1. Post #2961
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Is it just me or do poisoned weapons not have any affect on my enemies while on horseback? I'm trying to assassinate someone by running in on my horse and slicing them with my enchanted, poisoned sword but it seems to do no poison effects. None. Their skin just turns the appropriate color and nothing happens. No damage (besides the damage that hitting them with a sword does). I've tried frostbite spider venom, paralysis, and regular poison and nothing has any effect.
    I have that problem with regular combat. Poison is pretty much useless. Paralysis however, that was always a fun potion to fool around with. Pickpocket people with it and watch them freeze and tip over. Friggin hilarious!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2962
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    I was still able to take out my target. A certain fireball flew toward her from the mountains, hehehe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2963
    May 2012
    50 Posts
    god-fucking-dammit I WANTS TEH DLC fer skyrim
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #2964
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,577 Posts
    I've also had a weird bug with my 460 where my performance in all games goes down dramatically, after I restart it's fine.
    I get something similar with my 560. My game performance just tanks and I have to restart.

I did a check in my gfx-card monitor program and it said that I was running at half clock-speed. (Which is what happens when your card idles, it clocks down when it's not being used). It seems to get stuck in idle mode every so often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #2965
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    Ok, so it seems stamina potions don't work on horseback either. I'm going to assume potions in general are completely broken when on horseback.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #2966
    October 2011
    375 Posts
    I get something similar with my 560. My game performance just tanks and I have to restart.
    I noticed the same with my 560, but alt-tabbing out of and back into the game resolves it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #2967
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,142 Posts
    Unrelated comment.
    Holy fuck Markarth is CRAZY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2968
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,605 Posts
    So I was walking to Ald'Ruhn from Caldera when I helped a naked Nord fight a witch to get back his axe. I managed to pickpocket the axe while the witch was knocked out. Unfortunately that didn't end combat with the witch who kept chasing me all the way to past a paralysed Nord. Then a Cliff Racer flew down and killed me in one hit.

I reload my new quest save, this time kill the witch and then go to help the paralysed Nord, who gave me a hat. In victory, I put on the hat and admired how silly it looked on my character. Then a Cliff Racer flew down and killed me in one hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #2969
    October 2010
    7,391 Posts
    I have that problem with regular combat. Poison is pretty much useless. Paralysis however, that was always a fun potion to fool around with. Pickpocket people with it and watch them freeze and tip over. Friggin hilarious!
    I remember first using paralysis. In cloud ruler temple, I was looking through my expelled and discovered lovers kiss, something I had forgotten about. Deciding to try it out as it didn't damage, I used it on Baurus I believe. It started with him sat on a chair eating with the other blades. He then turned green and began to fall sideways into his chair, as he completed a full rotation the effect wore off and he clipped into his chair and screamed in pain as he died. Still flaing the other blade began to stare. Baurus then popped out of the chair and landed on the table, knocking of a fair amount of food. The other blades carried on eating for a bit until they all stood up simultaneously , screamed murder! And transformed into to blade armoured guy and tore me apart. A few were killed by other blades. After I died the survivors sat back down and continued eating until Martin walk in and said "Oh!" before turning around and leaving.

End scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #2970
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    So while I was doing some misc quests, I noticed that I had Call Dragon. Thing is though, I haven't gotten that far into the main quest (I'm only up to the part where you decide    Paarthurnax's fate   ), could it possibly be a Workshop mod that gave me Call Dragon?

11. Post #2971
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    So while I was doing some misc quests, I noticed that I had Call Dragon. Thing is though, I haven't gotten that far into the main quest (I'm only up to the part where you decide    Paarthurnax's fate   ), could it possibly be a Workshop mod that gave me Call Dragon?
    That's when you get it or have you not decided    Paarthurnax's fate    yet

12. Post #2972
    October 2009
    9,189 Posts
    That's not technically part of the main quest. It's related, but not really part of it.

...Well, for me it wasn't.

13. Post #2973
       Hircine's Daedric Quest in the prison   
    That's Falkreath.

Proving the point of the cities not being memorable, i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #2974
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    That's when you get it or have you not decided    Paarthurnax's fate    yet
    I downloaded a mod that let him live, but also kept my friendship with the Blades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2975
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    That's Falkreath.

Proving the point of the cities not being memorable, i guess

I know it was Falkreath. I just assumed he'd be smart enough to know that I was talking about Falkreath. I thought it would be pretty obvious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2976
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    Are there any mods yet that add new major questlines?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2977
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,773 Posts
    Anyone know any good blood/gore mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2978
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,099 Posts
    Hey guys.

