1. Post #81
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,035 Posts
    do you honestly believe in stereotyping, which is a highly flawed concept in itself
    look at me using heightened language to defend my pedophile rapist hideout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    hey
    August 2006
    5,306 Posts
    ok

edit:

pretending i post or use a certain website even though i'm just questioning people who are honestly acting silly ok dude slow down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,888 Posts
    Fitting title
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,419 Posts
    Half this thread is people arguing about reddit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    January 2011
    1,169 Posts
    Half this thread is people arguing about reddit...
    reddit sucks

and so facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Peru Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,035 Posts
    at least fp doesn't provide a safe harbor for child molesters under the guise of free speech
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,888 Posts
    at least fp doesn't provide a safe harbor for child molesters under the guise of free speech
    If FP would have a "create a subforum and moderate it however you want" function this place would be a million times worse than even the most disgusting subreddits

Reddit has 33M users
    Any user can create his own subreddit and moderate it, of course there are horrible subreddits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #88
    hey
    August 2006
    5,306 Posts
    yes sexually deviant pedophiles clearly represents all of reddit's userbase
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,424 Posts
    If FP would have a "create a subforum and moderate it however you want" function this place would be a million times worse than even the most disgusting subreddits
    Custom Forums?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    November 2010
    327 Posts
    I really wish I had money to give him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,888 Posts
    Custom Forums?
    They were still not entirely safe moderated, were they?

12. Post #92
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,035 Posts

Reddit has 33M users
    Any user can create his own subreddit and moderate it, of course there are horrible subreddits
    cool except one the most notorious creepy pedophiles on reddit who ran multiple subreddits was buddies with the administrators. he got away with everything until reddit got bad press and had to cover ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,589 Posts
    They were still not entirely safe moderated, were they?
    There are over 3k subreddits, it would be illogical to attempt to constantly monitor all of them. When the subreddits got called out by other Reddit users they were removed.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,952 Posts
    Thank god the guy that lied about having a disabled brother and not having any money for Christmas was not a Redditer.

But yeah, I personally found this heart warming. However, this guy is probably going to feel guilty as hell about using the money. He specifically said that's not what he wanted, he just wanted to answer questions. Now he'll feel like he has to use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,287 Posts
    Most of you hate on Reddit because on the main sections (which are quite bad most of the time). There's thousands of other much better sub-reddits.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,434 Posts
    Young people should not die from Cancer. No one should die from cancer. And I hope this was not a scam

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,888 Posts
    There are over 3k subreddits, it would be illogical to attempt to constantly monitor all of them. When the subreddits got called out by other Reddit users they were removed.
    Yeah that's what I was saying

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    You can sum up a good portion of Reddit users with that word. Not saying most Facepunchers are any smarter, but at least we don't feel this strange compulsion to offer out life savings to a guy with cancer for no real reason.

I wouldn't be too against this is he genuinely needed treatments to fulfil some last things in his life, but this is just them literally giving him free money because they "feel sorry" for him. Cool, you're nice guys who give money to people. How about you give some money to someone who needs it to live, and not just because they have cancer?
    While they're at it, they should take all the food from middle-class people and give it to the poor, cause hey, fuck those middle class assholes, right? It's not like they need to eat or anything.

You're an asshole, btw.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,143 Posts
    While they're at it, they should take all the food from middle-class people and give it to the poor, cause hey, fuck those middle class assholes, right? It's not like they need to eat or anything.

You're an asshole, btw.   
    Whatever. I explained myself later in the thread if you wanted to actually show you are capable of reading.

20. Post #100
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,761 Posts
    Why does this guy need money to treat his cancer?

OH RIGHT AMERICA, I FORGOT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    cool except one the most notorious creepy pedophiles on reddit who ran multiple subreddits was buddies with the administrators. he got away with everything until reddit got bad press and had to cover ass
    Pretty sure r/picturesofdeadjailbait or whatever it was is still up, too.

So's r/beatingwomen

22. Post #102

March 2012
    213 Posts
    Every single one of you is horrible for not having an ability to value human life and understand cancer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    May 2010
    349 Posts
    This is the shit that makes me hate reddit. They'll dump boatloads of money on some dying asshole to go blow it on drugs and hookers in a foreign country after a week, then go have upvote circlejerks about how they're the nicest community and get on a dozen news websites. All while downvoting any comments that say donating to him is probably a bad idea to hell so nobody can read any comments except for the ones they are statistically likely to agree with. All while the local attention whores get upvotes (attention) by publicly offering to fuck the dying guy - fawned-over nude pictures of themselves included. All while the dying guy makes sure to mention he'll take pictures of them having sex in order to whore both of them. The upvotes just don't stop!

