1. Post #4201
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts
    Tried out skyrim online, I really don't think they are going to get far. Players walk around and stuff but that's really as far as it goes. It spawns player npcs in your location and they move around, beyond that everything is still client-side.

I mean, I think they *could* pull off a smaller coop mod, but to actually launch this into an MMO? I don't think so. Not to mention the fact that skyrim as an MMO would be very questionable.
    I thought I saw combat though in the videos on the workshop page?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4202
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,427 Posts
    Skyrim Online is doing a better job than most TES multiplayer mods so far, I really hope that later on they'll make some sort of online co-op version you can run locally with your friends... assuming it runs on a single server right now, which seemed to be the case, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah well, it's still in alpha by the looks of it and they've done a pretty decent job so far I'd say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4203
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,525 Posts
    I mean, I think they *could* pull off a smaller coop mod, but to actually launch this into an MMO? I don't think so. Not to mention the fact that skyrim as an MMO would be very questionable.
    i thought just making it coop would be what they were going for
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4204
    : |
    February 2009
    3,618 Posts
    Any recent news on Dawnguard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4205
    August 2006
    3,427 Posts
    Vampires canceled, gonna be about a society of spriggans and some arsonists fighting them now.

Ranamed to Barkguard 360 exclusive for 3 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #4206
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    i thought just making it coop would be what they were going for
    Nah, checked out the forums and it doesn't seem like it is planned, ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4207
    : |
    February 2009
    3,618 Posts
    Vampires canceled, gonna be about a society of spriggans and some arsonists fighting them now.

Ranamed to Barkguard 360 exclusive for 3 months.
    Fuckin A I'm gonna roleplay as an environmentalist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4208
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Holy cow, just heard the Reprise version of Nerevar Rising for the first time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4209
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,540 Posts
    Holy cow, just heard the Reprise version of Nerevar Rising for the first time.

In glorious HD for all of facepunch to hear it with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #4210
    October 2009
    8,978 Posts
    Fuckin A I'm gonna roleplay as an environmentalist.
    What's funny is if you try to do the The Blessings of Nature quest, you can't do the peaceful option without hurting the tree first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4211
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,092 Posts
    where does shadowmere go if I start using another horse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4212
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,648 Posts
    where does shadowmere go if I start using another horse?
    Why would you use any other horse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4213
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    Are I the only person in the world who plays morrowind?

Doing the main quests and gonna complete it.

But hunted in Vivec so I cannot sell or buy anything at all!

I hate that there are no way to get magicka, I want a mana rape spell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #4214

August 2011
    5,969 Posts

Doing the main quests and gonna complete it.

But hunted in Vivec so I cannot sell or buy anything at all!

I hate that there are no way to get magicka, I want a mana rape spell.
    Use enchanted items with cast effects, way more useful than casting your own spells because they recharge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4215
    August 2006
    3,427 Posts
    Well this is kind of a silly question, ain't it?

I'm gonna get back to Morrowind once I'm done with Drakensang, and maybe play some more with my new mage in Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4216
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,589 Posts
    I recently went back to playing Morrowind after realising i never actually beat it, or even got like, halfway through the main quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4217
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts

Mask hunting is fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4218
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,092 Posts
    Why would you use any other horse?
    If I was more into being an evil SOB i'd use him more often, for now though I prefer using one of the horses from Windhelm.

Edited:

Mask hunting is fun
    I still think they remind me of Bionicle masks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #4219
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    It just pisses me off that you have to finish the main quest to get one of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #4220
    I had intended to research where they might lie in game.

Clearly I was naive to presume Bethesda would allow for any method beyond buying the guide, looking on the internet or just mindless dungeon crawling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4221
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,466 Posts
    I play Morrowind completely vanilla once every year pretty much. I do everything i can every time and i usually end up with a few hundred hours played whenever i am done. Morrowind is full of so much awesome loot, it's crazy. I still have a really old screenshot of the first character i ever played. The picture makes me want to replay the game whenever i see it. Massive nostalgia attacks.

Such a shame i lost that savegame a few years back. That is such a tiny fraction of the loot too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 26Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #4222
    October 2009
    8,978 Posts
    As of now, I'm trying to figure out why Skyrim keeps CTDing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4223
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,593 Posts
    It just pisses me off that you have to finish the main quest to get one of them
    its not like beating the game quit any quests so whats the deal?

