1. Post #1081
    March 2011
    3,680 Posts
    You must choose between two swords to destroy SCP-173, but not the one with superior cutting power and craftsmanship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

2. Post #1082
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,701 Posts
    also, you should be able to find 131 and place -1 or -2 in front of 173, effectively disabling him.
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-131

Edited:

Nah man it'd be like in some observation chamber, and you can watch them debate over shit, and sometimes they'll be like "What would be the benefits of 173 being behind you?" or some shit like that.
    Uh this is one of the most dangerous SCPs in the universe actually

Check the event log near the bottom, there was almost an XK scenario where debater #1 convinced #2 that gravity didn't exist. A researcher had to run in and stop it from happening by debating on #2's side.

Which fucking rocks. It's one of my most favorite SCPs because it's not only a highly original idea but how can winning a debate to save the laws of reality not be an awesome concept
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    13,053 Posts
    Oh I know, that's why it'd be so damn cool. If this game was made in the far future, where we have perfect voice recognition software and perfect Virtual Intelligence, you could join the debates and shit. would be so cash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1084
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    haha, imagine if it went like this:
    you could join them at the table.
    A few slices of tomato are displayed on the table.
    Before reaching the cell, a few documents can be found concerning the table and the tomatoes, but you have to keep your eyes peeled.
    There is a code to the next cell and you must convince the two to give it to you.
    Attempts at making a bad joke will knock you out, bad arguments will deny your access to the next room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

5. Post #1085
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,793 Posts
    haha, imagine if it went like this:
    you could join them at the table.
    A few slices of tomato are displayed on the table.
    Before reaching the cell, a few documents can be found concerning the table and the tomatoes, but you have to keep your eyes peeled.
    There is a code to the next cell and you must convince the two to give it to you.
    Attempts at making a bad joke will knock you out, bad arguments will deny your access to the next room.
    So it would include a conversational system as displayed in that... one picture...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #1086
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,701 Posts
    If you perform badly enough, one of the men at the table says in an irate tone "You know, now that I think about it, D-Class 9431, I'm not certain that you exist either."

Then begins the desperate bid to save your own life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

7. Post #1087
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Could someone help me? When I'm at a public computer the game crashes shortly after starting a new game. I've tried running on windowed, 1024x768, still crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

8. Post #1088
    If you perform badly enough, one of the men at the table says in an irate tone "You know, now that I think about it, D-Class 9431, I'm not certain that you exist either."

You could steer the debate to getting hold of useful items as well.

"So you see, if a portal opened up connecting here and 914, I would be better able to create artifacts to demonstrate my arguments."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1089
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,714 Posts
    Press X and R rapidly to convince SCP-946-2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

10. Post #1090
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    I wanna try livestreaming this. Should I?

11. Post #1091
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,681 Posts
    I dunno if it's already been suggested anywhere but I think SCP-523 could be a fun addition to the game.

Document #: 523-01

Victim: Dr. ████████

Disguise: Scalpel

Event: Dr. ████████ was preparing to perform a delicate autopsy on recently-deceased D█-████, who had been killed by SCP-███. He asked his assistant to hand him a scalpel. When he looked back at the body, he felt a sudden increase in weight from the hand holding the scalpel. When he looked at his hand, he found he was holding a chainsaw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #1092
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,714 Posts
    I wanna try livestreaming this. Should I?
    Stronger men then you have fallen...

... Go right ahead!

Edited:

I dunno if it's already been suggested anywhere but I think SCP-523 could be a fun addition to the game.
    You find a key card and suddenly its SCP-173 chow.
    I support the idea of a random useful item transforming itself while your not looking/just as you are going to use it. Like going to use a gun on an enemy and it turning into a water pistol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

13. Post #1093
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Why does this remind me of problem sleuth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1094
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Why does this remind me of problem sleuth?
    Ring of keys to pistol, I noticed that too.

Edited:

I'm gonna have a go at this. Starting at 15:45 +1GMT, on http://da.twitch.tv/askefarver

Tell me if my voice sucks, if the mic is bad, or if I should put on music or stuff.

15. Post #1095
    October 2009
    1,743 Posts
    The player should find this: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-j

And then realize that finals are next week and they should stop playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1096
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Yay, my voice is WAY better than last time.

17. Post #1097
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    My friend is making an insane jugallo mod for this. Oh my god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #1098
    December 2011
    1,143 Posts
    My friend is making an insane jugallo mod for this. Oh my god.
    You better make a video of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1099
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,641 Posts
    I still want my accelerating joke tomatoes.
    SCP-173 is right in front of you in the labs.
    But somewhere in there, the joke tomatoes are sitting on a desk.
    You got a megaphone previously.
    Shout a shitty joke into the megaphone.
    SCP-173 is knocked a mile away, and if you survive him flying through the room, that's one less danger you've got in your hands.

