1. Post #1121
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    FP Programmers group has been compromised.
    Austech becomes chat-mod

Invites everyone to chat.

Suddenly thousands of announcements.

Conclusion: this is all Overv's fault.

PS:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1122
    July 2007
    981 Posts
    I can post and delete announcements. Is that the same for everyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #1123
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Is it just me, or are pages 27 and 28 not loading?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1124
    May 2010
    5,384 Posts
    Is it just me, or are pages 27 and 28 not loading?
    just you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #1125
    ASK ME ABOUT MY PLAYBOOK INSTEAD OF COLLEGE
    April 2011
    1,616 Posts
    left the group
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1126
    August 2009
    1,025 Posts
    I made my physics box debug pretty, look
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #1127
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    FP Programmers group has been compromised.
    I took roughly 50 screenshots of the FPP chatroom and I will be making When I'm FPP v2 very soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #1128
    July 2009
    6,009 Posts
    I can't join because I don't have any games on my Steam because I only joined to play TF2 when i became free.

We should have an IRC channel instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Uruguay Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

9. Post #1129
    October 2011
    943 Posts
    I've been working with Parrot VM for some time, and Winxed seems like a really nice language to program shit in, especially considering that anything I write can be used by all Parrot languages.
    But I was wondering, is this a good or bad way to write a help display function?
    Code:
    function displayHelp( string app )
    }
       print( app );
       print( " usage: [OPTIONS]\n" );
       print( "\n" );
       print( " GENERAL USAGE\n" );
       print( "--help\t\t-h\t\tDisplay this message\n" );
       print( "--verbose\t-v\t\tShow whats going on\n" );
       print( "--root [PATH]\t\t\tUse PATH as root, instead of /\n" );
       print( "--temp [PATH]\t\t\tUSe PATH instead of /tmp\n" );
       print( " COMMANDS\n" );
       print( " -install [TARGET]\n" );
       print( " -remove [TARGET]\n" );
       print( " -search [TARGET]\n" );
       print( " -update\n" );
       print( " -upgrade [TARGET]\t\tupgrade all packages, or TARGET\n" );
       print( "\n" );
    }
    That } at the beginning of the function is bugging the hell out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #1130
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    I can't join because I don't have any games on my Steam because I only joined to play TF2 when i became free.

We should have an IRC channel instead.
    I would chat the SHIT out of that thing! Please!
    I'm mostly on Linux, and using Steam isn't exactly my favorite thing, but IRC's can be accessed anywhere, be that through CLI, GUI, phones, web browsers.. If anyone could set that up, I'm in.

That } at the beginning of the function is bugging the hell out of me.
    I changed it, just for you :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1131
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    I can't believe this actually worked

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 6Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1132
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I can't believe this actually worked

and then everyone leaves

i kid   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1133
    July 2009
    7,200 Posts
    I'm making an IRC channel on gamesurge, one for just FPP and one for the bots that we'd probably end up making for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #1134
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Do it on freenode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

15. Post #1135
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Freenode would be better...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1136
    July 2009
    7,200 Posts
    Aight. I'll do it on freenode. I'm coding an OP bot for the fun of it, too. It'll have Lua plugin support! <3

Edited:

#FPProgrammers
    and #FPPBots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #1137
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #1138
    July 2009
    7,200 Posts
    on irc.freenode.com

Edited:

:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #1139
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Turb should port JSOS to it.
    how good is the hardware documentation for the RPi?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

20. Post #1140
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    You have to be a big company to get the datasheets, as they're bound under a NDA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1141
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Try these: 1, 2, 3.

Edited:

(4)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #1142
    July 2009
    6,009 Posts
    I expected to get less agrees for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Uruguay Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1143
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    10,711 Posts
    Wanted to post this somewhere at least:

Making an IRC client, not very far yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

24. Post #1144
    September 2011
    181 Posts
    Spent the last 5 hours straight (it's now 5:17AM) working on a web-based Portal 2 level viewer. Each tile is a <div> with CSS3 3D transforms applied. Conversion of p2c (the level format) to the <div>s is handled by PHP on the server-side. Transformations are applied with javascript to save on bandwidth usage.
    A more elegant solution would be to transmit all the level data as JSON and construct the DOM client-side. I might implement that later.

Obligatory "Hi FP" pictures:

Edit: Works on the Android Chrome Beta too :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 36Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1145
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,408 Posts

Gauntlet 4 for the Genesis has a password system that keeps track of a lot of things, so the resulting string is pretty long and tedious to enter every time you start up the game. Robot fixes this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1Programming King Programming King x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #1146
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    I'm making an IRC channel on gamesurge, one for just FPP and one for the bots that we'd probably end up making for it.
    Didn't everyone decide that no one wanted to use IRC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1147
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Didn't everyone decide that no one wanted to use IRC?
    But it's superior to steam chat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1148
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,828 Posts
    Yeah, all that tumbleweed really beats steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 10Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1149
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Try these: 1, 2, 3.

Edited:

(4)
    I found this though link #1 which looks pretty useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    Didn't everyone sane decide that no one wanted to use IRC?
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1151
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    You're just power hungry, you don't want to give away control

you have issues
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #1152
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    You're just power hungry, you don't want to give away control

you have issues
    While this is true, we did have this IRC discussion the other day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1153
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,487 Posts
    While this is true, we did have this IRC discussion the other day.
    IRC is superior, it doesn't depend on one program like Steam, I don't have to be in windows or have WINE installed to get to it and I'm already using IRC for other channels.

There isn't a unanimous verdict.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

34. Post #1154
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    IRC is superior, it doesn't depend on one program like Steam, I don't have to be in windows or have WINE installed to get to it and I'm already using IRC for other channels.

I agree with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #1155
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts

I know the benefits of IRC, dood. But I'd rather have an active Steam chat than an IRC channel that dies within the month (you know, like pretty much all the other channels we've had) just so a couple of Linux users can join. That FPPCoders channel or whatever lasted a while before we moved to Steam.

Why do you people insist on moving about so much? Now I have to have FPP, BetterFPP and now this open?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #1156
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    I know the benefits of IRC, dood. But I'd rather have an active Steam chat than an IRC channel that dies within the month (you know, like pretty much all the other channels we've had) just so a couple of Linux users can join. That FPPCoders channel or whatever lasted a while before we moved to Steam.

Why do you people insist on moving about so much? Now I have to have FPP, BetterFPP and now this open?
    All the cool kids will be at IRC. You're one of the cool kids, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1157
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,838 Posts
    May I ask what you guys are using to record or convert files to webm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #1158
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    May I ask what you guys are using to record or convert files to webm?
    miro video converter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1159
    usa
    anarchisticstudios
    December 2011
    2,250 Posts
    miro video converter
    ew no use ffmpeg, much easier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1160

April 2012
    87 Posts
    ew no use ffmpeg, much easier
    miro is an ffmpeg frontend with zero encoder configuration except for codec. i wouldn't say ffmpeg is easier, but it's certainly what you should be using if you want control over quality/compression/whatevs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)