1. Post #3081
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    Someone suggest some non-graphical mods for Skyrim, feel like getting back into it.
    If you're looking for mods, a good starting point is the STEP project, they've introduced a few good mods to me, especially if you want a more vanilla groundwork to build off of.

Your best bet is to just poke around on the Workshop and on the Nexus and see what floats your boat, really. Everybody's tastes are different.

Edited:

It says the install folder thing is an issue with UAC, but that can usually be fixed by running the program as admin or disable UAC, I tried both, but it didn't work. So may it be an issue with the mods I have installed or may it be the fact that I am running on an OS in a different language than the languages supported for Skyrim?
    I don't know how to help you there, sorry.

Edited:

My mod? :3

Also, look for magic overhaul mods. Those can be good fun.
    What ENB mod is that?

Edited:

Also, RCRN + More Dynamic Lights mod makes Dragonsreach look very imposing at night.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #3082
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,596 Posts
    Hey guys, ASIS 1.0 just got released on the nexus. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18436
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3083
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,108 Posts
    TES VI Preview part 1: Com(bo)bat
    The announcement can be read here.

"Unexciting and unrealistic combat has always been one of the major flaws in the TES series. Sure [TES V] made a lot of improvements, but somehow something was still missing. Once we had finally found what was missing it was just a matter of streamlining. Streamlining, God I love that word."
    - Todd Howard, executive producer

Bethesda recognizes that the melee combat in the TES series was generally dull and uninteresting. "Skyrim already had realistic deaths in the form of finishing moves which will naturally be kept. Now it was our duty to find the combat-equivalent of a finishing move." says Todd. The talented executive producer claims that the combat in the games was unrealistic because it always used the same animation. According to him it is a lot more than that: "When you are in a battle and you punch someone then you aren't going to punch him in the exact same way again 5 seconds later. No, you would follow up with as many punches as you could. Those follow-up punches are called a 'combo' , and they can be broken by your opponent depending on his combobreaker level." claims Todd Howard who is clearly speaking from experience.

Due to these 'combos' combat on the Summerset Isles will -at least visually- be a lot more exciting than previous TES games. The new combo animations are really beuatiful to watch. "It makes the combat feel a lot more intuitive. We were still worried that the player would be intimated by the complexity of mashing these buttons so we found a solution to that. Whenever the player makes 5 combo-hits in a row there will be sparkles followed by a deep voice yelling "Combo!". This is all just to let the player know that he's a good boy." -Todd Howard

Pete Hines (Public Relations) laughs away the fans worrying that TES VI has become an action game instead of an RPG: "It is like with fast travel. We do not force you to use it, do we? Sure, if you do not want to get killed you'd better use it, but our older fans are smart they will find a way around that. Don't like it, don't use it."

Our next installment will focus on the gameword and how Bethesda has masterfully streamlined it. "A sword is a sword and who cares if it is iron or steel?" - Todd Howard, executive producer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

4. Post #3084
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    Time for me to update again, d'oh. There's been 3 new ACE versions in the past week and a half, now a new ASIS version. I'm surprised my saves still work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

5. Post #3085
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,018 Posts
    I finally got the morrowind graphics extender to work and i jizzed all the way to red mountain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #3086
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    Hey guys, ASIS 1.0 just got released on the nexus. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18436
    What makes this worth getting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #3087
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,873 Posts

That looks really cool.

Infact, i think it may make it worth playing Skyrim again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

8. Post #3088
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    What makes this worth getting?
    "The main features of this include;
    - Fully customizable spawn levels, including all added mods without any compatibility issues.
    - NPC's have spells they meet the skill requirements for - including missing vanilla spells and spells from other mods.
    - Customizable AI, soon to have an override feature to preserve full compatibility with other combat mods.
    - NPC's now have potions, in fully customizable rarity levels."

Since it's a patcher, it has less compatibility issues with other mods.

9. Post #3089
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    I'm not sure I see the appeal. I'll get it anyway and see for myself.

10. Post #3090
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    Main thing is it makes combat more interesting. There's 2 halves to improving combat: Improving the base mechanics like e.g. Deadly Combat does, and improving the enemies e.g. Deadly Dragons. This makes humanoid enemies (anything that can use potions and spells) more intelligent and deadly, and allows customisation of spawn rates of all creatures.

11. Post #3091
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    What is spawn weight? Like, the amount of junk enemies spawn with?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #3092
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    First time i've ever had problems with bandits at any level was with this mod; their archers do well at staying out of melee range, and their spellcasters make more use of healing and ward spells.

Edited:

What is spawn weight? Like, the amount of junk enemies spawn with?
    That varies how many of them spawn. I'm not sure how to explain it perfectly, but each spawn condition has a certain chance of occurring, weighting is one way of doing that.

13. Post #3093
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    So it's the amount of variance in the spawn numbers allowed?

