1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    It's like making an avatar for your favorite game or movie, why do you feel offended when ponies are involved?
    Because nobody overdoes it as much as bronies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    You can call me a whiteknight moralfag all you want but it's just my opinion, I think it's just sad that something so banal causes this kind of reaction. I can see where you are coming from, personally it doesn't bother me as much, but we're different people so while I disagree, I respect your opinion.
    obviously it comes down to opinion. Some people are different.

That's not my point, I'm just saying overall bronies are a group of people who are obsessed with something that started out as one large 'irony joke' and has escalated into a near non-stop fucking saturation of it on the internet. Things like that get annoying. So I'm stating my grievances.

It has nothing to do with the actual show. My fucking infant niece enjoys it and I happen to like Lauren Faust, but it would literally be a show I don't care about if bronies didn't exist.

And it's gotten so bad that people know about bronies and the show suffers for it, meanwhile bronies whine about how oppressed they are via the use of memes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

3. Post #243
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,332 Posts
    Again, the difference is, first of all I doubt you dislike cats, secondly, not every other avatar in a goddamn thread is a cat avatar.
    Why is it different just because it's in small numbers? Are ponies going to be fine as long as the amount of avatars you see aren't considered excessive by your standards?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #244
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Their avatars are basically doing that for them, saying "I think MLP is amazing and awesome enough for it to be worth making an avatar for."
    That's a dumb logic.

You know avatars are about stuff that you like, not to show around and shove it on other people's faces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,881 Posts
    Gabe Newell began growing a beard once he started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, hoping that one day it would cover his entire body so that he could be what he loves the most; A pony. So far it has already consumed his face and is quickly spreading to his neck.

Stay tuned!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #246
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,445 Posts
    So Dai, what are you going to do with this thread? As a matter of fact, what any mod would do?
    I'm gonna threaten to ban people for going off topic. Talk about gabe's suddenly terrible taste in everything and how you suddenly deleted your steam libraries all you want, just don't start retardedly overblown personal attacks or general rants on huge generalizations

That's a dumb logic.

You know avatars are about stuff that you like, not to show around and shove it on other people's faces.
    I like nijnas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,283 Posts
    Again, the difference is, first of all I doubt you dislike cats, secondly, not every other avatar in a goddamn thread is a cat avatar.
    A thread about Gabe Newell liking MLP.

No fucking shit there are mlp avatars in the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    Why is it different just because it's in small numbers? Are ponies going to be fine as long as the amount of avatars you see aren't considered excessive by your standards?
    It's every difference, I can tolerate it if I saw it once in a while, but when I see some reference to ponies every time I do anything, it's overdone to shit and I can't stand it.

Edited:

A thread about Gabe Newell liking MLP.

No fucking shit there are mlp avatars in the thread.
    You're implying it's just this thread.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    i think both sides need to just chillax, both views are way overblown in the others eyes
    bronies are in a lot of places, but it isnt complete saturation all the time everywhere
    anti bronies are not the bigoted idiots bronies make them out to be, some just hate the fandom for some idocies
    both sides have their good members and their bad members, people should just agree to disagree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    I can see where this is going (thread simulator), so I've started making some text to speech highlights of the thread

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3865654/Temp/gaben.mp3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Yes, everp- body, lets all act like civilized citizens and not argue please. We can all get along fantastically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #252
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    And not every avatar is a MLP avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    Don't kid yourself ghostsonic, my little pony is and always has been one large meme. It exists because it's something made for children that grown people are watching because they ran out things to do in ragecomics and captions on cat pictures. That's all it is. It's gone in such a bloody weird direction though. Instead of just fading into obscurity with other memes, its become almost cult like.

That's the difference, because the fandom wasn't really a fandom, they liked it because it provided irony and was a meme. Now it's grown from that, and it's bad. They constantly talk about it and try and shove it down your throat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    February 2010
    5,474 Posts
    The only way this will be a problem is if some blatant pony easter egg appears in Half Life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,283 Posts
    If you people are so sick of seeing MLP avatars then why do you keep coming back to this thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Zing x 12Dumb x 4Winner x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    i think both sides need to just chillax, both views are way overblown in the others eyes
    bronies are in a lot of places, but it isnt complete saturation all the time everywhere
    anti bronies are not the bigoted idiots bronies make them out to be, some just hate the fandom for some idocies
    both sides have their good members and their bad members, people should just agree to disagree
    Why do we even have 'member's like this is a fucking culture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    6,486 Posts
    People are different, go along with it

Seriously is everyone in this thread fucking 12?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #258
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,880 Posts
    I like how people are like BLARAGAGARGH VALVE IS AWFUL NOW

just because he owns the company doesn't mean he IS the company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    July 2007
    748 Posts
    Super Bronies are annoying
    Super anti-bronies are annoying

Stop it faggots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    And not every avatar is a MLP avatar.
    "Oh look, he made an exaggeration, I'd better call him out on it."

Seriously, that was obviously an exaggeration, the point stands that there are a massive number of pony avatars and it's so overdone.

21. Post #261
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    If you people are so sick of seeing MLP avatars then why do you keep coming back to this thread?
    It's almost as if you've never heard of an argument before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    It's almost as if you've never heard of an argument before.
    Ditto
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    June 2010
    1,813 Posts
    Fans of spongebob already exist, they're called Spongies.
    No you dolt, they're called spongeniggers.

(User was banned for this post ("dumb/racism" - daijitsu))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    You're welcome to join anytime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

25. Post #265
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    Nah no thanks I prefer to observe

can't argue with a mouth full of popcorn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #267
    April 2010
    646 Posts
    Dunno about everyone else but, I'm here for ~draaaamaaaa~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Us spongeniggers must unite under one banner.

Edited:

so we can circle jerk how good spongebob is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #269
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,283 Posts
    You sound like one of those people who argues for the sake of argument.

"Oh hey people are fighting over something I better invite all my friends to jump in"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,445 Posts
    Because nobody overdoes it as much as bronies.

congratulations, the top posters in this thread are three people trying to play a neutral party with their posts, and you bitching about how overbearingly aggressive bronies are

gg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,169 Posts
    This is great
    Gabe keeps getting better and better, he's like the Hugh Laurie of America, only with games and off-handed remarks about internet fandoms.

He must of known that a joke like that would start such a wave of controversy though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts

congratulations, the top posters in this thread are three people trying to play a neutral party with their posts, and you bitching about how overbearingly aggressive bronies are

gg
    Yup, because I'm defending my argument from the people who are arguing with me, who are all different people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,816 Posts
    And today was the day when I became more accepting of bronies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    Holy fuck, brony haters are fucking irritating. I don't watch the show or hate the fans, but quit your whiny bitching.

Oh look, I have a daffy duck avatar. It must mean I'm shoving it down your throat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #275
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,283 Posts

gg

You are the best mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

36. Post #276
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    -snippety snap-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #277
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,217 Posts
    Yup, because I'm defending my argument from the people who are arguing with me, who are all different people.
    Stop trying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    Holy fuck, brony haters are fucking irritating. I don't watch the show or hate the fans, but quit your whiny bitching.

Oh look, I have a daffy duck avatar. It must mean I'm shoving it down your throat.
    If people didn't like daffy duck, they'd say you were, but if they had any common sense then they could ignore it because you're one person. When so many people are doing it, it just because excessive.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,384 Posts
    I don't hate him for this, its dumb if you do, he just has questionable taste in cartoons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    WHY IS MLP SUCH A GOOD SHOW.

I don't understand.

I've watched a couple episodes, how is it more appealing than other shows like adventure time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)