1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,678 Posts
    Honestly I dislike the store-based system of paying for things. I'd prefer a $20 dollar price tag over microtransactions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

2. Post #42
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    What are you guys talking about? I can play on fantastic with just slight FPS drop.

3. Post #43
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    Try dropping some cannons and watch your fps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    7,082 Posts
    unity is bad
    No it's not, why would you think that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,846 Posts
    Give me decent space exploration... and I will gladly mark this as a replacement for Shores of Hazeron.
    Its already most of the way there as it is. very impressive.

time to build a fort on one of those asteroids.

And from the back, the dude there looks like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,099 Posts
    Waiting for the website to go up for a direct download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,154 Posts
    I really like that fort building system, want it everywhere, minecraft, gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,888 Posts
    I hope they'd release some sort of non-f2p version too, microtransactions makes me a bit worried.
    Looks amazing though, going to download the alpha if I can

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    I've always wanted to build an asteroid fort but I didn't want it being made of shitty-looking cubes

thank you StarForge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    December 2009
    2,180 Posts
    after 2 or 3 minutes of playing the whole game turns black, does anyone know how to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    January 2011
    2,301 Posts
    Right now it's a pretty neat tech demo, fun to play around in. Physics and the construction are really cool but there's not much to do at all. Also movement is really jumpy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    804 Posts
    so apparantly there's a height limit?

13. Post #53
    July 2007
    2,290 Posts
    Can anyone upload the torrent somewhere else? Netherlands blocked piratebay.

14. Post #54
    I'm a dumb whiny baby that just won't shut the hell up. Also, I love big hairy cock.
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,960 Posts
    Can anyone upload the torrent somewhere else? Netherlands blocked piratebay.
    use proxy

also: when i open the game i get a white window. What i do now?

15. Post #55
    July 2007
    2,290 Posts
    Current version of the game isn't even procedural and doesn't have a helicopter or anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

16. Post #56
    im a gold member please accept me!!!
    March 2011
    1,200 Posts
    This game will fry my laptop if I tried running it there, still looks amazing for an early alpha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Tunisia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    I'm a dumb whiny baby that just won't shut the hell up. Also, I love big hairy cock.
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,960 Posts
    this game is using cryeninge?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    July 2008
    3,769 Posts
    this game is using cryeninge?
    No. It's using Unity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,975 Posts
    This is what i needed in my life

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,996 Posts
    This looks fucking awesome. I hope it's readily moddable too.

5:16

21. Post #61
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,661 Posts
    Hm, i'm getting pink textures..

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    This look amazing. I will be following its development closely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #63
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts

God darn, where's my AA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,367 Posts
    The controls honestly feel like a cross between being drunk, and being a baby who's just learning to walk. Seriously, they're absolutely horrible. I really hope between now and release they are made a shitton better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    646 Posts
    Finally someone made a thread for this game, was just waiting for it.

The game is slow for me no matter if I choose fastest or fantastic, sadly.

26. Post #66
    April 2011
    1,806 Posts
    The best part about claiming that outer space in the game is infinite is that nobody's going to be able to properly test that out, even with space vehicles. Still, imagine how fucking cool it would be if it worked like Starbound is supposed to, where everyone gets their own planet in space and people can just travel to them at will.

Edited:

The controls honestly feel like a cross between being drunk, and being a baby who's just learning to walk. Seriously, they're absolutely horrible. I really hope between now and release they are made a shitton better.
    So it's like Arma II with more physics?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,470 Posts
    Wellllllll. The game goes black after 20 seconds.

28. Post #68
    June 2011
    980 Posts
    Oh dear god this is so cool.
    I can't wait until it gets multiplayer support!

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    I think they should have waited until they had a more stable release with more features before releasing anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,366 Posts
    The best part about claiming that outer space in the game is infinite is that nobody's going to be able to properly test that out, even with space vehicles. Still, imagine how fucking cool it would be if it worked like Starbound is supposed to, where everyone gets their own planet in space and people can just travel to them at will.

Edited:

How is ArmA 2 a cross between a baby learning to walk and a drunk?
    It seems pretty normal to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,367 Posts

Edited:

No, Arma II just has controls you need to learn because there is a lot you can do. This makes movement difficult for no reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Even though in arma you don't use 80% of the controls.

Anyway, will there be ships and other planets? If not, kinda strange that there would be infinite space yet nothing to go to.

33. Post #73
    January 2010
    9,766 Posts
    The alien attack part looks terrifying, it's so awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    October 2010
    476 Posts
    It runs fine at first, but after you spawn 10-20 laser/rocket turrets and spawn some monsters... no fps

35. Post #75
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,714 Posts
    This is so wacky

Linked because 15MB.

When I alt tabbed the game turned to night or something, it was really weird looking though, so much fog.

36. Post #76
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,661 Posts
    This is so wacky

Linked because 15MB.

When I alt tabbed the game turned to night or something, it was really weird looking though, so much fog.
    Really looks like a pirate by the way he looks and how he walks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    June 2008
    25 Posts
    In the video, the part with the aliens invading the fort thing, with all the red lights and the searchlights, it reminds me of the Starcraft: Brood War intro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

38. Post #78
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Oh christ

This game is really fun, except when monsters spawns and lowers my fps by 10. :(

Current version lacks grass blocks and vehicles though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #79
    June 2008
    470 Posts
    My computer is so shitty that this game is almost impossible to play and enjoy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,960 Posts
    My computer is so shitty that this game is almost impossible to play and enjoy.
    u have a bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)