Also, here's an idea for a possible ending to the game:
    Somewhere in the game, there's a 50 cent coin on the floor.
    Rush towards 294 if you can find it and quickly type 'Something that can kill SCP-682'.Build a 387 LEGO Man and instruct him to press the button in 5-10-whatever minutes, as much as you consider is necessary.
    682 will breach containment and start chasing you, while you try to avoid him by heading towards corridors.
    The geolocator powers up and points towards the Site 19 exit.

If you escape in time (within at least the last minute of the countdown), you'll be walking up a deserted hill, hear a loud blast, turn back and see that Site 19 has vaporized completely.

If you escaped too soon (beyond two minutes before the countdown ends), you'll get chased out of the facility by 682, get torn apart, and the last thing you see is an SCP document indicating that 682 had breached containment and reached populated areas, massacring thousands.

If you don't manage to escape, you'll see a green blast, hear a loud explosion and be vaporized along with the entire Site 19, all its SCPs and 682.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    On the topic of 682, just remember the Antlion Guardian chase scenes in Episode 2 people.

I know I ain't the only one that was shitting my pants at those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #1101
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,315 Posts

Debating against omniscient and omnipotent beings for your own existence.

Sign me up, please.

Edited:

On the topic of 682, just remember the Antlion Guardian chase scenes in Episode 2 people.

I know I ain't the only one that was shitting my pants at those.
    Holy god I was so fucking stupidly scared in those. Chase scenes in Horror games are pretty much the only thing that gets to me these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

22. Post #1102

It's stuck on 100% And won't launch the actual game

help ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #1103
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts

It's stuck on 100% And won't launch the actual game

help ;_;
    Same problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

24. Post #1104
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,278 Posts
    My mom wants to play this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,781 Posts
    record it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #1106
    November 2009
    2,278 Posts
    record it
    It would be in Polish though, I could make subtitles if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

27. Post #1107
    It would be in Polish though, I could make subtitles if you want.
    do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

28. Post #1108
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Do you like my stream?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts
    Decided to play this today.

Was going down that first hallway and I grabbed the gasmask and batteries in the rooms and I proceeded to my first door.

And then this happened.

I didn't need to sleep anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    November 2009
    2,278 Posts
    Ok, so my mother didn't really play the game but she observed me playing it, she said it's not scary, and left.

I also have shown her the Brenda Dickson mod due to suggestion of one of my friends. I'm putting a video together now, but it won't be fabulous or anything.

31. Post #1111
    I want to play this game soooo badly

Atleast it getting stuck on 100% was an improvement from the last version's empty black page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    Better idea: Join the debate as a guest and bring up the topic of whether 682 actually exists. Point out that it's not feasible, based on the laws of physics/nature/existence in our dimension(as 682 comes from a different dimension, I believe,) for a lifeform to be able to adapt so rapidly to any given situation. Therefore, 682 must not actually exist.

Edited:

For that matter, bring up the question of whether 173 actually exists, because, since he's a statue, he shouldn't actually be able to move, so therefore, is either inanimate or simply does not exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1113
    It works.

I don't know why but it works.

Edited:

I AM TERRIFIED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #1114
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Better idea: Join the debate as a guest and bring up the topic of whether 682 actually exists. Point out that it's not feasible, based on the laws of physics/nature/existence in our dimension(as 682 comes from a different dimension, I believe,) for a lifeform to be able to adapt so rapidly to any given situation. Therefore, 682 must not actually exist.

Edited:

For that matter, bring up the question of whether 173 actually exists, because, since he's a statue, he shouldn't actually be able to move, so therefore, is either inanimate or simply does not exist.
    Better yet: Shove Dr. Kain and Dr. Bright in the same room as those people, along with SCP-504. Start running in circles with the two doctors and yell horrible, horrible puns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

35. Post #1115
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,781 Posts
    I walked in to the toilet and heard my butt ghost sound.

he's somewhere

maybe behind the closed doors

36. Post #1116
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,641 Posts
    Do godmode, disable173 and disable106 work?
    I want to have pants-shitting-free exploration around the facility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1117
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,210 Posts
    Even running it at 800x600 is pretty laggy for me :(

Damn low-end computer....maybe I'll keep trying lower resolutions to see if I can get it to be a reasonably smooth experience.

But then again, since it is only in alpha, it most likely isn't optimised very well. Still sad though I can't run a game like this well. It's not really demanding at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #1118
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,781 Posts
    Do godmode, disable173 and disable106 work?
    I want to have pants-shitting-free exploration around the facility.
    yeah

914 can still kill you though and you see that animation of 106 heading through the corridor but he isn't actually there

39. Post #1119
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,641 Posts
    Which one is 682's apparent container room?
    I want to hear the creepy noises.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

40. Post #1120
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts
    Are there more than one SCP-173? Or does he just have some kind of teleportation power I was unaware of?

I got into this one area that he was in and I managed to walk past him and close a door. I was then in that red tear gas room and I didn't see him on the camera, so I equipped my gas mask and walked through the door and there he was.

He ended up killing me, but I figured he would have still been some ways behind me. Is it simply for the sake of the game that he appears in that room?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)