1. Post #161
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Whats a good webm hoster? puush appears down at the moment, and I'm not going to risk my Dropbox account with garry's auto-play bullshit
    can't you just put it on nullular.com

Edited:

ooof page king, have some content: http://codepad.org/ytBv4UwR

Edited:

this one might also give y'all a thrill: http://codepad.org/gqoOMXZV

Edited:

my personal favourite: http://codepad.org/jgg9NrKu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 20Programming King Programming King x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    May 2010
    5,411 Posts
    ooof page king, have some content: http://codepad.org/ytBv4UwR
    How... I dont even...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I thought we've been over this.
    Yes, we did go over it, and we established that anyone who included loud pointless irritating music in their webm videos was a douchebag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Follow me on GitHub!
    June 2011
    2,101 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    December 2007
    236 Posts
    It looks like most of these issues come from Marmalade failing to set the correct GLES context.

And then it goes:

Which also explains the debug screen showing while the actual game is all black (until it exits).

I gotta investigate these context issues. Marmalade 5.2.4 supposedly fixed them, but I guess not.

Edited:

Do you mind if I post your log on the Marmalade developer forums?
    Don't mind at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #166
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    980 Posts
    Just to clarify, I assume the *(pi+1) increases pi and points to b (isn't memory assigned backwards normally? that is from high address space to low) and then sets its value to (int)3.14 (floored to 3).

7. Post #167
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    (isn't memory assigned backwards normally? that is from high address space to low)
    yeah the x86 stack grows downwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    980 Posts
    What is the reason they made it descend?

9. Post #169
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    What is the reason they made it descend?
    it's x86, nobody has a clue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 23Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    980 Posts
    Also, a doesn't need to be volatile.

11. Post #171
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

12. Post #172
    April 2007
    1,157 Posts
    I don't want to spam my Youtube account with what are essentially short GIFs for WAYWO
    Unlisted?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

13. Post #173
    I gave ••••• enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,425 Posts
    I just fucking FIXED the damn depth testing issue by just moving one line 5 lines down. Just that after messing with matrices and vertices for many hours.

Now i can actually start working on a better map generating, point sprites, collision, lighting, player, GUI, menus and all kinds of cool stuff.

Edited:

I have now separated the controls from the camera to a player class, took a while to figure out how to send variables to each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

14. Post #174
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    I just fucking FIXED the damn depth testing issue by just moving one line 5 lines down. Just that after messing with matrices and vertices for many hours.

Now i can actually start working on a better map generating, point sprites, collision, lighting, player, GUI, menus and all kinds of cool stuff.

I've been working on getting fonts to render in an efficient way for days now. Hopefully I won't be sick of C++/OpenGL when I get it to work properly. Looking forward to creating a GUI of some sort afterwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #175

April 2012
    87 Posts
    bonus realtime version of that video i posted on the last page (warning: requires oracle® java™)
    http://synthiac.net/stuff/tetra.win32.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    December 2009
    1,122 Posts
    Oops I'm late but:

Rating winners of the last thread.
    So most of my posts were either wrong or not programming :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 11Artistic x 5Agree x 1Informative x 1Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,563 Posts
    bonus realtime version of that video i posted on the last page (warning: requires oracle® java™)
    http://synthiac.net/stuff/tetra.win32.rar
    Is stuff like this more often done with realtime beat detection, or are the timings hardcoded? I'd assume the latter because the demo only has to work well with that one song, and it cuts out the fact that beat detection is rarely perfect.

18. Post #178
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Computer Science at school:

5% programming, 95% this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic x 13Dumb x 3Agree x 3Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    July 2007
    53 Posts
    Phone picture beats screenshot when you need to tell a story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

20. Post #180
    April 2010
    2,361 Posts
    Computer science at my school:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,502 Posts
    Computer science at my school:
    I was waiting for an image to load for a good few seconds there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    May 2010
    1,425 Posts

5% programming, 95% this:
    [dicks]

5% do something with Office, 95% play games on Facebook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Phone picture beats screenshot when you need to tell a story.
    Also I was too lazy to take a screenshot and paste it into paint and then save it onto my usb-drive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #184
    ASK ME ABOUT MY PLAYBOOK INSTEAD OF COLLEGE
    April 2011
    1,626 Posts
    New version: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Phyzicle3.apk

[release]It should now work for all you guys that reported a black screen/crash/nothing happening![/release]

For the guys with the screen corruption, I'll look into it. I believe it might just be your old device, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

25. Post #185
    July 2007
    53 Posts
    Also I was too lazy to take a screenshot and paste it into paint and then save it onto my usb-drive
    Just want to point out that you copy and pasted a throbbing member 14 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    May 2010
    1,425 Posts
    Oh man, seeing this makes me happy

Upgrading the map generator also allowed to have a maximum map size of 342x341, that's one wider that the last one! Though depending on the amount of wall pieces generated, this much can crash because the vertice list getting too big.

Now just to figure out how to flip vertices 180 degrees around to make a roof.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,159 Posts
    Just want to point out that you copy and pasted a throbbing member 14 times.
    Tiled background.

Edited:

Oh man, seeing this makes me happy

Now just to figure out how to flip vertices 180 degrees around to make a roof.
    I think you just need to set y/z (what ever is the up vector) to -y/-z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    July 2007
    53 Posts
    Shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    May 2010
    1,425 Posts
    I think you just need to set y/z (what ever is the up vector) to -y/-z
    -snip. fixed-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

30. Post #190
    April 2010
    2,361 Posts
    Got back to work on my 3d opencl renderer

Objects are now asynchronously added during the runtime of the program - memory is allocated for the size of all the triangles currently in any object being rendered to the scene, this is all copied onto the graphics card, and then the current engine memory pointer is updated (mutex lock to prevent awful things from happening) to the new memory. The old memory can then be freed asynchronously as well, after this

This essentially means that adding new objects to the scene won't cause any delay whatsoever to the running of the program (though may take several frames for the actual memory itself to be allocated, and the object to be drawn to the screen). Also, because the memory new memory has to be allocated while the old memory is still present, this means that you are wasting a load of memory while transferring the two. I can't think of a way around this though at the moment

Currently though, I am very lazily getting around to implement a system to pass textures to the program. Unfortunately opencl is not a fan of being passed arrays of Image2ds, though perhaps i can pass a 3d texture that is actually the 2d textures on different layers - each layer being an object ID (or a variation of that).

I'll get around to it at some point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #191
    September 2011
    320 Posts