People seem to really enjoy anything about DayZ. Whether they're endlessly playing the zombie survival mod, watching Let's Plays, or devouring any scrap of information on it. In order to aid you in your Chenarian adventure, I am here to help you get your footing in this Slavic nightmare. The mod is like a an hero simulator because in order to get with your friends you have to kill yourself several times. Down below I will you show you a way to get weapons real fast.
Get the DayZ mod! http://www.dayzmod.com - ArmA 2 & Operation Arrowhead required to play. Also go here for the most help www.tiny.cc/dayzhelp.
A bit more on how to survive:
- No one you meet is friendly, or at least most of the time. Sometimes you will come across players that will want to do what you want to do, survive. Sometimes bandits do the same thing because they killed some new player that wasn't a bandit but shot at them.
- The makarov is your best friend when you spawn use it wisely, because ammo is rare. Unless you hop servers all the time and search the same buildings, but in order to survive its best to find another pistol or gun. The PDW (Mac 10), Glock 17, and the M1911 are more common now.
- Whenever possible avoid tents in the middle of a field or road, most likely a sniper with night vision is watching and they will shoot you. So steer away from them or look around for the sniper.
- This game is like Metal Gear Solid you have to sneak around zombies, I don't care if you have the best guns the zombies will kill no matter what, crouch walking near infested areas is the best.
- Stay away from the top of hills and open fields unless you must go into the field to get to where your going.
- Whenever possible, avoid traveling on pavement. Asphalt and similar surfaces cause significantly more noise and will quickly draw the attentions of undead friends. When in heavily infested areas, crouch walking will usually allow you to get around most of the Zombies, but beware your fellow man nonetheless.
- When being chased go inside houses because they walk inside of houses rather then run so it allows you to recuperate and also you might find some useful things like food and ammo.
- Travel with friends you actually know you will survive on long journeys unless your a sniper.
- It's best to shoot everyone you see because you never want to take the chance to walk over to some guy and end up being dead, if you do want to then it's probably best just to go to the menu and click the respawn button because your going to have to do that in the next 30 seconds.
- The Winchester 1866 is the best weapon and probably the most common along with Stnd Mags for primary weapons. The Winchester 1866 is incredibly accurate up to 200m with slugs rounds and sometimes up to 150m with pellets.
- Never pick up silenced guns because they are no good because they need special mags, makes sense I know huh because a gun that's silenced used a different type of bullet.
- Before traveling I would rampaged the town you spawn at because there is a hunger, and water counter so stock. I usually carry two canteens with me, so I always have some spare water, just in case. Similarly, learn which inland cities have fountains that can be used for refilling. Ponds are another option currently.
- Night time is best for traveling and due to the Day/Night cycle operating in real time on a local basis, you should always be able to find a server that is day.
- Blood transfusions can only be administered by other players. Bring your own friends, otherwise, you'll need to find wild animals, kill them, use a Hunting Knife to Skin them, a Box of Matches to start a fire, and cook the meat. Each piece will give you 800 blood. (A cow gives 6-8 pieces.)
- Vehicles are repaired piece by piece. Engine Parts will fix the engine, Fuel Parts will fix the Fuel Tank. Depending on the sort of vehicle, you'll need anywhere from 2 to 4 tires, and full Jerry Cans will replenish the fuel proportionately. They'll fill a motorcycle fuel tank much more a Blackhawk chopper, obviously. Look up Goonbus Dayz to see an actual bus working, drivebys are also possible if you have a car or a bus.
On the map down here it will lead you straight to the airfield and will lead you to most dangerous place but the most loot.
Here are some moments and gameplay about the mod that make it thrilling and fun.
Series that we've been trying to start.
Feel free to leave any questions in the comments below! I'll be happy to answer any you may have. Otherwise, please browse your answers, I will try to answer your questions at any time I'm on the fourms.