I'm hoping to do a computer upgrade this week because of Skyrim. I can already run the game on ultra settings with a smooth framerate, but I start to have performance problems if I try to add a few graphics enhancements. So yeah, I think an upgrade might be due

My current system:

Intel Core i5-2400 3.10Ghz
    8GB Ram
    GTX 560 1GB Graphics card

Would I benefit most from upgrading to a card with more memory? Any suggestions? Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #2979
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,896 Posts
    Hey guys.

I'm hoping to do a computer upgrade this week because of Skyrim. I can already run the game on ultra settings with a smooth framerate, but I start to have performance problems if I try to add a few graphics enhancements. So yeah, I think an upgrade might be due

My current system:

Intel Core i5-2400 3.10Ghz
    8GB Ram
    GTX 560 1GB Graphics card

Would I benefit most from upgrading to a card with more memory? Any suggestions? Thanks
    Try this before you drop any money.
    http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:D...ture_Overhauls
    It might help.

Edited:

Also, to answer your question, you're going to want to upgrade your GPU first. HD texture packs take up a lot of VRAM so you should look at cards that have 1.5GB or 2GB VRAM.

20. Post #2980
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts

I know it was Falkreath. I just assumed he'd be smart enough to know that I was talking about Falkreath. I thought it would be pretty obvious.
    I did know.
    That's fine, I'm in a habit of fiddling around with wording ages after I actually make a post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #2981
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Anyone know any good blood/gore mods?
    Download Crimson Tide. But not now. Skyrim Nexus is down for a scheduled site code switch.

22. Post #2982
    December 2009
    2,998 Posts
    Why is my Skyrim updating?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

23. Post #2983
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Because it wanted to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #2984
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,127 Posts
    for some reason my game likes to take almost 5 minutes loading into a new area, as in it lags like a motherfucker for a few minutes after it finishes loading. And I have no idea how to make it not do that >:

25. Post #2985
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    15,864 Posts
    I liked Falkreath :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

26. Post #2986
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    I re-forested the area around Falkreath. But I couldn't upload it. It was another guy's work that I continued. But he has the file so he can update, but he hasn't updated yet.

It's been a week.

27. Post #2987
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,737 Posts
    I liked Falkreath :c
    I went there twice for the daedric quests and never came back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2988
    October 2010
    7,391 Posts
    Never been to Morthal, Falkreath or Dawnstar for more than around ten minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #2989
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    The cities in Skyrim are lacking in ambience and atmosphere. In Oblivion, people would be actively talking to each other, and there would be a lot more people.

30. Post #2990
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,737 Posts
    Is the nexus going slow for anyone else? Also, the page seems a bit buggy after the update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

31. Post #2991
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Is the nexus going slow for anyone else? Also, the page seems a bit buggy after the update.
    Well, they did just finish changing the server code, I'd give it a while to get up to speed. They're probably doing a test run as well, so it's definitely going to be slow for now.

32. Post #2992
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,655 Posts
    Not gonna lie, first time I was at Morthal it was actually quite plesant. A soft evening snow then coming to a small settlement in the middle of the wilds. Felt cool.

Of course said settlement doesn't actually have much going for it, but it has a nice sense of atmosphere there the first time you visit it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #2993
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Yeah, there are times where the current time of day and weather make for a pleasant, or beautiful scene. I had a screenshot of such an occasion, but it got deleted when I was clearing my screenshots folder a while ago.

34. Post #2994
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,896 Posts
    I am now convinced that Wrye Bash is the best thing ever.

Edited:

Never been to Morthal, Falkreath or Dawnstar for more than around ten minutes.
    I ended up spending a lot of time in Falkreath when I was a member of the Dark Brotherhood.

All three of those cities are sure as shit better to spend a week in than Markarth, though.

35. Post #2995
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Falkreath is one of my favorite places, the woods are really awesome. It's all natural and beauty.

Small little town, I just wish that there would be more stuff to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2996
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,577 Posts
    Falkreath is one of my favorite places, the woods are really awesome. It's all natural and beauty.

My new house mod is in Falkreath.

Shamelessselfpromotion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2997
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I would use the mod if I could
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

38. Post #2998

Falkreath was always my starting area. Fuck tha main quest.

39. Post #2999
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Next on my list of mods to do: A ghost town with a really deep / large crypt. A few floors will have ENEMY OVERLOAD. Certain spaces will have a trigger that when you pass through it, skeletons will be everywhere. They won't be hard, but there will be a giant smash-fest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #3000
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,326 Posts
    So what's the general opinion of the Elder Scrolls Online?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)