1. Post #1
    January 2011
    228 Posts

The Homestuck Playset is a project that was initiated some time last year when someone in the modeling forum requested models of characters and props from the webcomic Homestuck by Andrew Hussie. I love making models of characters and the ones from Homestuck seemed like they'd be especially fun, so I chose to honour the request and it turned into something much larger. I became so enthused that I learned how to use lua and ended up making a whole bunch of player models, entities, weapons and gameplay elements that me and the project's followers have been selfishly enjoying by ourselves for almost an entire year! It's time to get things moving again and get the add-on into the hands of the people who will enjoy it the most; the people who love Homestuck!

Download for Gmod 12 (last updated 22/8/12)

Download from Steam Workshop for Gmod 13 (You must have Gmod 13 and be logged into steam for this...)

Player Models:
    All of the characters have custom animations that I made from scratch and are capable of doing all the fun stuff that the regular player models do (swimming, sitting, lying in pods, etc.) Playable characters include the 4 original kids, the alpha kids, 12 original trolls, 2 pre-scratch trolls (Meenah & Aranea) and the 4 members of the midnight crew!

Weapons and Clothes:
    There's at least one weapon for every character that has one in the comic and loads of different outfits and accessories that everyone can wear.

Special Features
    Along the course of this project's ongoing design, a few different gameplay features were introduced to make the player models more fun to use in the context of co-operative play and roleplaying. There are all kinds of things like these, but the ones shown below are, in my opinion, the most interesting and the most fun.

Revival with a kiss: When a player is incapacitated, they have the choice to wait for a friend to come and revive them or to respawn normally. Injured players are easy to find, because glowing heart glyphs appear above their bodies that can be seen through walls, much like the briefcase in Team Fortress. This proved to be a lot of fun in co-operative play, because it gives players more of a chance to work together to get through levels without having to restart. I think you'll really like it.

Hugs: Hugs make everything better. This is an irrevocable fact that has proven undeniable. They basically work just like the high-fives in Team Fortress, whereby one player holds their arms out and the other presses USE on them to complete the hug. It's fun!

Features in Summary:

Every Kid/Troll is included, both as a playermodel and a ragdoll

Pre-made quirk system: No need to do the quirks manually

Game mechanic props/ragdolls included: Grist, Vitality Gel, the Alchemiter, the Cruxtruder and the Imp.

Fully posable Alchemiter arm

Weapons in the form of both props and SWEPs

Character-Exclusive weapons

Clothes in the form of bone merges and bodygroups

Bot system: Bots spawned through the console will automatically become a random Kid/Troll

Kiss revival system: Dead players may be revived by pressing E when next to them

Download:

Download the Gmod 12 version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wgsacwkadksyvyf (last updated 22/8/12)

Download the Gmod 13 version from the Steam Workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=88138384
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Winner x 69Dumb x 41Artistic x 9Lua King x 6Funny x 3Optimistic x 2Friendly x 2Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,636 Posts
    Knock, knock.

Bonus height chart:

Each character is circa 38 Hammer Units tall, standard VALVe Biped characters being exactly 72 Hammer Units tall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    and i helped i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    Looks pretty good, I guess! Looking forward to it!

5. Post #5
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    Awesome!

Altrough i dont know what homestuck is *insert culture here* but it looks extremely fun!

6. Post #6
    June 2008
    5,268 Posts
    wow, this is really great! Can't wait to play it. Also, I would like you to make the god tiers. Since you said you would if someone wanted you to.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,636 Posts
    wow, this is really great! Can't wait to play it. Also, I would like you to make the god tiers. Since you said you would if someone wanted you to.
    They're in progress.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2008
    5,268 Posts
    Irrelevant question. What map is that Kanaya chainsaw screenshot taken in? Also, could you talk about that enemy a little? Seems like there's no other mention of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,636 Posts
    Irrelevant question. What map is that Kanaya chainsaw screenshot taken in? Also, could you talk about that enemy a little? Seems like there's no other mention of it.
    That's...
    That's a HL2 map.
    And that enemy is a Combine Soldier.

10. Post #10
    February 2010
    2,808 Posts
    That's...
    That's a HL2 map.
    i think he means the one before that, in which case the enemy is a generic imp

11. Post #11
    June 2008
    5,268 Posts
    That's...
    That's a HL2 map.
    I was wondering WHICH HL2 map. And yeah, I meant the imp.

12. Post #12
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,652 Posts
    Nice job. Looks like LBP xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Any word on a release date for the mod? I'd love to host a server.

14. Post #14
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    Awesome!

Altrough i dont know what homestuck is *insert culture here* but it looks extremely fun!
    Here ya go

OMFG I cannot wait for this. So it's actually becoming part of the game? Yes this is the best thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2010
    2,247 Posts
    Oh yes, this looks very, very good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2011
    799 Posts
    it's....perfect O_O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2011
    228 Posts
    I was wondering WHICH HL2 map. And yeah, I meant the imp.
    The map is called d2_coast_07. The imp is basically just a zombie replacement at this point :L
    Any word on a release date for the mod? I'd love to host a server.
    It should be ready very soon, for the summer.
    OMFG I cannot wait for this. So it's actually becoming part of the game? Yes this is the best thing.
    Yes, all of the characters are playable and it gives you a whole new way to enjoy the game =D

Have some random screenshots:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,881 Posts
    I just found out what Homestuck was. Saw a lot of it during Anime North...

19. Post #19
    December 2010
    49 Posts
    Looks good now if only I knew what Homestuck is.

20. Post #20
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,708 Posts
    Looks good now if only I knew what Homestuck is.
    kids and fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    I don't like homestuck at all but same as with that new ponies thing a few days ago this is really well done and I'm sure homestuck fans will use it I guess

Also it's pretty cool that you learnt lua and practiced modelling to do this, you have a great way ahead of you with that (I guess)

You should probably do a thing so people can edit the textures into their own godawful "OC" trolls/kids/characters since that's apparently popular
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2010
    1,396 Posts
    I love you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Would this work with those old hl2dm co-op maps?

