1. Post #41
    TDM, we played with Thingshappen on a certain map once, and I remember mentioning the District 9 vehicles. I think you said you would be able to fix them or something?

Can you still do that? It'd be cool to have D9 vehicles that don't spinout whenever I try and turn when moving.

2. Post #42

January 2012
    43 Posts
    Do the emergency vehicles have flashing lights on the front bumper? If it does, cool!

3. Post #43
    TDM, we played with Thingshappen on a certain map once, and I remember mentioning the District 9 vehicles. I think you said you would be able to fix them or something?

Can you still do that? It'd be cool to have D9 vehicles that don't spinout whenever I try and turn when moving.
    I think Inaki made these and you should ask him instead for a fix as it probably would be faster and easier.

Do the emergency vehicles have flashing lights on the front bumper? If it does, cool!
    If freemmaann allows that with the new siren system, then yes of course

4. Post #44
    April 2010
    452 Posts
    For some reason, I cannot see this car in the vehicle menu.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10800905/SVN...hread/pic9.jpg

5. Post #45
    September 2011
    840 Posts
    For some reason, I cannot see this car in the vehicle menu.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10800905/SVN...hread/pic9.jpg
    He already said that that one's not finished yet as of now, on the previous page. I'd personally like to see that one too. We need more Vans, SUVs, and Trucks in gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    January 2012
    283 Posts
    He already said that that one's not finished yet as of now, on the previous page. I'd personally like to see that one too. We need more Vans, SUVs, and Trucks in gmod.
    I agree with this reply.

In my opinion I would like to have more Vans and those sort of things as well. My only thought of vans would be Mercedes Benz vans, I like those sort of vehicles. Mostly German vehicles (Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc).

Another good suggestion to add onto the TDMCars could be more Offroad cars (like the Range Rover) and Dune Buggies and that sort of stuff, there is one good vehicle that looks like it has that old feeling to it is, the Volkswagen Turbocharged Dune Buggy (Shown in the video below).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    September 2011
    840 Posts
    I agree with this reply.

In my opinion I would like to have more Vans and those sort of things as well. My only thought of vans would be Mercedes Benz vans, I like those sort of vehicles. Mostly German vehicles (Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc).

Another good suggestion to add onto the TDMCars could be more Offroad cars (like the Range Rover) and Dune Buggies and that sort of stuff, there is one good vehicle that looks like it has that old feeling to it is, the Volkswagen Turbocharged Dune Buggy (Shown in the video below).

Agreed. And speaking of offroad vehicles, I personally enjoy the late 90's Chevy Blazers. I think there's one in Driver: San Fransisco, and that'd be an awesome addition to this ensemble. Ironically, it's where the GMC Vandura here came from. And BTW, that dune buggy is pretty sweet. Kinda reminds me of the original jalopy that was supposed to be in Half Life 2: Episode 2.

8. Post #48

May 2012
    2 Posts
    idk how to download it,the google code is messed up for me,like the pg won't let me download it,(PS:im using Winrar)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    When are these races on the server? I am planning on requesting a blank NASCAR car.

10. Post #50
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    idk how to download it,the google code is messed up for me,like the pg won't let me download it,(PS:im using Winrar)
    It's a SVN. You need a program like TortoiseSVN to download it. There are tutorials on how to download and install svn's out there.

11. Post #51
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    I agree with this reply.

More vans would be great, a Lamborghini Miura and a Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR-1 with high-quality interior, and the features of VCMod, would be a dream that would come true.

12. Post #52
    January 2012
    283 Posts
    More vans would be great, a Lamborghini Miura and a Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR-1 with high-quality interior, and the features of VCMod, would be a dream that would come true.
    Aw man! The ZR1 and Z06 are both awesome, I think that the Porsche 911 Speedster and the 911 GT2 RS are quite good as well but what about the Gumpert Apollo S perhaps? I think we might need more Hyper Cars unlike the Veyron 16.4 in my opinion.

Some of the world's most exclusive cars can be quite cool I suppose.

13. Post #53
    September 2011
    840 Posts
    I like the corvette stingray concept myself. That thing looks slick. Cadillac-esque headlights and the split rear window look awesome.

