1. Post #6681
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    i think a purchasable blink would be a good idea

and the positioning-dependent AD carries with no innate flash would need tweaks to compensate (not sure how)

Edited:

or just make all of the other summoner spells come up to flash's level somehow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6682
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Why did they remove Yordle Stompers again? Seemed like a really good idea in my book.

ghost is still better on a lot of champions, like olaf, vlad, mundo and renekton
    Singed, Kass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #6683
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    Especially when Flash has been nerfed an absurd amount times. They've decreased the length it goes, they'd doubled the cooldown, they've removed it being able to destroy projectiles.
    This was more a bug or something, but was, overall, unintended in the design. It did this. They left it. Then it was used an absurd amount for this end. Flash was only created to be an instant reposition spell. It ended up being far too easy to throw yourself over walls to escape, and that you could also dodge a spell such as Ryze's Q meant you were both unkillable and a total menace with Flash up. The [comparatively] low cooldown of Flash also meant it was used in situations that didn't necessarily require it left it completely abused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #6684
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Old Flash could destroy something like Brand's ult. Oh the rage..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #6685
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,935 Posts
    Flash is a horrible design, but you can't remove it now. It would fuck up the game.

Edited:

Old Flash could destroy something like Brand's ult. Oh the rage..
    Brand wasn't released when you could do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6686
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    i said "something like"

meaning something of vast importance to the champion and his ability to massively deal damage in a teamfight, could simply be destroyed by flash

7. Post #6687
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    i said "something like"

meaning something of vast importance to the champion and his ability to massively deal damage in a teamfight, could simply be destroyed by flash
    Likewise, a character has the ability to deal massive damage, but needs Flash in order to coordinate it. (Galio, Nunu, Morgana)

8. Post #6688
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    Likewise, a character has the ability to deal massive damage, but needs Flash in order to coordinate it. (Galio, Nunu, Morgana)
    Galio doesn't need Flash, the entire purpose of his Q and E is for initiation. Speed boost from E puts him in position, Q slows the carry (Or carries) to trap in his ult. The only reason people do take Flash on Galio is because said carries will have Flash as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #6689
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts
    Flash is a core summoner spell for both of those champions. How OP does that make them now?
    its not 'core' on ezreal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #6690
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    Galio doesn't need Flash, the entire purpose of his Q and E is for initiation. Speed boost from E puts him in position, Q slows the carry (Or carries) to trap in his ult. The only reason people do take Flash on Galio is because said carries will have Flash as well.
    But since everyone runs Flash/has a gap closer, they'll run when you QE. Flash ulting brings a surprise factor to avoid any on hit CC and allows you to be useful after ulting by slowing the remainers and speeding up your carries.

11. Post #6691
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,964 Posts
    Lubu Jarvan...

Besides the stupid fucking Teemo skin the new stuff seems pretty awesome.

12. Post #6692
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    its not 'core' on ezreal
    It's too high on the recommendation list for someone who basically already has a flash. The only reason why Kass doesn't need it is because his blink has a ridiculously low cooldown for what it does.

13. Post #6693
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,831 Posts
    you just proved why flash is bad design
    now tell me, when did I say I wasnt trying to

Edited:

Flash is a horrible design, but you can't remove it now. It would fuck up the game.
    hit the nail in the head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #6694
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    Omigod I fucking love Vayne. She starts slow but after a while shit really starts happening. A Tumble+Condemn combination to pin someone to a wall is so damn... satisfying hnnnng.

15. Post #6695
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    But since everyone runs Flash/has a gap closer, they'll run when you QE. Flash ulting brings a surprise factor to avoid any on hit CC and allows you to be useful after ulting by slowing the remainers and speeding up your carries.
    . . . Yeah but the argument we're having from the beginning here is that taking Flash out would fuck everything up. If the enemy doesn't have Flash, Galio wouldn't need it either thanks to his skillset, so as far as it can be concerned in Galio's case, it's a big "Who cares?". Actually it would almost be a buff for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #6696
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    There's also the fact that Nunu's ult wouldn't be simply dodged via flash. So although he might not be able to flash in in order to use his ult, he won't have to worry about everyone being able to just blink out of it when he does manage to get it off.

