1. Post #1
    September 2010
    32 Posts
    Anybody know any GOOD survival horror games on the PS3. Me and my friend plan to play through a bunch and we already have the first Deadspace to do and we're thinking of doing the old Silent Hill games but does anybody know any other good ones?

(User was banned for this post ("Recommend for me" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,813 Posts
    Get your hands on Condemned 2. Not as good as the first one, but definitly awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,562 Posts
    Silent Hill collection I guess, if you've any halfway decent PC, just average, buy Amnesia the Dark Descent and the Penumbra games, they have low system requirements and will make you shit your pants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    You are an annual
    October 2011
    14,012 Posts
    Silent Hill collection I guess, if you've any halfway decent PC, just average, buy Amnesia the Dark Descent and the Penumbra games, they have low system requirements and will make you shit your pants.
    Anybody know any GOOD survival horror games on the PS3. Me and my friend plan to play through a bunch and we already have the first Deadspace to do and we're thinking of doing the old Silent Hill games but does anybody know any other good ones?
    How about you actually read the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,976 Posts
    silent hill collection is for the ps3, he just offered some alternatives for the pc as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2007
    2,032 Posts
    Last of Us is one for you to keep an eye on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dedicated to the facepunch title flaming brigade
    October 2011
    741 Posts
    Siren: Blood Curse, though you might not like it, since it is a rather odd game. The f.e.a.r. games that were released on ps3 are pretty good (not exactly survival horror). I also think that the resident evil games are all available for download in the psn store.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,707 Posts
    Resident Evil 2 and 3 for PS1 are some of my favourites.

I also recommend Lone Survivor for PC. It's a 2D indie game, so it's easy to run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,598 Posts
    I have no idea if there were PS3 sequels to these but PS2 has Siren and Fatal Frame. Definitely try those if you have a backwards compatible PS3 or see if there's some sort of sequel or PS3 version.

I've heard mixed things about the Silent Hill HD collection (not HD enough or something) but check that out. Silent Hill 2 is really good.

Sadly there isn't a lot of really good survival horror games. Try Condemned, like someone mentioned above. One and two are both good.

The Japanese seem to be best at survival horror games.

10. Post #10
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,825 Posts
    Many supposed "horror" games like Dead Space aren't really survival horror, and instead are more like action-thrillers. True survival horror should involve actual survival, tending to one's wounds, dealing with terrifying creatures that can make short work of you, forcing you to work with stealth and agility to resolve/escape conflicts, and have it so that killing an enemy is expensive and risky.

11. Post #11
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,562 Posts
    How about you actually read the OP
    Let's all take a deep breath here. You'll note Silent Hill Collection is for the PS3. I don't have a PS3 myself, so I offered some alternatives for anyone with a functional PC that I can testify to being shit your pants scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    cry of fear

13. Post #13
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,825 Posts
    I dunno about Cry of Fear; that mod had it's issues, like the inventory system and certain other things, even though it did look kind of good for a Half-Life 1 mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

14. Post #14
    November 2010
    66 Posts
    Dead Space 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,079 Posts
    I know you said ps3, but if you have a decent PC you should check out amnesia, also it's in the newest humblebundle so you can get it for cheap.

Edited:

Many supposed "horror" games like Dead Space aren't really survival horror, and instead are more like action-thrillers. True survival horror should involve actual survival, tending to one's wounds, dealing with terrifying creatures that can make short work of you, forcing you to work with stealth and agility to resolve/escape conflicts, and have it so that killing an enemy is expensive and risky.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?