?
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,828 Posts
    Found a little bug you might (Might Not) know of

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49206317/suits.jpg

Thanks for this release dude...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Finally.

We can be friends now, Taggart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2012
    6,335 Posts
    Thanks

20. Post #20
    November 2010
    2,808 Posts
    Found a couple problems. Looks like one of the arm textures for the black guys are broken and there's some weird looking rigging problem on the collar on the open-collar guys.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,772 Posts
    hm, was pretty sure I'd fixed that bug with the collar

I'll get on that now, I'll also check out the arms because they should be fine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    What do you mean? The arms look black to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 15Zing Zing x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    unclamp S and T from the textures, and just borrow the collar from your wombossi model.

24. Post #24
    September 2009
    1,594 Posts
    I've been waiting for these for such a long time! Good work on them.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,772 Posts
    and here's hotfix two. Dunno if it will fix the arms though (but I haven't had that problem on my end either). If it doesn't work for whatever reason do tell me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8697486/Sui...Hotfix%202.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,475 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Whose dick do i have to suck to get an unban?
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,828 Posts
    -Snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    382 Posts
    Wait, wait...Let me get this straight...PIN-STRIPED SUITS!? Oh God, time to make some sexy poses with these models.

29. Post #29
    September 2009
    1,080 Posts
    They're... beautifull...

30. Post #30
    November 2010
    2,808 Posts
    Tried out the texture fixes. Hands are still solid black for me.

I should have also mentioned that the black hands were only broken with the two original suit models and the bodygroups with the rolled up sleeves. There could be something wrong with the UV of the arms for those specific models, but I don't know.

31. Post #31
    December 2010
    2,023 Posts
    Can't wait for the rest, my friend.

This stuff is too good to miss.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,772 Posts
    Tried out the texture fixes. Hands are still solid black for me.

I should have also mentioned that the black hands were only broken with the two original suit models and the bodygroups with the rolled up sleeves. There could be something wrong with the UV of the arms for those specific models, but I don't know.
    Hm, wierd. All fine for me. Try fiddling with the vtfs yourself, see if that fixes it.

33. Post #33
    June 2011
    419 Posts
    Taggart, you're an ass, you know that?

I uninstall Gmod because nothing really good was out and I was bored out of my mind. Then you release this!!! PIIIISSS!!!!

jk, You are amazing at making things like this. These will come in handy as robbers, FBI or Mafia dudes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    October 2011
    206 Posts
    EDIT: I downloaded the pack ass-backwards, that's why the shirt glitched. It's just me flipping a shit.
    EDIT: The shirt glitch also happens to most of the open suit citizens.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/gm_flatgrass000159.jpg

The only ones that doesn't get this are male_01 and male_03.

Other than that, it's pretty good! Another great piece of work from Taggart.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,772 Posts
    hm, that's what hotfix 1 should have fixed

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    That's not a bug, they're just Jews.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2011
    206 Posts
    hm, that's what hotfix 1 should have fixed
    I figured it out. The hotfix is actually in the wrong place in the folder. It's in models, not in models/Suits.

38. Post #38
    November 2010
    374 Posts

Love these models. Good work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    December 2010
    130 Posts
    The only improvement I could think of would be suspenders/braces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    November 2010
    2,808 Posts
    Okay, the hands work, now. I think I only had to enable the Trilinear, Normal Map, and No Min Mipmap flags for the texture to work. Thanks, Taggart.