1. Post #1
    $YOUTOOB$ $MONIES$
    June 2011
    138 Posts
    Thought I'd share the latest episodes of my Let's Play on Metro 2033.
    Game scares the fuck out of me but hey at least I'm making progress on it.
    4:40 onwards is the worst.
    and
    This game is actually really cheap on Amazon at the moment as a download, if you're into creepy games with a decent story then I suggest you check it out!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 121Dumb Dumb x 6Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    705 Posts
    I didn't find the game scary, I loved the story though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 102Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Very immersive, beautiful, interesting, and exciting game. Gun-play is perfect, the immersion factor is insane, the difficulty is actually you know, not stupid, is creepy, and occasionally scary.

Its probably one of the better games ever made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 41Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Unbanned because of cupcakes!
    April 2005
    1,203 Posts
    The only part that scared me was the part with the librarians. That's it. I'm stuck at a part that I keep dieing at though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,105 Posts
    Haha masterofaudiosurf. I remember making a montage out of your amnesia scares. Nice to see you here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2009
    2,081 Posts
    the game is all fun up until you get to the amoebas
    then it just makes me angry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 69 (list)

7. Post #7
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    Game isn't exactly scary compared to some other games, then you get to the library and everything is horrifying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,207 Posts
    What the

I remember finishing Metro 2033 completely but I do NOT remember that part
    I think I might have blocked it out of my memory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 35Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    The scariest game on Earth is Duke Nukem 3D. I said it. Those fucking slimezoids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Squadron Leader of the United FP Alliance
    November 2010
    2,959 Posts
    Love your videos, keep them up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,125 Posts
    Oh god I hated the librarians, I ended up speed running it since taking it slow was so hard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,782 Posts
    You are just a pussy.

I wouldn't normally say it, but even after watching the video, Metro 2033 isn't the scariest game in the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 13Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    i played ranger hardcore first time because im the best there is

Edited:

ps the tunnels were not fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Oh my god, my stomach.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,427 Posts
    Oh god, I burst out laughing at 5:15
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,410 Posts
    He isn't really a pussy but I wouldn't say its the scariest game in the world.
    I had to livestream this shit to a buddy just to be able to get through it. I rushed the whole thing while screaming my ass off and wasting 100 shotgun shells on all of them.

17. Post #17
    Dancing Member
    July 2009
    2,754 Posts
    How do you turn up the fov? My weapons are plastered up to my eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,410 Posts
    How do you turn up the fov? My weapons are plastered up to my eyes.
    1. Go to the user.cfg file located at X:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033

2. Edit it with a text editor such as Notepad

3. Find the value called: sick_fov 45.

4. Change this value to sick_fov ##.(## being the desired number) (including the period at the end)

5. Save and close the file. Now start the game.

You should also set the file to read only, No offense but it took me 2 seconds to google it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Dancing Member
    July 2009
    2,754 Posts
    1. Go to the user.cfg file located at X:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033

2. Edit it with a text editor such as Notepad

3. Find the value called: sick_fov 45.

4. Change this value to sick_fov ##.(## being the desired number) (including the period at the end)

5. Save and close the file. Now start the game.

You should also set the file to read only, No offense but it took me 2 seconds to google it.
    I know, I did too and got the same result, I asked because someone might know by hand and could just give me an answer. But now the question is how much has this guy crancked it up?

Also, that is not the only thing you have to do. There is one more files you have to change. No offense.
    Steam\userdata\XXXXXXXX\43110\remote
    Edited:

And 60 works best atleast for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    $YOUTOOB$ $MONIES$
    June 2011
    138 Posts
    that is not the only thing you have to do. There are 2 more files you have to change. No offense.
    There are a total of three different user.cfg files that you have to make changes to.
    I had to do this to turn off vertical sync as well as changing my FoV to 60.

Here's where all three files are located:

1. C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033 - user.cfg
    2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033 - usercfg
    3. The last file will be located within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata.
    You'll need to search the whole directory for " user.cfg ", I know it's a bit of a bitch but once you change all three of those files the changes will actually work.

Enjoy having a better experience with this game! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    I'm stuck at D6 with 22 magnum bullets, fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dancing Member
    July 2009
    2,754 Posts
    There are a total of three different user.cfg files that you have to make changes to.
    I had to do this to turn off vertical sync as well as changing my FoV to 60.

Here's where all three files are located:

1. C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033 - user.cfg
    2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033 - usercfg
    3. The last file will be located within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata.
    You'll need to search the whole directory for " user.cfg ", I know it's a bit of a bitch but once you change all three of those files the changes will actually work.

Enjoy having a better experience with this game! :D
    It seems like you don't need to change the one in the steamapps common anymore after a patch though.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Your screams are more unnerving than the actual goddamn game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,489 Posts
    Oh wow I didn't know you could stare away those damn librarians.All those ammo and first aid I wasted,ALL THOSE BAD MEMORIES

Edited:

also nice monkey scream haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,080 Posts
    Oh my god you're hilarious!

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,639 Posts
    5:10 onwards is fucking gold. laughed my fucking ass off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #27
    May 2008
    388 Posts
    Well at least you have guns and can kill the enemies. Try playing Amnesia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    $YOUTOOB$ $MONIES$
    June 2011
    138 Posts
    Well at least you have guns and can kill the enemies. Try playing Amnesia.
    I did a full Let's Play / Playthrough on Amnesia... :(
    Was much scarier than this.

Doing Amnesia Justine tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,264 Posts
    Metro 2033 is a great game, played it through 3 times on Ranger Hardcore.

30. Post #30
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I played ranger hardcore on my first try, Librarians drop when you hit them in the face with a throwing knife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    I played ranger hardcore on my first try, Librarians drop when you hit them in the face with a throwing knife.
    The downside is that you also drop if they even get remotely close to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,283 Posts
    I remember just sneaking past these guys. You seem too determined on having to kill them to get past them.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,678 Posts
    fear was scarier than amnesia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,193 Posts
    The downside is that you also drop if they even get remotely close to you
    Never gave them the chance really.
    I shat myself as one was charging at me and i had only 1 knife left, Lucky throw clipped his ankle and dropped him...I called it my lucky knife and used it to finish the whole librarian stage using 1 throwing knife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,473 Posts
    Damn It would have been nice knowing I could just stare at them, as soon as I saw one of those fuckers he got raped with bullets.

Edited:

Discovered that my rapid fire key on my mouse charges the torch instantly.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,723 Posts
    The Librarians are mostly blind and go mostly by sound, so you know. Stealth is the best way to avoid them.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,678 Posts
    wow is everyone playing on hard or something? I remember killing everything that moved with ease. except the russian silo, that was hard and i kept running out of ammo.

38. Post #38
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,125 Posts
    wow is everyone playing on hard or something? I remember killing everything that moved with ease. except the russian silo, that was hard and i kept running out of ammo.
    Actually the harder the difficulty the easier it is to kill enemys.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,274 Posts
    I loved Metro, although I never really found it to be scary in the way that, say, Amnesia was. For me, Metro was terrifying because of the setting and how immersive it was. Definitely one of my most favorite games.

Also, if anyone else here really liked the game, I would recommend picking up the novel on Amazon. The part with the Librarians is terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    This is the only game in that past 3 or 4 years that actually kept me wanting more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)