14. Post #3094
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    Something like that.

"Increased Spawns:
    Spawn weights in the Increased Spawns ini are direct weightings. They currently add up to 400, but do not need to by any means. If you have a weighting of 30 and a total number of 600, there is a 5% chance of that specific weighting to happen, for example. The defaults are;
    Default Spawn Weights:
    0 Extra - 50% (200 weight)
    1 Extra - 37.5% (150 weight)
    2 Extra - 8.75% (35 weight)
    3 Extra - 2.5% (10 weight)
    4 Extra - 0.75% (3 weight)
    5 Extra - 0.5% (2 weight)
    All the rest -> 0%, 0 weight."

15. Post #3095
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,776 Posts
    Holy shit I didn't think this would be out for a long time!

Edited:

I'm not sure I see the appeal. I'll get it anyway and see for myself.
    The thing about ASIS is that it's basically an overhaul mod like Francesco's for Oblivion, except super compatable with mods.

The main features and things it does or plans to do in the future is

1. Increase and adjust leveling of spawns, totally customizable. Certain areas will have certain types of enemies, harder enemies, etc. Last I checked at least

2. Adds potions, even mod ones, to NPC's, and they use it

3. Better enemy combat AI

4. Adds all spells, including modded ones, to NPC's, when appropreate

It's basically a mod that takes all your current mods and makes them all work together in a seamless, customizable, improved skyrim experience and gives all the capabilitiies you can do as a player with mods, to the NPC's as well. If you've played PISE, this is basically that except now its compatable with everything (pretty much).

There's still a lot more planned, I'm pretty sure, but the main features involve being able to adjust how the spawning system works to whatever your liking, better comabat AI mechanics, etc.

16. Post #3096
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,447 Posts
    I hope to god you are not planning on using magic then.
    I simply cannot use magic without mods anymore, the magic in Skyrim is just so horrible.
    I've always been a melee character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #3097
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,422 Posts
    Is there a mod that lets you restart all the quests but allow's you to keep original race, spells, level, stats, ect?

18. Post #3098
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    Jesus, that ASIS mod actually makes stealth difficult. Do you know Valtheim Towers, that tower and that bridge on the road between Whiterun and Riften, with the bandit that tries to extort you? I just tried to sneak by that guard, very carefully, and it was really close. I had to sit dead still in the dead of the night, unable to see her, listening carefully as she tried to hunt down a deer. It was fun.

I'm going to have to make a new Khajiit thief character in light of this.

Edited:

Is there a mod that lets you restart all the quests but allow's you to keep original race, spells, level, stats, ect?
    In other words, a new game plus?

19. Post #3099
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,020 Posts

Got back into Morrowind, rose colored glasses are off:

What I love:
    -The ease of getting equipment if you know what you're doing. Practically no leveled lists. (Merchants sell what they sell. Steel and even higher is easy and feasible to get at level 1.)
    -The lack of hand-holding and compass.
    -The simple, clunky menus.
    -No fast-travel to tempt me.

What I forgot that I hate:
    -The animation LODs. The thing where the further away you are, the more simple animations get until characters are basically teleporting. Nothing seems to tweak this and it looks horrible.

-Graphics Mods:
    -- Fucking with what's not broken. (Trees in Balmora. Swords looking like shit after new meshes.)'
    -- Claiming to work well, ending up with 25FPS on a great system while using their mid-range recommendation.
    -- More Trees (why the fuck)

Still, excited to start over. You may call me dirty, but I do use a mod that increases the leveling rate. In this fast-paced, instant-gratification world; I don't plan to spend months on this game to get somewhere; nor do I want to power-level or put effort into it. Seriously, a little 3x - 5x increase in leveling makes the game much faster and easier to romp around it.

20. Post #3100
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,873 Posts
    I've always been a melee character.
    Battlemages are the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

21. Post #3101
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts

Also, RCRN + More Dynamic Lights mod makes Dragonsreach look very imposing at night.

I can't find a mod on the Nexus called More Dynamic Lights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Thailand Show Events

22. Post #3102
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    I can't find a mod on the Nexus called More Dynamic Lights.
    I apologize, it's actually More Dynamic Shadows.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8262
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #3103
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,774 Posts
    This image looks so bizzare, like someone cursed half the keep with darkness divided by a single line.

Also, are there any good Argonian-friendly heavy armor mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

24. Post #3104
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Thanks. It's a pity the Nexus is funky right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Thailand Show Events

25. Post #3105
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    What's this RCRN thing? Tried searching for that, didn't find anything.

Unrelated, but is the Nexus running shit slow for anyone else?

Edited:

Only just noticed the first 2 braziers don't emit light :c

26. Post #3106
    March 2011
    4,221 Posts
    TES VI: Summerset Isles announced!

Bethesda Softworks has, to the joy of countless fans from all over the world, finally unveiled their latest project. We bring you the first information about this new ambitious game. (Please refer to our earlier article Worlds at home for information about the TES series.)