24. Post #4224
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    It usually leads to character conflicts. Sometimes I make every day average joe characters. If I wanted one of them to be a dragon priest mask collector he'd have to become the badass dragon slaying dovahkiin god blah blah. It just kind of breaks the roleplay feel imo.

On the topic of Morrowind, I think both it and Oblivion had one thing Skyrim doesn't. That thing is placing of loot you find. Remember placing all your items in Morrowind? Yeah, that's badass. It's not as good in Skyrim because of the physics. Your items also will likely move from their place in Skyrim. Not to mention in Morrowind you could just click somewhere on the screen and it would place it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4225
    October 2009
    8,978 Posts
    Facepunch has a thing against the main quest in Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4226
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,301 Posts
    I just came back from getting the first Wuuthrad fragment, but Athis and Torvar went full retard and started attacking me, so Farkas had to put them down:

I didn't do shit to them as far as I know. Maybe it's a bug? Anyone experienced something similar?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4227
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,593 Posts
    Facepunch has a thing against the main quest in Skyrim.
    and everything else with skyrim but yet people enjoy it

28. Post #4228
    June 2012
    5,585 Posts

Dat dynamic snow and deferred cloud rendering

look at how that sun beautifully backlights the clouds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4229
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    I play Morrowind completely vanilla once every year pretty much.
    Such a shame i lost that savegame a few years back. That is such a tiny fraction of the loot too.
    I wish they never got rid of right and left armor pieces and pauldrons, Made dressing up your dude so much more fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4230
    November 2009
    8,750 Posts
    I wish they never got rid of right and left armor pieces and pauldrons, Made dressing up your dude so much more fun.
    I think we can all agree that, for aesthetic and roleplay purposes, simplification of armor sets was a bad decision.

For console-oriented gameplay, simplification of (in my opinion) a very complicated armor system, and time constraints, it was a very good decision.

For all practical intents and purposes, though, there's probably a technical reason. I'd imagine that, if you had all these pauldrons and left greaves and right gloves and third shoes and whatnot, you'd run into a lot of clipping errors. I have no idea how they dealt with that in Morrowind, but the system obviously either didn't work or was too much work to bring over to Oblivion.

Skyrim's armor system was just retooled to account for the laziness of gamers, moreso I think on Consoles (Because, on average, Console gaming mentalities are drastically different than PC gaming mentalities) than on PC, but present overall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4231
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    Totally unrelated discussion, but am I the only one who finds Oblivion's lockpikcing mingame to be fucking insanely easy?

I need to break about 5 lockpicks to pick a master lock in skyrim with absolutely no lockingpicking skill, but I can bomb through a very hard lock in oblivion without breaking a single pick pretty much every time. Every time I start a new chracter in oblivion I go straight to the arena district and steal from the betting box because it's basically free gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #4232
    April 2012
    122 Posts
    I was dissapointed how in Skyrim you couldnt choose your pants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #4233
    June 2012
    5,585 Posts
    I wish they would patch in seasonal foliage already like we saw in game jam. Daggerfall was so damn immersive (aside from the awesome music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5yjeIgijw) partly because the seasons actually changed as time passed, so it made the repetitive world feel less static. Skyrim just has regions and climate types which, is pretty much how 90% of games do it.

I want it to snow in whiterun and cover the ground and roofs, that little stuff would make the game so much more awesome imo.

And yes, Oblivion's lockpicking is insanely easy.

34. Post #4234
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    Is there any fix for that odd gray-skin mismatch bug? I found the best face replacement I've ever seen but it has that weird gray tinge and no real texture when I use it in game.

35. Post #4235
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,903 Posts
    does anyone know a mod like this?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14819

but one that is actually a mod

36. Post #4236
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    Is there any fix for that odd gray-skin mismatch bug? I found the best face replacement I've ever seen but it has that weird gray tinge and no real texture when I use it in game.
    Faces need to have their tonemaps exported. Select the NPC from the list in the CK, and hit Ctrl + F4. It'll ask you something about exporting textures, say yes.

