1. Post #2201
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,185 Posts
    The difference between the frametimes of 6000FPS and 7000FPS is 1/6000 s - 1/7000 s = 1/42000 s ≈ 23.8s

Microseconds.

Edited:

Oh god I was so late

at least I had more numbers than the others I guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2202
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,360 Posts
    It seems my frametime is .15 millisecond on average. Is there something like a guideline or average i can compare it to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,497 Posts
    It seems my frametime is .15 millisecond on average. Is there something like a guideline or average i can compare it to?
    Well using my training in maths I can tell you that's a bit faster than .16 milliseconds and a little slower than .14 milliseconds.

for reference, 60 frames per second is 16 milliseconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,012 Posts
    My frametime is 0.01-0.03
    I'm not sure if it's just the fact that my computer is slow or if I'm doing something horribly wrong

Edited:

To tell the truth, I've written most of my code for storing, updating, and drawing entities over the past ~2 years, mostly by figuring everything out as I go along

I honestly have no idea if I'm doing anything right, but it works (ish)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

5. Post #2205
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,486 Posts
    My frametime is 1.6e-14
       hours   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #2206
    Hates php
    May 2006
    2,415 Posts
    Working on a program to broadcast to all LoL practice games. I really need to utilize more accounts. My connection can handle the bandwidth but the server limits the rate per user. So after joining about 50 rooms it starts lagging behind. What really sucks is I am forced to receive all the presences. Which after joining 50 rooms it starts to really pile up. Xmpp muc (or at least LoL's) is really freaking slow. Even without spamming it still ends up lagging behind when doing too many operations at once.

Code:
    Messaged Room 54/313 (Error: Owner privileges required) (lovetupepa's game)
    Messaged Room 55/313 (Success) (darknesskrull's game)
    Messaged Room 56/313 (Success) (Aram Winter 30)
    Messaged Room 57/313 (Error: Owner privileges required) (xunnn's game)
    Messaged Room 58/313 (Success) (ZenFishy's game)
    Messaged Room 59/313 (Retrying) (gunarmor79's game)
    Messaged Room 59/313 (Success) (ARAM 30+ Toast)
    Messaged Room 60/313 (Success) (B52 BOMBER's game)
    Messaged Room 61/313 (Retrying) (EnigmaDreamer3's game)
    Messaged Room 61/313 (Success) (Adoneus's game)
    Messaged Room 62/313 (Success) (Skeletore's game)
    Messaged Room 63/313 (Success) (InfamousErick's game)
    Messaged Room 64/313 (Retrying) (kamus08's game)
    Messaged Room 64/313 (Success) (mightymousecw's game)
    Messaged Room 65/313 (Success) (Xx ACTIONOWL )
    Messaged Room 66/313 (Retrying) (Pinkie Pie Power's game)
    Messaged Room 66/313 (Success) (LegitimateWalrus's game)
    Messaged Room 67/313 (Success) (10~20gogo(10+ plz)
    Messaged Room 68/313 (Retrying) (gunarmor79's game)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Starting to work on my deferred renderer again now that the semester's over. Haven't had time to even look at it for the past few months. Trying to get position reconstruction from depth working. It's not, but it sure looks pretty.

FYI, I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #2208
    October 2011
    948 Posts
    Isn't the whole point of udp to just disregard what is lost and work with the rest?
    I am torturing myself by rolling my own reliable UDP layer. For me, I want to send reliable UDP packets and still have the ability to fire and forget some other packets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2209
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    I don't have a frametime. I'm still in preproduction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2210
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,751 Posts
    My frametime is something like 0.001 - 0.003 ms and then I'm rendering about 100k vertices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

11. Post #2211
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,125 Posts
    Well using my training in maths I can tell you that's a bit faster than .16 milliseconds and a little slower than .14 milliseconds.

for reference, 60 frames per second is 16 milliseconds.
    .16 ms is not the same as 16 ms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Croatia Show Events Informative x 17Agree x 9Funny x 1Programming King x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2212
    Person
    June 2008
    5,639 Posts
    When did he say it was?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #2213
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,507 Posts
    Why, that's very observant of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,125 Posts
    Why, that's very observant of you.
    His post was worded in a weird way so I wanted to stop any confusion.
    Otherwise the guy might thing that .15ms frametime is almost at the cap when it's ~16ms from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

15. Post #2215
    July 2009
    7,306 Posts
    I am torturing myself by rolling my own reliable UDP layer. For me, I want to send reliable UDP packets and still have the ability to fire and forget some other packets.
    Do something like source, it has a reliable databuffer which you can send data over the network that will be guaranteed to be received in order, and an unreliable databuffer, for the data that can be missed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #2216
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,507 Posts
    His post was worded in a weird way so I wanted to stop any confusion.
    Otherwise the guy might thing that .15ms frametime is almost at the cap when it's ~16ms from it.
    Yeah, I know, I was just taking the piss :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #2217
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,110 Posts
    Prepare a new thread, it's the 1st of June.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,498 Posts
    Prepare a new thread, it's the 1st of June.
    oh, damn. I forgot to post content again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2219
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,123 Posts
    $20 an hour for a good programmer is an insult
    How much do you guys earn? I only make like 2700$ (converted from ; without taxes). That's about 16$/hour

Edited:

I am only 20 though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

20. Post #2220
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    How much do you guys earn? I only make like 2700$ (converted from ; without taxes). That's about 16$/hour

Edited:

I am only 20 though.
    $30 an hour internship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #2221
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,497 Posts
    I'm earning -3,000 a year, go tuition!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2222
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts

Fuck yeah! My obj loader now outputs triangle fans for faces with polygonal vertices!
    I ended up having to rewrite nearly the entire loader to do so, but it's far neater now with proper names and subdivided functions etc, so worth it.

Edited:

Actually, I think I've implemented everything needed to load the 'basic' Sponza Atrium model...

Oh hell yes.

Edited:

As a side note, those distortion show up when I view that particular file in a proper obj viewer, so I think I might have a duff model. It's not my fault!

Edited:

Actually.... I wonder...

C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #2223
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)