Taking the leap

"One of the things that always bothered us about the series was the complexity. Options lead to inequality and our games would be better off without that. So what could we do about this problem? Doesn't an RPG require choices? The solution we found is both satisfying and innovative. We have taken the leap."
    - Todd Howard, executive producer

Todd Howard claims that despite continued attempts to fix the problem the TES series are still too complex. Players are flooded with choices and consequences of actions they could not even remember having done. "What we needed was what I call a 'player profile'. We know that many of our older fans like to roleplay, and we have given them just that in a new but more rewarding fashion." claims Todd.

The executive producer proudly showed us something revolutionary called 'player-profiling'. This new technique analysed the feedback Bethesda was given about earlier games, and thus produced a 'player profile'. These profiles showed what characters the average fan wanted to roleplay. Bethesda Softworks acted accordingly and thus in TES VI everyone will be roleplaying the same characters. "I just wanted to clarify that this does not include apperance. Players can still choose a race and gender. In fact we have more customization options than ever including chest hair. Instead we have streamlined the game by merging more skills together to create three distinct characters that players will be able to roleplay. This way players will not be intimidated by the amount of choices. Skyrim was already a step in the right direction as it removed classes which were limiting. Classes simply caused confusion, I mean who wants to play a nightblade? (laughs)" - Todd Howard

These 'player profiles' are the reason why there will be no more skills in TES VI. Instead players will level automatically at various fixed points during the storyline. After leveling-up they will then be able to put points in one of the 3 attributes (Combat, Magic and Stealth). Putting points in one of the attributes will ,however, lower the other two which makes 'dual-classing' nearly impossible. " 'player-profiling' Showed that the majority of our fans wanted to play as either a warrior, a mage or a thief. They do not want to play as a battlemage so we decided not to annoy them with needless additional options." - Todd Howard.

Of course we had to ask if this would not limit the roleplaying options too much. Luckily Pete Hines (Public Relations) assured us that that would not be the case. "You can always imagine that you are playing a battlemage, right? Use some scrolls and pretend you are casting spells. Imagination, isn't that what roleplaying is all about?"

Stay tuned for another exciting installment because next week we will delve deeper into TES VI's combat. Todd already stated that we will get to use combo moves by smashing random buttons fast enough.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened. In the GameJam video they tossed out so many different ideas for the perk system(They even look a lot better) and merged the classes all into one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #3107
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    What's this RCRN thing? Tried searching for that, didn't find anything.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/180
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #3108
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,306 Posts
    Anyone know a console command to force Farkas into his human form? He's bugged out on Dustman's Cairn and I can't progress any further because of it :/

29. Post #3109
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    setrace nord might work, but i doubt it since it's probably some kind of scripting error with the quest

Edited:

also, you have to click on farkas before typing the command
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #3110
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,628 Posts
    are there any horror themed mods for skyrim?

31. Post #3111
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    are there any horror themed mods for skyrim?
    someone remade Castle Brennenburgh from Amnesia, but as far as I know it's totally empty so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3112
    November 2008
    113 Posts

Thought I'd post this here.

I'll explain, I was a little drunk, whilst on my laptop, so I figured it would be a great idea to try my hand at Skyrim............then I figured it'd be a better idea to make a video of it. In short, I'm a moron and thought you guys would enjoy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #3113
    : |
    February 2009
    3,678 Posts
    Fuck fighting these Draugr Deathlords in Skuldafn with 2000 health. I'll just Calm them all and walk on by.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

34. Post #3114
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,628 Posts
    someone remade Castle Brennenburgh from Amnesia, but as far as I know it's totally empty so far
    there were quite a few for oblivion im mostly waiting for skyrim ones

35. Post #3115
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,447 Posts
    That someone is me. It's mostly ambient, but there are monsters and a few bonuses in there.

36. Post #3116
    December 2009
    3,061 Posts
    I just got the Dwemer Museum key glitch on PC. I remember my friend had it on Xbox. But ive never seen it being on PC before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

37. Post #3117
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,422 Posts

Edited:

In other words, a new game plus?
    Yes, exactly, is there a mod out there that lets you do this?

38. Post #3118
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    Guys :

- Enhanced Blood Textures

- Crimson Tide Blood

I can't manage to choose. Enhanced Blood Textures seems more detailled and less " i spurt some photoshop brushes here and there " but i dunno.

39. Post #3119
    January 2012
    187 Posts
    I'm having an issue with Skyrim's new kill cams not showing up.

Think anyone could help me with this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

40. Post #3120
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,108 Posts
    Guys :

- Enhanced Blood Textures

- Crimson Tide Blood

I can't manage to choose. Enhanced Blood Textures seems more detailled and less " i spurt some photoshop brushes here and there " but i dunno.
    Get crimson tide. Enhanced blood textures looks terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)