14. Post #54
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    I'v got a question. Is it possible to port over the cars from mafia II and L.A. Noire? I love those old cars.

15. Post #55

November 2011
    52 Posts
    I need some help please, and please don't reply if its not a fix for it. I am trying to get these cars to work on my DarkRP server. The cars appear in the F4 menu, but it just wont let me spawn any of them, and most of them appear as ERROR Icons. I can spawn them in the Vehicles tab in the spawn menu, but not the F4 menu. I downloaded the SVN, and I think I know I installed it correctly because I can spawn it in the vehicles tab. Heres my code for addentites.lua

AddCustomVehicle("Porsche 997 GT3", "models/tdmcars/997gt3.mdl", 106000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Volkswagen Scirocco GT", "models/tdmcars/scirocco.mdl", 33000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Mercedes SL65 AMG", "models/tdmcars/sl65amg.mdl", 100000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Dodge Charger SRT-8", "models/tdmcars/chargersrt8.mdl", 37000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Porsche Cayenne Turbo S", "models/tdmcars/cayenne.mdl", 83000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Mitsubishi Evo Lancer X", "models/tdmcars/mitsu_evox.mdl", 42500 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Ford Focus RS", "models/tdmcars/focusrs.mdl", 37800, )
    AddCustomVehicle("Audi TT 07", "models/tdmcars/auditt.mdl", 27000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Aston Martin DBS", "models/tdmcars/dbs.mdl", 285000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Volvo 242 Turbo", "models/tdmcars/242turbo.mdl", 8750 )
    AddCustomVehicle("GMC Vandura", "models/tdmcars/gmcvan.mdl", 13500 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Bugatti Veyron 16.4", "models/tdmcars/bugattiveyron.mdl", 1600000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Citroen C4", "models/tdmcars/cit_c4.mdl", 42000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Kia Ceed", "models/tdmcars/kia_ceed.mdl", 19530 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Ferrari 512 TR", "models/tdmcars/ferrari512tr.mdl", 98750 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Lamborghini Gallardo", "models/tdmcars/gallardo.mdl", 330000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Lamborghini Murcielago", "models/tdmcars/murcielago.mdl", 425000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Dodge RAM SRT10", "models/tdmcars/dodgeram.mdl", 95000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Chevrolet Spark", "models/tdmcars/spark.mdl", 13000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Toyota Supra", "models/tdmcars/supra.mdl", 45000 )

Please help, will be very much appreciated. I can give you admin on my server if you find a fix for this.

16. Post #56

January 2012
    43 Posts
    I hope so! I love the cars in L.A. Noire like this one http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/Buick_Super
    I'v got a question. Is it possible to port over the cars from mafia II and L.A. Noire? I love those old cars.

17. Post #57
    January 2012
    283 Posts
    I need some help please, and please don't reply if its not a fix for it. I am trying to get these cars to work on my DarkRP server. The cars appear in the F4 menu, but it just wont let me spawn any of them, and most of them appear as ERROR Icons. I can spawn them in the Vehicles tab in the spawn menu, but not the F4 menu. I downloaded the SVN, and I think I know I installed it correctly because I can spawn it in the vehicles tab. Heres my code for addentites.lua