Edited:

Looks like DaggerXL got an update a few days ago. I hope it's playable, I lvoe daggerfall but fucking hate the hassle of using DosBox. Also daggerxl looks visually awesome.

http://xlengine.com/?page_id=50
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #4237
    June 2012
    5,585 Posts
    God I want that to be finished so bad. Since he's combining all his projects into one layered engine (kinda like zdoom for doom engine games) that means it will have networking support across the board since it's already in DarkXL - so eventually we might see daggerfall coop :)

And I remember how awesome it was downloading the first build that had full terrain support in and seeing this:

It really has a lot of potential.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4238
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,548 Posts
    Yeah and some of the hardcore daggerfall fans are making some amazing high resolution sprite retexture mods.

Give DaggerXL and it's community a few years and you'll see an incredible piece of work surpassing even the morrowind overhaul project.

Edited:

Hell, since when did this exist?

http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN

Daggerfall in a ready to go .exe. Just click and play for those of you too lazy to do the old dosbox method

Should put that shit in the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #4239
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,525 Posts
    I was dissapointed how in Skyrim you couldnt choose your pants.
    yeah, next elder scrolls game you will probably only get to chose between armor (which includes gauntlets and boots) and helmet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #4240
    October 2009
    8,978 Posts
    So, I keep on getting a CTD when playing Skyrim, at random...

Active Mod Files:
    00 Skyrim.esm [CRC: C665FD56]

01 Update.esm [CRC: 412D96FB]

02 BlackreachRailroad.ESM [CRC: 278431EF]

03 WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm [CRC: 5641193A]

04 Omegared99-Compilation.esm [CRC: BD9649DF]

05 SkyMoMod.esm [CRC: 9F451F82]

06 DeadlySpellImpacts.esp [CRC: 6772D0DC]

07 DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp [CRC: A555B898]

08 Dwemer Spectres.esp [CRC: 12DA3132]

09 BlackreachRailroad.esp [CRC: 69601D4C]

0A DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp [CRC: 1AFC0F7A]

0B Higher Bounties Hold Specific.esp [CRC: 5FEC8E64]

0C CraftTakesTime.esp [CRC: 2AEAF51A]

0D Spells Cast Light.esp [CRC: 685CD09B]

0E GM-HMSPotions3SecsWeighted.esp [Version 1.0] [CRC: 246381FB]

0F Shrine of Azura LOD Fix.esp [CRC: 1783B140]

10 Duel - Combat Realism.esp [CRC: 761D16CD]

11 Uncle Sheo.esp [CRC: 68AE88EF]

12 Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp [CRC: F21B45B6]

13 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.0] [CRC: B5101243]

14 mm_BeluaSanguinareRevisitedStaminaSprintDrain.esp [CRC: AC9B3494]

15 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.0] [CRC: 19C5A389]

16 The Dance of Death.esp [CRC: 27E86DC7]

17 ancientnordheroarmor.esp [CRC: F8A851F6]

18 higherlevelenemies.esp [CRC: 6A346F84]

19 lore renamed races.esp [CRC: 8BB12F09]

1A quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp [CRC: E3AE0B05]

1B quest_nomercy.esp [CRC: 3D82CCD0]

1C quest_seaofghosts.esp [CRC: 2337025A]

1D quest_thebiggertheyare.esp [CRC: 04209B3C]

1E Unique Region Names.esp [Version 2.1] [CRC: 6FADC47D]

1F Omegared99-Compilation-NPC Plugin.esp [CRC: A9EC5B46]

20 Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp [CRC: F7CA0176]

21 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.0.2] [CRC: 487021F3]

22 RRMilitarizeSolitude.esp [CRC: A40B9696]

23 DragonHideRobeArmor.esp [CRC: 3E75DD1F]

24 banditraidsLite.esp [CRC: 58CC13E0]

25 Blacksmithforge water fix.esp [CRC: 25A1ED95]

26 enchantfreedom.esp [CRC: 85CB1DAE]

27 imperialguardupdate.esp [CRC: 070402E0]

28 racialxpandskillbonus.esp [CRC: 19C0BB4C]

29 realrainbwvanilla.esp [CRC: 0AB69479]

2A sos - the dungeons.esp [Version 1.11] [CRC: 671D3FD5]

2B sos - the wilds.esp [Version 1.0.2] [CRC: B2DAAE8C]

2C voidcraft_housecarls.esp [CRC: 9707D13B]

2D RealisticCarryWeight.esp [CRC: 4D273A54]

2E SkyMoMod_lists.esp [CRC: 40A1A8F6]
    I've been disabling mods left and right until only the ones that I truly care about (okay, a few more than that) are left.... STILL crashes.

Any idea whatsoever?