Also: To anybody thinking this will "eventually be exposed as a scam" ... go fall in a fire.
    And the guy has the fucking nerve to tell people who trying to be reasonably cautious to go kill themselves and die too. And they're giving him money. Yeah, this dying dick is the guy I want to give my money to for no goddamned reason. I don't want to donate $20,000 to research that could save the lives of cancer patients. I don't want to donate $20,000 to support people who aren't dying and actually have a chance with their lives and just need money, maybe homeless people or something. Those people aren't making threads on reddit; I can't upvote them and get upvoted if I give money to them! I'll have to give it to this asshole redditfag who won't live long enough to spend it wisely to use it all as fast as he can so I can feel popular on a bad circlejerk of praise and agreeing-opinions called reddit.

I fucking hate the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #104

March 2012
    213 Posts
    This is the shit that makes me hate reddit. They'll dump boatloads of money on some dying asshole to go blow it on drugs and hookers in a foreign country after a week, then go have upvote circlejerks about how they're the nicest community and get on a dozen news websites. All while downvoting any comments that say donating to him is probably a bad idea to hell so nobody can read any comments except for the ones they are statistically likely to agree with. All while the local attention whores get upvotes (attention) by publicly offering to fuck the dying guy - fawned-over nude pictures of themselves included. All while the dying guy makes sure to mention he'll take pictures of them having sex in order to whore both of them. The upvotes just don't stop!

And the guy has the fucking nerve to tell people who trying to be reasonably cautious to go kill themselves and die too. And they're giving him money. Yeah, this dying dick is the guy I want to give my money to for no goddamned reason. I don't want to donate $20,000 to research that could save the lives of cancer patients. I don't want to donate $20,000 to support people who aren't dying and actually have a chance with their lives and just need money, maybe homeless people or something. Those people aren't making threads on reddit; I can't upvote them and get upvoted if I give money to them! I'll have to give it to this asshole redditfag who won't live long enough to spend it wisely to use it all as fast as he can so I can feel popular on a bad circlejerk of praise and agreeing-opinions called reddit.

Get the fuck out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #105
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    Is it me or cancer is getting way too frequent these days.

26. Post #106
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    7,802 Posts
    Guy posts cancer story on 4chan, community replies 'Kill yourself ' 'Kill yourself' 'You should probably kill yourself' within minutes.

27. Post #107

March 2012
    213 Posts
    Is it me or cancer is getting way too frequent these days.
    Unfortunately, cancer is really frequent today because of addictive habits people get into. Even sitting your arse 10h a day can get you that shit.

28. Post #108
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    there are more of these "STOP HATING ON REDDIT GUUUUYYYSSS" dickride posts instead of hate
    This is literally the only thread where I've seen most of the thread defend Reddit. Also Reddit is vastly more popular than Facepunch so of course there's going to be people like you on there; it's basic math.

29. Post #109
    May 2010
    349 Posts
    Get the fuck out.
    Will do. You're right, man. I'm off to get garry to delete my account right after this post. Your clearly victorious logic has torn apart my previous argument and opinion. I'm sorry. This is probably the last post I'll ever make. You win.

Guy posts cancer story on 4chan, community replies 'Kill yourself ' 'Kill yourself' 'You should probably kill yourself' within minutes.
    Have you ever browsed 4chan before? I go on /v/, and it's the exact opposite. Look at this thread, bro. Dying guy says his goodbyes to his best friends at 4chan. They pat him on the back and gift him a few Steam games to enjoy in his final weeks. I remember there was a follow-up thread made by a guy who stayed in contact with him when he finally left for the hospice. There's also couple other similar archived cancer threads I wasn't there for at the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,923 Posts

I just interpreted it as a bunch of people trying to be decent human beings by doing what they can to make this guy's last few months alive a pleasant experience. If you think all those people are seriously trading cash or sex for upvotes, you're deluded. Sometimes people just want to be generous.

