1. Post #41
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,175 Posts
    Working on my final project.
    Which is a pretend program written in a pretend language with pretend syntax for a pretend situation with pretend variables thrown into the pretend situation.

But I'm being for real graded on this, I don't get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

2. Post #42
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    Using the trig I've learned over the past couple of weeks (late to the party ). Just a timer.

AND A RADAR!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Late Late x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts

So that took a while to do.
    The way the moon is orbiting look odd, as in it should orbit counter-clockwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I think it's just that it should be rotating faster?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    January 2010
    75 Posts
    After working on my own camera in processing I decided to try to fix my collision system and some how I break something else.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    August 2009
    1,005 Posts

So that took a while to do.
    The moon should be orbiting about 9 times faster than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    April 2012
    18 Posts

I think everything is right for the most part now. The orbits were in the wrong direction and the scales are wrong because the sun is really big.
    The moon orbits around the Earth about 13 times a year, which is what is shown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Programming King Programming King x 3 (list)

9. Post #49
    Programming King and Most Patient Member 2013
    December 2008
    1,196 Posts
    So I added block placement :3

Still not added DDA for the intersections, I'm just taking the hit ray back a step and using that block. Also, my terrible wood texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,941 Posts

[h2]Highlights[/h2]

icantread49 posted:

Speaking of path tracing, I did a small path tracer a while ago:
    Now just wait a hot second- null get's a highlight for something he reposted from several threads ago, which was in reference to something I was working on?

you actually had to edit my picture out of his post to do that

I'll remember this, turb. No one makes a fool out the guy with the fleshlight avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #51
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Now just wait a hot second- null get's a highlight for something he reposted from several threads ago, which was in reference to something I was working on?

you actually had to edit my picture out of his post to do that

I'll remember this, turb. No one makes a fool out the guy with the fleshlight avatar
    i was just going by whatever looked cool in fp_images

Edited:

sorry mate!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,941 Posts
    You have made an enemy in me, sir!

No seriously I just thought it was odd/funny, no hard feelings :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2008
    131 Posts
    i was just going by whatever looked cool in fp_images
    That leaves out any webm videos people posted :(

Though I guess that makes the front page less of a CPU killer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #54
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,618 Posts
    That leaves out any webm videos people posted :(

Though I guess that makes the front page less of a CPU killer.
    But...but. WebM Videos :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #55
    September 2011
    181 Posts
    LEGO Racers texture modding:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 5 (list)

16. Post #56
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    LEGO Racers texture modding:

Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts

I think everything is right for the most part now. The orbits were in the wrong direction and the scales are wrong because the sun is really big.
    The moon is actually locked facing the Earth, so if ever you invent objects themselves rotating, not just orbiting, keep a note of that.

Also if it interests you, it'd be really cool if you made it to scale, then just zoomed out a lot. You wouldn't be able to see the planets well, though. But hard sci-fi rocks.

I like space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts

The Orbit of the Moon is Convex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    That makes sense, I forgot the Earth was spinning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    The moon is actually locked facing the Earth, so if ever you invent objects themselves rotating, not just orbiting, keep a note of that.

Also if it interests you, it'd be really cool if you made it to scale, then just zoomed out a lot. You wouldn't be able to see the planets well, though. But hard sci-fi rocks.

I like space.
    Oh wow. I never realized the outer gas giants were that outer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #61
    September 2007
    580 Posts

Yay Networking!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,506 Posts
    Only because the radius of the Earth's orbit around the Sun is so huge compared to the radius of the Moon's orbit around Earth, that it comes out like that. If the Moon's period was shorter, or it was further from the Earth, this wouldn't be the case. Since in damnfan's simulation, it is much further from the Earth, the path of the moon is represented correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #63
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    997 Posts

I keep seeing these planetary simulators with orbits and whatnot.
    What are the major forces that apply and how could I calculate them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

24. Post #64
    April 2010
    2,325 Posts
    Gravity - generally calculated as:

Gravitational_constant * mass1*mass2/(distance*distance)

But this looks to be planets rotating on a fixed loop, rather than an actual gravitational simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,432 Posts
    Finally finished that assignment. Feels good to finally hand it in and get it off my mind!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Programming King Programming King x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,067 Posts
    Gravity.
    For a simple approach, for every pair of bodies, the force is applied towards one another. You can find the formula online.
    For each body you add those forces up (as vectors) and then add force/objectsMass to the body's velocity.

I think.

Physics...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

27. Post #67
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts
    Oops I'm late but:

Rating winners of the last thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 4Informative x 2Late x 2Useful x 2Programming King x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    October 2009
    1,936 Posts
    CC="gcc -mno-cygwin -g"
    CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin -g"
    # So libgc configure gets -mno-cygwin
    export CC
    export CXX

What the fuck mono? That's exactly the kind of thing you don't put in autotools configure scripts, what idiots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,691 Posts
    I regret installing Linux on my other PC, I can't do anything useful anymore. I'm going to reinstall Windows on it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,484 Posts
    I regret installing Linux on my other PC, I can't do anything useful anymore. I'm going to reinstall Windows on it now.
    This isn't true and why didn't you do the intelligent thing and dual-boot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Zing Zing x 4 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,067 Posts
    This isn't true and why didn't you do the intelligent thing and dual-boot?
    Because changing his mind on everything is what he does best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Zing Zing x 21Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    That's a little off topic for WAYWO, and ironic considering Linux makes a great programming environment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 15Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,691 Posts
    That's a little off topic for WAYWO, and ironic considering Linux makes a great programming environment.
    Yeah I know right? But some school-work and stuff especially power point presentations could not be opened with LibreOffice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Yeah I know right? But some school-work and stuff especially power point presentations could not be opened with LibreOffice.
    So the only thing Linux was useful was opening power point presentations? What.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Don't give up that quick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #76
    I gave enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,404 Posts
    I got a better map generating working on my 3D thing, generating a 200x200 map contains 60082 map pieces and 719088 vertices, im not sure if that's quite large yet, since my FPS is a smooth 60. I also haven't yet fixed the depth buffer error, as you can see here.

Someone could help me fix the depth buffer in http://www.facepunch.com/threads/116...1#post35794249

And in case someone cares, the maximum map size is 341x341 pieces. Thats 2,085,366 vertices. Damn thats alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

37. Post #77
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,131 Posts
    Well then use OpenOffice, geez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,533 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,618 Posts
    Hey guys, I thought this was the best place to ask: I'm trying to make a Twitter client for Chrome, and Chrome extensions are just HTML pages. I found that open source client, and it looks very promising, so I decided to try to work based on it.
    Thing is, I know absolutely nothing about anything related to coding, in any language. Could someone help me with the forking process listed here? http://www.nonblocking.io/2010/08/fu...d-running.html

I know this sounds stupid (but it probably is) but I want to learn how to do these HTML/CSS things
    What are you intending to do in this?
    (I hope for own soul that it is not ideas guy)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #80
    September 2008
    182 Posts

Ahhh, finally I got animations working!

Is this a space game? I love space games. What's the plot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)