1. Post #241
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,666 Posts
    I got a weird idea: Headcrab courier

Dunno, that becoming implemented might be very unlikely since it's copyrighted by Valve, but since there's a Isaac Kleiner announcer, I want to see another Half-Life reference in this game.

fucking pageking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,976 Posts
    Would it be possible to create some kind of a hood for Pugna, something like this:

I think it would look really good on him, but his horns might get in way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    VTFEdit 1.3.3 can load VTF version 7.5.

http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=41

(I think the trouble is the old version is VTFEdit 1.2.5, the first Google search result, which can't.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,763 Posts
    Tidehunter's head bone doesn't seem to follow his head quite correctly...
    Distracting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,016 Posts
    Yeah CSGO might work better. Getting this with Alien Swarm:

Aaaand now Sven's really shiny. Damn.
    Go through all the VMTs and replace CustomHero with VertexLitGeneric.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #246
    July 2011
    468 Posts
    Would it be possible to create some kind of a hood for Pugna, something like this:

I think it would look really good on him, but his horns might get in way.
    For a moment I thought he is Horseless Headless Horsemann.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #247
    May 2011
    2,897 Posts
    In light with the reception of our item sets, i'm gonna take my time to assess the theme of Dota 2 and the what the playerbase's preferences. Right now the ideas i see seem to be very good but we are all having a hard time executing them in a way that fits the game and that players would like to have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events

8. Post #248
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,988 Posts
    making concepts for Dota 2 is kind of really fun. Being able to concept organic looking stuff without it looking ridiculous (like in TF2) is nice. Finally an out for people want pieces of tree bark on their playable characters!

Anyway, courier concept. Sand King's Caravan, a camel. But not some fleshy, normal camel. I looked at Sand King's lore and noticed the desert in dota sounds way harsher than any of ours, and it "lives". Its inhabitants are merely extensions of the desert itself, not creatures that evolved to live in the desert. My thought is that all desert creatures would therfore look pretty close to eachother, only changing to fill their own niches, with the Caravan evolving to carry the scorpion people's stuffs when they travel. Since SK is a lot bigger than his people, the Caravan works as a small courier because the sand people would need a creature their size, and it works for Dota because dota couriers are small animals (and camels are not small).

Maybe even have it have 6 legs? Didn't really think about that until I looked at it again, it probably wold look a bit better and more scorpion king like to have 6 (camel shaped) legs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #249
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    I have no artistic talent myself whatsoever, but we were throwing different ideas around with my pals and we came up with this idea:

Mummyfied Enigma

You know, toiletpaper strapped around his body and so on.
    Dunno if this could be done, but it sounds easy to do.
    Maybe also would change the space-like particle effect on his feet to sand instead of eerie dark vortex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

10. Post #250
    January 2010
    3,157 Posts
    I think the only Egyptian themed things that would work would be for either Sandking or Dirge (Mummy and Egyptian Obelisks for zombie summoning).

11. Post #251
    March 2011
    129 Posts
    Pretty generic idea but I thought it was pretty neat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    January 2012
    194 Posts
    Sup everyone.
    My concept for Phantom Lancer (Don't pay attention to his face :3)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    This idea wouldn't fit the game at all, but I spill it out anyways.
    One of these as an ES totem:

Would make a sound of one of these falling on the floor when he does his echoslam.
    I just found it funny, wouldn't fit the universe at all, but this would be the replacement:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #254

June 2012
    7 Posts
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that i am offering my animating services to anyone who's interested and has an awesome courier model they'd like to get moving!
    I've got a couple months experience with decompiling, rigging and animating dota 2 models, i have 2 years animation experience as a student and wanted to give back to the community :)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Chard6
    This is a creep walk cycle i was working on for a day, WIP apologies for the few rendering errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,192 Posts
    I kinda want to give a gothic looking parasol to Death Prophet but I can't think of any good way for her to have it. Would it be a huge stretch to have it floating, as if by magic? Maybe have a particle system to enhance the effect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

16. Post #256
    December 2010
    16,988 Posts
    Concepting for Tidehunter is too much fun (so is writing lore for items)
    Set idea, "Hunter of the East Pacific"

On the coast surrounding the the Wailing Mountains, fisherman tell the tale of a hunter who rises from the deep, the steward of the fish, and the protector of the sea. The fisherman offer a sacred ritual to appease the beast, offering their finest delicacies in hopes that the steward will allow them to keep their catch. Some have failed, others survived, those that failed to satiate the beast's hunger, became meals of their own. These are the relics of those victims, paired with a helping of the finest in Wailing Coast cuisine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #257
    August 2011
    230 Posts
    Finished tearing Lycanthrope's model groups apart, I think the shoulders, fur shoulder thing, belt and gloves are going to be cosmetic replacement candidates.