Edited:

Have you ever browsed 4chan before? I go on /v/, and it's the exact opposite. Look at this thread, bro. Dying guy says his goodbyes to his best friends at 4chan. They pat him on the back and gift him a few Steam games to enjoy in his final weeks. I remember there was a follow-up thread made by a guy who stayed in contact with him when he finally left for the hospice. There's also couple other similar archived cancer threads I wasn't there for at the time.
    And now you're defending 4chan for doing a similar thing to what Reddit is doing. Am I missing something here?

31. Post #111
    May 2010
    349 Posts
    I just interpreted it as a bunch of people trying to be decent human beings by doing what they can to make this guy's last few months alive a pleasant experience. If you think all those people are seriously trading cash or sex for upvotes, you're deluded. Sometimes people just want to be generous.
    I want to believe that, but it doesn't look like that to me. I won't repeat what I just posted though, and, of course, you're entitled to your opinion otherwise.

And now you're defending 4chan for doing a similar thing to what Reddit is doing. Am I missing something here?
    No, I'm not "defending 4chan" or anything. Read my original post and note the reasons I gave for disliking the reddit thread. Nobody in the thread I linked on 4chan was giving mass donations to bad causes or exploiting a dying man to garner attention. I just mentioned the 4chan thread because it was the exact opposite of what the guy said. Figured I could contribute to the thread by providing it.

32. Post #112
    October 2007
    1,239 Posts
    The only thing that bothers me is that there are countless people starving and dying on the street, but oh no this guy has cancer let's give him money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,090 Posts
    Someone please explain why FP hates Reddit

34. Post #114
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,880 Posts
    le
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,035 Posts

36. Post #116
    May 2010
    349 Posts
    This explains "why you should hate reddit" very well.

Also because the upvote/downvote system that is the foundation for reddit encourages metaphorical "circlejerking", attention whoring, and lets you only see popular opinions you agree with, and not see opinions you don't agree with. Like a big bubble of only shit-you-agree-with where you can only talk to people you agree with. Everybody just takes about how much they agree with each other and becomes more deluded into their own opinions, never even knowing opposing opinions exist. And if they do see unpopular opinions hidden at the bottom of the page, they won't even consider them to be true due to the downvotes plastered all over them. Additionally, the system encourages users to see how can brownnose the most. To get your posts seen and to make your account popular (thus making your arguments carry more "worth"), you need to get as many people to agree with you as strongly as you can. This turns everything into a competition to see who can metaphorically suck the metaphoric dick of the topic creator or subject just so their post can be seen and they can get any attention at all. (And because nobody will actually scroll down to the bottom of five hundred comments and click "show hidden posts", they only see the comments most extremely expressing the popular opinion. As I said, this gives them a skewed perspective of reality.) As an example, developers like to go to reddit to talk about their games because they get the most positive feedback there. And, not seeing any actual criticism since it's downvoted and hidden, it gives them a bad idea of what their community is actually like and wants, and I've seen still-developing games, like Minecraft and Ace of Spades, go down the shitter because of it.

wow i didn't realized i typed so much i should probably see someone this seems unhealthy to hate reddit this much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,287 Posts
    Which again is a couple of sections. It's not like you browse the gaming section and a discussion about child pornography breaks out.

Really, there's loads of good sub-reddits, but some ignorant people only look at the bad ones and go "REDDIT IS TERRIBLE!".

38. Post #118
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,035 Posts
    Which again is a couple of sections. It's not like you browse the gaming section and a discussion about child pornography breaks out.

Really, there's loads of good sub-reddits, but some ignorant people only look at the bad ones and go "REDDIT IS TERRIBLE!".
    dude they were some of the largest subreddits and the admins still didn't do shit until they made headlines

stop grasping at straws to defend your creepy community

Edited:

even if they did get rid of most of the illegal shit, there's still /r/mensrights, /r/atheism, /r/mlp, etc.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,787 Posts
    $20.000 because of a post on reddit is pretty incredible.
    If you don't want to be misinterpreted, just use a space instead or just don't put anything there

$20 000
    $20000

Or just use a comma like people from non-convoluted places do

$20,000

"." is a decimal point gosh darnit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    January 2011
    1,169 Posts

fast threads is fucking atrocious.

facepunch is a bad place.

i like this logic

Edited:

$20,000
    those are 20 bucks

dude, different countries use different decimal separators, so don't act like you know your shit, cause u dont
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Peru Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)