AddCustomVehicle("Porsche 997 GT3", "models/tdmcars/997gt3.mdl", 106000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Volkswagen Scirocco GT", "models/tdmcars/scirocco.mdl", 33000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Mercedes SL65 AMG", "models/tdmcars/sl65amg.mdl", 100000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Dodge Charger SRT-8", "models/tdmcars/chargersrt8.mdl", 37000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Porsche Cayenne Turbo S", "models/tdmcars/cayenne.mdl", 83000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Mitsubishi Evo Lancer X", "models/tdmcars/mitsu_evox.mdl", 42500 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Ford Focus RS", "models/tdmcars/focusrs.mdl", 37800, )
    AddCustomVehicle("Audi TT 07", "models/tdmcars/auditt.mdl", 27000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Aston Martin DBS", "models/tdmcars/dbs.mdl", 285000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Volvo 242 Turbo", "models/tdmcars/242turbo.mdl", 8750 )
    AddCustomVehicle("GMC Vandura", "models/tdmcars/gmcvan.mdl", 13500 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Bugatti Veyron 16.4", "models/tdmcars/bugattiveyron.mdl", 1600000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Citroen C4", "models/tdmcars/cit_c4.mdl", 42000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Kia Ceed", "models/tdmcars/kia_ceed.mdl", 19530 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Ferrari 512 TR", "models/tdmcars/ferrari512tr.mdl", 98750 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Lamborghini Gallardo", "models/tdmcars/gallardo.mdl", 330000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Lamborghini Murcielago", "models/tdmcars/murcielago.mdl", 425000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Dodge RAM SRT10", "models/tdmcars/dodgeram.mdl", 95000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Chevrolet Spark", "models/tdmcars/spark.mdl", 13000 )
    AddCustomVehicle("Toyota Supra", "models/tdmcars/supra.mdl", 45000 )

Please help, will be very much appreciated. I can give you admin on my server if you find a fix for this.
    I think the problem was caused because you didn't install the SVN properly, it's recommended to look at my guide of how to do it the right way.

Extreme Guide to downloading SVN!

1. Get TortoiseSVN (Everyone who downloads this should probably have it)

2. Create a new blank folder in your addons folder (TDMCars)

3. Choose SVN Checkout and then copy and paste the URL of the google-code webpage (showing you the contents of the SVN)

4. Wait for the SVN to finish downloading

5. PROFIT!

It's really simple once you know what to do, if you did it like that - I recommend you try it again to see if it works because it might not work the first time.

Sorry, forgot one thing: Use the developer console and type rp_addvehicles, it will show a list of cars that you have.

18. Post #58
    Already tried with Mafia II and works great. I have been thinking of trying out L.A. Noire as well but I just haven't been around it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    Already tried with Mafia II and works great. I have been thinking of trying out L.A. Noire as well but I just haven't been around it yet.
    Awesome. I will be looking forward to seeing them. When your doing your emergency vehicles would you mind putting a few of the ones in from Mafia II and (if porting them works) L.A. Noire?

20. Post #60
    April 2010
    452 Posts
    I found out the issue, you gotta add it to rp_vehicles list for TDM cars to spawn.

21. Post #61
    Hey TDM, have you tried doing boats?

You could use GTA4 boats as a starting point or just seeing if the half-life 2 ones work.

22. Post #62

May 2012
    2 Posts
    I downloaded Tortise SVN,but it still bring up googlecodes or something.is it because my computers messed up,or your just not done with the car pack?

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    408 Posts
    I downloaded Tortise SVN,but it still bring up googlecodes or something.is it because my computers messed up,or your just not done with the car pack?
    You need to use that to checkout the svn link. Use a YouTubetutorial if you cant figure it out. There are plenty of them on YouTube.

24. Post #64
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    Are you planning on adding more skin templates on the other popular cars?

25. Post #65

January 2012
    43 Posts
    Although you're not taking requests could you make some street/RP cars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    November 2011
    74 Posts
    Although you're not taking requests could you make some street/RP cars?
    He does have some, but most of them are right hand drive :/
    Also, here are some cars that fit the RP cars style. All cars are available in Forza 4. (besides the Crown Vic)

2004 Audi S4
    2003 BMW M5
    2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro
    2010 Ford Shelby GT500 (I know that TDM already made on but the one he made was from 2005)
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
    2009 Honda Fit Sport
    2009 Scion xD
    2013 Hyundai Veloster
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI MK6
    2005 Scion tC
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria (needs to be ported from Driver: SF)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67

January 2012
    43 Posts
    All of those are awesome but I was hoping for less sporty cars and more casual cars like Crown Victorias or something like that
    Also, here are some cars that fit the RP cars style. All cars are available in Forza 4.

2004 Audi S4
    2003 BMW M5
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro
    2010 Ford Shelby GT500 (I know that TDM already made on but the one he made was from)
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
    2009 Honda Fit Sport
    2009 Scion xD
    2013 Hyundai Veloster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    589 Posts
    Also, here are some cars that fit the RP cars style. All cars are available in Forza 4.