I might try to recreate the original concept Lycan as a cosmetic set, since the belt and shoulders look significantly different.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    Gnome hat for Dark Seer please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    December 2011
    163 Posts
    Now im going in the right way?
    Neclace will be made of mossy stone.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,072 Posts
    I feel that prophet has enough items at the moment. We should focus on the characters that don't have items yet, right now proogles is working on some Lycan stuff, I need to compile my antimage stuff. I think Lone Druid could use some items or even Riki
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

21. Post #261
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    I might make an announcer pack, which one would be better
    Chen/Zeus
    Mad Hatter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #262
    December 2011
    163 Posts
    I feel that prophet has enough items at the moment. We should focus on the characters that don't have items yet, right now proogles is working on some Lycan stuff, I need to compile my antimage stuff. I think Lone Druid could use some items or even Riki
    Agreed, but without separation of current heroes without items, hard to guess what we can model for them except hat and weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,192 Posts
    so I'm getting Maya, does anyone know how this cloth simulation thing works?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

24. Post #264
    December 2010
    16,988 Posts
    k, concept!
    (anyone can model it, I don't model, just like shooting ideas out)
    Clockwerk Set: "Hot Rod"

"After a grueling battle, Clockwerk took himself to his favorite place to heal, the junkyard. It was there he fell in love. A beautiful, vintage hotrod, in perfect condition, just sitting there, rotting. Not wanting to pass this once in a lifetime chance, Clockwerk did what any dwarf facing a mid-life crisis would do, ripped the hotrod apart and crudely attached it to his body."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    lol thats great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,016 Posts
    k, concept!
    (anyone can model it, I don't model, just like shooting ideas out)
    Clockwerk Set: "Hot Rod"

"After a grueling battle, Clockwerk took himself to his favorite place to heal, the junkyard. It was there he fell in love. A beautiful, vintage hotrod, in perfect condition, just sitting there, rotting. Not wanting to pass this once in a lifetime chance, Clockwerk did what any robot facing a mid-life crisis would do, ripped the hotrod apart and crudely attached it to his body."

He's not a robot, he's just got battle armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #267
    December 2010
    16,988 Posts
    He's not a robot, he's just got battle armour.
    k, fixed. I probably should have read Clockwerk's lore.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,976 Posts
    You know what the game needs? A set that makes the Invoker look like the Shitty Wizard, but of course with polished models and textures, similar only design wise. (pointy hat, beard...)
    You know, because he isn't a shitty wizard, but pretty much the best one around. You could call it the Shitty Shitty Wizard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    811 Posts
    This is a creep walk cycle i was working on for a day, WIP apologies for the few rendering errors.
    is he drunk or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that i am offering my animating services to anyone who's interested and has an awesome courier model they'd like to get moving!
    I've got a couple months experience with decompiling, rigging and animating dota 2 models, i have 2 years animation experience as a student and wanted to give back to the community :)
    99 problems but a bitch aint one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #271
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,738 Posts
    Just wanted to let you guys know that i'm available as well if you have any animation needs.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

32. Post #272
    August 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Inb4 jethro asks you to animate his robot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    December 2010
    16,988 Posts
    Just wanted to let you guys know that i'm available as well if you have any animation needs.

wait, for dota, Valve allows you to make your own animations for stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #274

June 2012
    7 Posts
    is he drunk or something?
    the walk has to be exaggerated to be noticeable from the top down view, it's all about core motion. thanks for the feedback

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,016 Posts
    Inb4 jethro asks you to animate his robot.
    did that many pages ago :v

36. Post #276
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,738 Posts
    the walk has to be exaggerated to be noticeable from the top down view, it's all about core motion. thanks for the feedback
    Not really, just look at the defaults.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

37. Post #277
    April 2011
    2,656 Posts

Those things in his chin, forehead and back of the head are crystals. I donīt know if this could be a model, as I heavily modified the original head, and i suppose they wonīt do entire head replacements =/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

38. Post #278
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts

Those things in his chin, forehead and back of the head are crystals. I donīt know if this could be a model, as I heavily modified the original head, and i suppose they wonīt do entire head replacements =/
    Looks a lot like Bane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,738 Posts
    so I'm getting Maya, does anyone know how this cloth simulation thing works?
    Valve will set that up for you.

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,192 Posts
    just knocked out a quick parasol model for death prophet, before I spend any more time on it I wanna know if you guys think it's a good idea so I made a quick mockup of how it might be positioned

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)