1. Post #1
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    9,617 Posts

Wed previously heard that Payday: The Heist developers Overkill are working on a game with Valve, but details were scant all we knew is that it was Left 4 Dead related. Our megapals over at CVG cite a source as saying that its going to be a Left 4 Dead prequel which details the genesis of the zombie uprising.

As perceptive gamers will have noticed, several hints have recently been dropped into Payday: The Heist, which has led to various rumors, the original statement from Overkill read. We are excited to be able to confirm that an in-depth collaboration between Overkill and Valve is currently in production. We are working on a very cool blend of Payday and Left 4 Dead.

Its a really nice idea for a collaboration. In Left 4 Dead youre the good guys. In Payday, youre the bad guys. Combining of the two, you could be a bunch of morally grey guys. Also, its a prequel, and everyone loves prequels, right? If not, dont worry: Overkill are also working on a sequel to Payday: The Heist.
    SOURCE

Left Be4 Dead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 13Funny x 4Late x 2Informative x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,535 Posts
    The gang's in trouble when they try to rob a zombie store
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    1,489 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    9,617 Posts
    Expansion for either L4D2 or Payday?

Edited:

nevermind, ninja'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,111 Posts
    -snip- aww nevermind

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,419 Posts
    Next week: Payday devs working on Dota 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2009
    9,617 Posts
    Next week: Payday devs working on Dota 3.
    Week after that: Half Life 0.
    How Gordon "afforded" his MIT education
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,428 Posts
    Week after that: Half Life 0.
    How Gordon "afforded" his MIT education
       By seling his vocal cords ofcourse   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    It all makes sense now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    4,752 Posts
    Gordon, we know you need an MIT education for that super cool job at Black Mesa. So, we'll give you a free degree if you just donate your vocal chords to science.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,617 Posts
    obviously he sold his vocal cords to the G-Man so he's compelled to pay him back by working his god-like powers to make Gordon feel like a special and cool figure essential to the survival of humanity, which I guess makes Gordon a literal allegory for the player and the G-Man a personification of VALVe or some shit I dunno lol

bam entire Half-Life series solved
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #13
    September 2007
    3,189 Posts
    Make prequel before zombies happened.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,783 Posts
    Shame. There aren't enough zombie games that focus on the beginning of the infection rather than weeks after it. (unless I'm not remembering some)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,444 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Dead Rising goes pretty in-depth about the cause of the zombie outbreaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I think the zombie infection was a form of terrorist attack in Dead Rising.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,444 Posts
    In dead rising 1, yes it was. In Dead Rising 2, the goons used the wasps to create more Zombrex, but wasps come from zombies and they need a shitload of zombies for that so that was an excuse for them to fuck shit up. I think in Off the Record OR Case Zero the whole deal is explained, I'm not exactly sure. Or zombies have always been in the DR universe even before the first outbreak, except contained and used for recreational purposes (Terror is reality). I don't remember exactly though, I haven't played OTR and CZ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #18
    June 2012
    24 Posts
    NOT EVEN NEWS FUCK THIS SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)