2004 Audi S4
    2003 BMW M5
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro
    2010 Ford Shelby GT500 (I know that TDM already made on but the one he made was from)
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
    2009 Honda Fit Sport
    2009 Scion xD
    2013 Hyundai Veloster
    Awesome cars, and i think we also need BMW M3 E92 (2008) and Scion tC (2004)
    And moar sportcars - Ferrari 458 Italia, Mercedes-Benz SLS, Nissan Skyline R32, etc.

29. Post #69
    November 2011
    74 Posts
    All of those are awesome but I was hoping for less sporty cars and more casual cars like Crown Victorias or something like that
    TDM ports cars from Forza 4, he does not model them. I think the Crown Victoria isn't available there. He can port it from Driver SF though.

EDIT:
    Awesome cars, and i think we also need Scion tC (2004)
    Added.

30. Post #70
    May 2011
    98 Posts
    TDM ports cars from Forza 4, he does not model them. I think the Crown Victoria isn't available there. He can port it from Driver SF though.
    TDM put this picture in his op, clearly he is working on a crown vic.

31. Post #71
    November 2011
    74 Posts
    TDM put this picture in his op, clearly he is working on a crown vic.
    Which is ported from another game.

32. Post #72
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    If you're not taking requests, than that's fine;

but can you do the cars from GTA SA when you get a chance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Which is ported from another game.
    Interior is from Driver SF and the exterior from NFS HP. Driver wasn't released when I started so I just ported the interior later on. The NFS models are mostly easier to work work as the materials can be extracted from game files where as I need to rip them "directly from my screen" in Driver SF. Some textures do mess up in this process and the models are messed up but can be fixed.

Also about the GTA SA cars, I think this already has been done by someone. Maybe Sgt.Sgt?

34. Post #74
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Interior is from Driver SF and the exterior from NFS HP. Driver wasn't released when I started so I just ported the interior later on. The NFS models are mostly easier to work work as the materials can be extracted from game files where as I need to rip them "directly from my screen" in Driver SF. Some textures do mess up in this process and the models are messed up but can be fixed.

Also about the GTA SA cars, I think this already has been done by someone. Maybe Sgt.Sgt?
    Sgt.Sgt did the GTA IV cars

35. Post #75
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    I would like to point out that all your skin# .vmt files bumpmaps for the ferrari512tr point to the file models/tdmcars/ferrari512tr/skin_nm, which does not exist.

36. Post #76
    Sgt.Sgt did the GTA IV cars
    I'm sure he didn't do all of them though, right? The car pack looks like its missing a few vehicles in my opinion but I don't know which one. Maybe I'm just used to seeing lots of the same cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    I would like to point out that all your skin# .vmt files bumpmaps for the ferrari512tr point to the file models/tdmcars/ferrari512tr/skin_nm, which does not exist.
    My bad, it does this on a few other cars too. It should read it from the shared folder instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    November 2011
    74 Posts
    TDM, are you going to release a tutorial on how to port cars from Forza 4?

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    589 Posts
    Agreed. And from Forza 3. That will be very useful for Gmodders.

40. Post #80
    To be honest I'd rather not. Forza 4 and 3 are basicly the same but this really isn't just something you'll learn in a day or 2. As you might know, I've been doing this for more than a year and I'm still learning things. It takes quite a while to understand how the vehicle system works, sure you can do it quicker by just getting the very basics but if something fucks up, you'll have no idea what to do. So what do you then, well how about spamming me with questions about it? Believe it or not, but I do have other things I'd rather do.

This is not as easy as it seems, but it is possible to learn yourself by simply looking at examples and googling whatever you can't find. It's all out there. I learned it all without asking for help, I did get a few tips from Master Chris regarding bodygroups but that was pretty much all the help I ever got.

And trust me, it will not be useful for Gmodders in any way. Sure you'll have releases more often but you will also have many more cars with errors, bugs and glitches because the uploader is probably too lazy to figure what's causing the problems. Sure, I'll help people if they've tried first, but unfortunately most people don't even try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)