17. Post #6697
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,831 Posts
    you're taking a bunch of examples and using them as a reason to remove the most used summoner spell in a game with millions of players

the same game that becomes incredibly unbalanced if a champion has his damage slightly reduced or increased
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #6698
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,405 Posts
    nunu used to be able to flash during his ult channel ages ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #6699
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,145 Posts
    On the Flash discussion, I don't think my opponents have ever used it.

Edited:

Or they have and I just thought they've used something else. idk?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #6700
    V
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,266 Posts
    Is Akali's anyone else's champion? I've been playing for over two months and I've never once seen her. I bought her out of researching and watching a couple of videos.

21. Post #6701
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    On the Flash discussion, I don't think my opponents have ever used it.

Edited:

Or they have and I just thought they've used something else. idk?
    are you level 12 or lower? lol

22. Post #6702
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    Is Akali's anyone else's champion? I've been playing for over two months and I've never once seen her. I bought her out of researching and watching a couple of videos.
    She's still very strong, but she fell into the "omfg a nerf shes unviable forever!!1111!!1one" camp a little while ago and fell out of favour out of sheer rage and misinformation.

23. Post #6703
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,145 Posts
    no, i use it, i'm just saying i don't think i've ever seen anyone use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #6704
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,405 Posts
    akali is one of the few champs that hasn't been touched ever since she was released

for some reason

Edited:

nvm they actually did change her some
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #6705
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    they changed her during the varus update i think

26. Post #6706
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,405 Posts
    trundle hasn't been buffed/nerded since release tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #6707
    help me

"XXXX lane or afk"
    "report feeder for feeding & troll pick xd"
    "stfu i play what i want"
    "its k we dont need jungler"

Edited:

srsly, help me im dying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #6708
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    Just keep trying, man. Practice in normal games if you notice you fucked something up until you get it right.

29. Post #6709
    Just keep trying, man. Practice in normal games if you notice you fucked something up until you get it right.
    No, I win most normal games. For some reason I never get a team without someone starting a flame war in the chat after 5 minutes ingame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #6710
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,405 Posts
    might have something to do with you being under 1000 elo

can't really expect people to be good then

31. Post #6711
    November 2008
    302 Posts
    THE WORLD IS WATCHING

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #6712
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,186 Posts
    No, I win most normal games. For some reason I never get a team without someone starting a flame war in the chat after 5 minutes ingame.
    Try carrying hard

33. Post #6713
    I played with an Alistar that couldn't solo blue buff at Lv. 4.

(He died to blue buff)

34. Post #6714
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    might have something to do with you being under 1000 elo

can't really expect people to be good then
    It's pretty much just this. Go into games trying to be the voice of reason. Read random ELO Hell guides.

35. Post #6715
    October 2008
    1,803 Posts
    karma has only been buffed since release even if they weren't really AMAZIGN

she doesn't need buffs, people just don't understand the way you have to play her
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #6716
    It's pretty much just this. Go into games trying to be the voice of reason. Read random ELO Hell guides.
    Reponses I've gotten so far:
    stfu
    just play noob
    reporting ***

37. Post #6717
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    Reponses I've gotten so far:
    stfu
    just play noob
    reporting ***
    Shitheads will be shitheads. They'll listen to you more if you do well. The better your score the more respect you get, really.

Oh, and play/learn mid/jungle. Definitely the two more or most important roles, all depending who you ask. Mid can gank top and bottom lanes when possible, jungler keeps the pace of the game in your team's favour as much as possible. Top lane just sits in top all day and doesn't do anything for the team until late-game, and it's the laning phase that's most treacherous usually in lower ELO.

38. Post #6718
    I know, I main jungle in normal games when I play with friends, but because of my low ELO I'm last pick 90% of the games, which obviously forces me to play support everytime since noone else wants to play that role.

It's just a downwards spiral for me at this point.

39. Post #6719
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,186 Posts
    I know, I main jungle in normal games when I play with friends, but because of my low ELO I'm last pick 90% of the games, which obviously forces me to play support everytime since noone else wants to play that role.

It's just a downwards spiral for me at this point.
    I'm pretty sure that playing support in your elo range makes little to no sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #6720
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    You can kind of carry with an overuse of wards, pings, and so-on. Coordinate for objectives by keeping vision, use CV and when available, cast it so you can safely roll into the enemy jungle and stick them near buffs for the chance to steal them when an advantage opens up. Alistar is a strong pick since he can initiate a team fight and also anti-initiate a bad one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)