24. Post #24
    June 2008
    5,268 Posts
    I have a suggestion; If you're planning on making some sort of TDM mode for this, you should make it Derse Dreamers vs. Prospit Dreamers.

25. Post #25
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    I don't like homestuck at all but same as with that new ponies thing a few days ago this is really well done and I'm sure homestuck fans will use it I guess

Also it's pretty cool that you learnt lua and practiced modelling to do this, you have a great way ahead of you with that (I guess)

You should probably do a thing so people can edit the textures into their own godawful "OC" trolls/kids/characters since that's apparently popular
    Most of the people who have awful OCs won't be smart enough to learn LUA, or probably to even install this.

People with crackships on the other hand...

Meh, not detailed enough for smut. Thank CHRIST.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    this actually made me get up and make an account, so congrats on actually encouraging me to do that first off :P

I for one think this is an amazing everything.
    just a few questions, cause Homestuck is a habit of mine.
    -among the weapons you have made, or are planning to make- is the wrinklefucker one of them?
    -is there a plan to make the non-chibi models? (you know what I mean :P)
    -having seen the screenshots, the answer is probably yes, but still, are you making npcs (or playermodels, I don't care) of the monsters like Imps?
    -probably the most fourth (and important) question here; is there a plan to make (admin only, for the love of god!) Jack Noir and his Red Miles? (oh dear god, I can't abscond!)

27. Post #27
    Most of the people who have awful OCs won't be smart enough to learn LUA, or probably to even install this.

People with crackships on the other hand...

Meh, not detailed enough for smut. Thank CHRIST.
    That's... why I'm saying it needs a texture template...

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    Would this work with those old hl2dm co-op maps?
    yeah

we (used to) play on those all the time with this

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,636 Posts
    this actually made me get up and make an account, so congrats on actually encouraging me to do that first off :P

I for one think this is an amazing everything.
    just a few questions, cause Homestuck is a habit of mine.
    -among the weapons you have made, or are planning to make- is the wrinklefucker one of them?
    -is there a plan to make the non-chibi models? (you know what I mean :P)
    -having seen the screenshots, the answer is probably yes, but still, are you making npcs (or playermodels, I don't care) of the monsters like Imps?
    -probably the most fourth (and important) question here; is there a plan to make (admin only, for the love of god!) Jack Noir and his Red Miles? (oh dear god, I can't abscond!)
    I can answer all of that.
    First one, yes. As far as we're aware, we'll be getting as many weapons as possible.
    Second one, maybe.
    Third, only NPCs. New playermodels are complex to rig. The characters all have the same skeleton system, whilst imps, ogres and such are much different.
    Fourth, that's complex. Jack Noir MIGHT get in the pack, Red Miles, not so much.

30. Post #30
    February 2010
    2,808 Posts
    yeah

the revive system makes it pretty fun

31. Post #31
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    I can answer all of that.
    First one, yes. As far as we're aware, we'll be getting as many weapons as possible.
    Second one, maybe.
    Third, only NPCs. New playermodels are complex to rig. The characters all have the same skeleton system, whilst imps, ogres and such are much different.
    Fourth, that's complex. Jack Noir MIGHT get in the pack, Red Miles, not so much.
    woot! quick responses! I love it!
    -awesome! I dunno why, but I just love its name. Wrinklefucker. I could probably say it twenty- alright, 15- times before I got bored.
    -well, I'll take what I can get. that anyones even making a quality homestuck mod is amazing.
    -awesome. more things to kill, less reasons for friendly fire!
    - thank god. Noir himself is intimidating by himself.

but... I've just thought of something.
    will there be more pumpkins, like the one in the screenshots?

32. Post #32
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    yeah

Now I'm even more willing to set up a server for this, that sounds fun as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    RE: My previous statement that THANKFULLY smut will be impossible, I do like how it's get this cute system of hugs and pecks. D'awwwwww.

34. Post #34
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    RE: My previous statement that THANKFULLY smut will be impossible, I do like how it's get this cute system of hugs and pecks. D'awwwwww.
    I dunno... Dirk seems interested in forging his own softcore smut... that would be canon.
    but yeah, should be pretty impossible to do actual smut with the mod thats coming out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    May 2011
    129 Posts
    This is SO cool. Thank you so much for making it, really, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I wonder if you could make the Post-Scratch Kids too? That would be so great. But anyway, this is already awesome as it is, thanks again. Could I possibly test it? I can't wait to see it released!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2011
    228 Posts
    This is SO cool. Thank you so much for making it, really, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I wonder if you could make the Post-Scratch Kids too?
    If you and others would like them, I'll make them. It probably won't take very long.

Here's what I'm making right now...

He'll be a player model like the others and I'll make him as Jack Noir as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

37. Post #37
    February 2012
    21 Posts
    Oh man, I've been on the edge of my seat for this for a couple of days now, it looks so great and fun!

Are there any plans for dreamself-outfits, or the sprites? (Aradiasprite, davesprite, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2012
    28 Posts
    woah. I just thought of something. will this mod have any of Noir's gang from that one side-comic?
    I'll admit, they seem an eerily compelling and dangerous squad of men. I think a few people would wanna be part of Noirs gang, or even just generic humanoids (can't remember the names- the black & white carapaced people), just because.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,185 Posts
    Even though I'm not that big of a fan of Homestuck, this looks rather awesome. Good work!

40. Post #40
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    I can't wait for the release on this, I would download just for the models alone, but then you go and add all these cool features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)