1. Post #1
    September 2010
    676 Posts
    So I was cleaning out my computer in anticipation for D3, and I don't have any compressed air or anything so I used a hairdryer but my processor was covered in dust and I didn't want to remove the case in fear that I would break my computer, so I blew on it really hard instead and it removed most of the dust but I'm afraid I got spit in it. Would it affect it? It seems to be running fine.

I don't have too much experience with computers, so that's why I did not want to remove the fan on the processor. Also I'm not even sure if any spit did get into the processor.

If it's running right now, it should be okay right?

I am not a smart man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Im Dallas Powers
    June 2010
    1,732 Posts
    Wait a Hair dryer? And what?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,583 Posts
    You spit on your processor?

The hair dryer, unless I'm mistaken, shouldn't blow air out that's hot enough to affect the processor that gets really hot itself.

And spitting on it shouldn't hurt. But I don't know how you spit on it.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,542 Posts
    You spit on your processor?

The hair dryer, unless I'm mistaken, shouldn't blow air out that's hot enough to affect the processor that gets really hot itself.

And spitting on it shouldn't hurt. But I don't know how you spit on it.
    Hairdryers can get into 150c+ temperatures, technically enough to cause damage to your cpu. (but realistically not).

You probably only got spit in the heat sink on top annyway so dont worry about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)