1. Post #1441
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    So when will the next thread be made?
    I'm still not sure what to do with my planet. It was made like two pages before the thread ended.

Could I have a go at a map?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2587/doctorsmap.png

That's how I'd see the map.
    Milkdairy already is making the next map right as we speak, you know...

2. Post #1442
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts
    Just a suggestion.

3. Post #1443
    March 2011
    1,220 Posts
    I think Rapist's map looks quite good, depending on the quality of milk's I don't think you guys should get to call all the shots.

4. Post #1444
    April 2012
    1,403 Posts
    Gamma Plasma's suns are the bests but Rapist's Is better than an orange 100x100 photoshop brush.

Anyway, Raga, fucking up with pixels ALWAYS involves shitloads of measurements calculations, why It would be harder to measure distance that your fleet can travel?
    Annoying but realistic and beficial If you're being sieged.

Oh, the players could also build fuel stations, that reduce that distance limit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1445
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,427 Posts
    I think, if we use a galaxy map, we need to include some of the old systems but with a few less planets.

Especially the one with Trantimir, I have big plans for that one.

6. Post #1446
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    We're not using the normal maps anymore.

We're using a modified version of the Galaxy system mixing Greg's and Banana's versions

Here's how it essentuially goes:

Scale 1 - Star map with a bunch of little dots with names that are Solar systems

Scale 2 - The Solar systems (Works just like the normal map, although the systems should not be SUPER BIG as there's going to be tons. You can create a system and add it to the star map.

Scale 3 - The Battle map which is in super zoom, with movement and range limits.

Normal movement is utilized inside systems, while on the star map you must use warp to travel between systems, and There's a 100 pixel per turn limit on warp speed to another system. (You don't have to show the location of your ships in the star map, just measure the distance and then delete the line, Etc.

In the battle map, there will be a 60 pixel per turn movement limit.

Weapons range will be the same, with Projectiles, lasers, and plasma at 200 pixels, and Torpedos/Missiles/Rockets at 300 pixel range (But they take 2 turns to travel the length and will chase the target any additional range they flee.)

7. Post #1447
    April 2012
    1,403 Posts

We're using a modified version of the Galaxy system mixing Greg's and Banana's versions

Scale 1 - Star map with a bunch of little dots with names that are Solar systems

Scale 2 - The Solar systems (Works just like the normal map, although the systems should not be SUPER BIG as there's going to be tons. You can create a system and add it to the star map.

Scale 3 - The Battle map which is in super zoom, with movement and range limits.

Normal movement is utilized inside systems, while on the star map you must use warp to travel between systems, and There's a 100 pixel per turn limit on warp speed to another system. (You don't have to show the location of your ships in the star map, just measure the distance and then delete the line, Etc.

Weapons range will be the same, with Projectiles, lasers, and plasma at 200 pixels, and Torpedos/Missiles/Rockets at 300 pixel range (But they take 2 turns to travel the length and will chase the target any additional range they flee.)
    Something inside of me tells that...
    ... Nevermind.
    I don't want any unprovoked bombardments.

8. Post #1448
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,907 Posts
    Shit , I missed a lot.

The funeral is tomorrow, I'll be back on Sunday.
    That's heavy stuff man.

Best of luck, and don't let his death get to you. I'm sure that's the last thing he would want.

9. Post #1449
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts

Like I said before man, if you want the next thread to be successful, you can't just decide on your own what to do.
    That doesn't mean that it's your system unless anyone else suggests a different one, it means that everyone gets a chance to vote if they even WANT this system.

I'll just make a vote right here.
    Agree - Use milkdairy and bananafoam's system.
    Disagree - Use old system until a new system is voted for.

I vote agree, it seems like a nice way to fix a lot of the problems we've been having.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1450
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts

Then my map could be one of the solar systems.

Also, weapon range should depend on the ship, people assign fair ranges to their ships. Movement speed aswell.

I don't want to disagree but I don't exactly agree with everything either.

11. Post #1451
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,478 Posts
    I don't like the radical changes we're making. The fact that it's one big map is the charm of this game, I don't think we should go around changing it a whole lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #1452
    April 2012
    1,403 Posts
    I didn't liked It either, I would only agree with the galaxy map and the system maps.

We couldn't even use the fuel thing, players just have to use their common sense.
    And damn, the battlemap? If those big fucking ships counts as planets, how the hell the battle Is supposed to engage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1453
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,427 Posts
    I didn't liked It either, I would only agree with the galaxy map and the system maps.

We couldn't even use the fuel thing, players just have to use their common sense.
    And damn, the battlemap? If those big fucking ships counts as planets, how the hell the battle Is supposed to engage?
    It's generally agreed that the ships aren't to scale.

Anyway, I just want to see systems from the older versions of Create a Planet in the new version.

14. Post #1454
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    I think he's talking about the ships that are marked as "Planet Class" or something similar.

I don't think they're actually meant to be Planet-sized. Just really fucking big.

We shouldn't use those anymore unless they have no weaponry.

How about we just do the System/galaxy map?

Some people seem to like that.

Edited:

Also Face if you want Older systems then you should be prepared to improve the look of everything v4 below, 'cause that's were it starts to become shit looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1455
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,427 Posts
    I think he's talking about the ships that are marked as "Planet Class" or something similar.

I don't think they're actually meant to be Planet-sized. Just really fucking big.

Edited:

Also Face if you want Older systems then you should be prepared to improve the look of everything v4 below, 'cause that's were it starts to become shit looking.

That's doable. I don't have the time nor means to dig through the old threads for now so if somebody could get the last pictures from the old threads I'll get to work on fixing them on Sunday.

16. Post #1456
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts

Edited:

That sounds much better.
    Solar systems should be a bit more reasonable in my opinion, star in center, much bigger than before, cold planets far away, hot planets nearer, and so on.

My map is an example of this: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2587/doctorsmap.png
    The lines are for suggested planetary locations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #1457
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    I have an idea. How about we just try out a few things in the next thread?
    We start with milkdairy's system, then we go onto rapist's improved solar system, etc.
    That way, we at least know for sure what system works.

18. Post #1458
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    Well, I'm thinking people can make their own Systems,

I'll get started on the OP right now.

Edited:

There can be multiple systems, soo... We can use both maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1459
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/doctorsmap-fixed4.png

Here's my map without the guidelines.

20. Post #1460
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    What's your star named?

All systems are named after the star and all stars need a name

Edited:

Oh and you should add some asteroids to your system.

I added a resource system.

21. Post #1461
    March 2011
    1,220 Posts
    Multiple maps aren't going to work at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1462
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    They sure as hell will.

Why don't you think so?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1463
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts
    The star is Capella.
    It's relatively close to Sol, only 42.2 lightyears.
    (actually a real star)

24. Post #1464
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    Err..

Alright. Although I don't think we're canonically inside the Milky way.

25. Post #1465
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts
    Alrighty then, I really can't think of a good name for a star though.

26. Post #1466
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,224 Posts
    I can post the thread right now, by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #1467
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts
    Do it.