1. Post #1
    Dennab
    April 2012
    78 Posts
    Ok, Garry's Mod has been updating. And upating. And updating! Now, this updating for some reason REMOVED the NPC weapons list.

How do I get it back, or is there another way to give NPCs weapons?

Now for future reference, if I posted another tecnical difficulty thread like this one again, where should I post this?

2. Post #2
    Freeman M.D.
    April 2012
    328 Posts
    One of the addons or custom files that you installed could be modifying your NPCs weapons list. I have two options for you in this situation:

1. If you would like to try get the list back you should try:
    Removing garrysmod folder from the Steam\steamapps\CookieMonste(YourName) folder and then "verify GMOD game cache" by going to Steam - Library - Right click on Garry's Mod - Properties - Local Files - Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This might take some time, but if your game if corrupted in any way, then it should get fixed(if it is corrupted it will start updating again).

2. You also asked for alternative option. Yes, you can spawn NPCs using console commands but that's a bit annoying. I would suggest getting "NPC Control 3", it's a great addon. It allows you to... well... control your NPCs, tell them where to run, give them more or less maximum health, tell them if you are friend or foe, spawn them with different weapons and so on. Great tool. Just careful with installing it, because the addon creator for some reason have put a folder inside the folder.
    As far as it goes regarding the forum, yes this seems to be a proper place to ask technical questions.

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    April 2012
    78 Posts
    One of the addons or custom files that you installed could be modifying your NPCs weapons list. I have two options for you in this situation:

1. If you would like to try get the list back you should try:
    Removing garrysmod folder from the Steam\steamapps\CookieMonste(YourName) folder and then "verify GMOD game cache" by going to Steam - Library - Right click on Garry's Mod - Properties - Local Files - Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This might take some time, but if your game if corrupted in any way, then it should get fixed(if it is corrupted it will start updating again).

2. You also asked for alternative option. Yes, you can spawn NPCs using console commands but that's a bit annoying. I would suggest getting "NPC Control 3", it's a great addon. It allows you to... well... control your NPCs, tell them where to run, give them more or less maximum health, tell them if you are friend or foe, spawn them with different weapons and so on. Great tool. Just careful with installing it, because the addon creator for some reason have put a folder inside the folder.
    As far as it goes regarding the forum, yes this seems to be a proper place to ask technical questions.

Thank you soooo much! :D You're tips on brining back the list didn't work, but fuck that! Yo're download link works like a charm!