1. Post #1
    bbc
    ERECT PENIS
    January 2011
    6,281 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    here we go again, escentially patenting "glasses with functions"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,254 Posts
    What I love about these glasses is that they're not just an idea, they're actually testing them, in practics. There's physical alpha (or beta?) builds of them. It's actually real.

I said this in the Google section, but I'll say it again:
    I love this era of technology.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,405 Posts
    Apple this year - Patents a bunch of crap to prevent Google from getting profit off of Android (and they also released yet another iPad)

Google this year - Patents a completely new, innovative product that they're actually working on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,286 Posts
    Good. I want to see this happen with contact lenses as well. Assuming they do it correctly with glasses first.

6. Post #6
    Garry doesn't deserve a penny of my money
    October 2008
    1,166 Posts
    Apple this year - Patents a bunch of crap to prevent Google from getting profit off of Android

Google this year - Patents a completely new, innovative product that they're actually working on.
    I wouldn't exactly call the idea of augmented reality glasses new or innovative. The idea has been around for decades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,405 Posts
    I wouldn't exactly call the idea of augmented reality glasses new or innovative. The idea has been around for decades.
    An idea, remember. The fact that it exists as a reality and not an idea is new.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,286 Posts
    This is another reason why patent law needs reform.

9. Post #9
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Apple this year - Patents a bunch of crap to prevent Google from getting profit off of Android (and they also released yet another iPad)

besides google is also working on a lot of cool shit like the self drivable car etc. Google is a good example of company using it's success to actually innovate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    641 Posts
    I can finally strut around shouting "my vision is augmented".

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,074 Posts
    Oh crap they're beating Valve to the wearable-computing punch with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)