1. Post #81
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    also ported laggy sweps over from the engine

Code:
    function SWEP:GetViewModelPosition( pos, ang )

local vOriginalOrigin = pos;
    	local vOriginalAngles = ang;

if( !self.m_vecLastFacing ) then

self.m_vecLastFacing = vOriginalOrigin;

end

local forward = vOriginalAngles:Forward();
    	local right = vOriginalAngles:Right();
    	local up = vOriginalAngles:Up();

local vDifference = self.m_vecLastFacing - forward;

local flSpeed = 7;

local flDiff = vDifference:Length();
    	if( flDiff > 1.5 ) then

flSpeed = flSpeed * ( flDiff / 1.5 );

end

self.m_vecLastFacing = self.m_vecLastFacing + vDifference:Normalize() * flSpeed * FrameTime();
    	self.m_vecLastFacing = self.m_vecLastFacing:Normalize();
    	pos = pos + ( vDifference * -1 ) * 5;

return pos, ang;

end

default flSpeed is 5, but that feels really slow for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    May 2011
    195 Posts
    also ported laggy sweps over from the engine

..code..

default flSpeed is 5, but that feels really slow for some reason.
    Sweet. What's that background music?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    October 2010
    897 Posts

word to your mother

400 zombies count 'em
    This might be a dumb question, but are they NPCs and how can you have 400 of them? My game tries to die after 30 NPCs... I only ask this because that is awesome!

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    795 Posts
    This might be a dumb question, but are they NPCs and how can you have 400 of them? My game tries to die after 30 NPCs... I only ask this because that is awesome!
    He might have a more powerful computer than you maybe..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts

Rollercoasters!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 19Artistic x 2Agree x 2Lua King x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    October 2008
    450 Posts

Rollercoasters!
    That is genius, really nice job. Keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 6Optimistic x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,294 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Lua King Lua King x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    May 2009
    936 Posts
    All we need now is 99 more tanks and we can recreate World of Tanks in Garry's Mod. I can see it now..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

9. Post #89
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,294 Posts
    All we need now is 99 more tanks and we can recreate World of Tanks in Garry's Mod. I can see it now..
    We already have around 25 or 26 tanks so we're getting there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,077 Posts
    Anyone have more idea's for traps that I can make?

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,804 Posts
    Giant net? Like the ones on the ground and when you step over them they scoop you up similar to your last trap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    179 Posts

Mossman or Alyx ragdoll where pressing +use or collision with another ragdoll makes the player white, turned into a ragdoll, and is being birthed by Mossman or Alyx.

Edited:

or red, or a material that has blood.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,077 Posts
    Giant net? Like the ones on the ground and when you step over them they scoop you up similar to your last trap.
    Thought about it but without a model with an umpteen number of bones/flex points it would look like ass. No real good way to do that that I can think of.

Edited:

Mossman or Alyx ragdoll where pressing +use or collision with another ragdoll makes the player white, turned into a ragdoll, and is being birthed by Mossman or Alyx.

Edited:

or red, or a material that has blood.
    How is that a trap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    October 2010
    897 Posts
    What about a swinging log trap, or a giant mouse trap, floor spikes, triggered dart shooters( like in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. 2 parts, trigger and spike shooter.) or a box trap, after stepping on a spot a box either comes up around you or falls on you. Just some random Ideas hope something helps.

Edited:

or from the cartoons a falling safe/piano trap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,077 Posts
    What about a swinging log trap, or a giant mouse trap, floor spikes, triggered dart shooters( like in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. 2 parts, trigger and spike shooter.) or a box trap, after stepping on a spot a box either comes up around you or falls on you. Just some random Ideas hope something helps.

Edited:

or from the cartoons a falling safe/piano trap.
    Log Trap is a good idea if I can figure out how to do a decent setup for it.
    The problem is the traps have to feasible to set up "relatively quickly and by hand", something that you could make if a killer was chasing after you and had few supplies.
    In order to fit the theme of the gamemode they will eventually hopefully be put into. The others I can do after I finish the gamemode modes.

Theme is everything!

16. Post #96
    October 2010
    897 Posts
    Log Trap is a good idea if I can figure out how to do a decent setup for it.
    The problem is the traps have to feasible to set up "relatively quickly and by hand", something that you could make if a killer was chasing after you and had few supplies.
    In order to fit the theme of the gamemode they will eventually hopefully be put into. The others I can do after I finish the gamemode modes.

Theme is everything!
    so what kind of theme are you shooting for?

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

18. Post #98
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Got some issues with my animations on SCars so I'm working on a simple animation editor just to make
    the process of adding new animations easier.
    Hmm, probably can't even call it an animation editor since It only supports one frame (KISS?).
    Oh well, it gets the job done. I'm just lerping the current animation frame the with another frame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 15Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Can someone give me a dayz copy?
    April 2011
    1,277 Posts

Random Homing Attack Shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    September 2009
    534 Posts
    Though I feel greatly inferior:
    Already done.
    Remaking an old addon from like 2009 or 2010 or something... Added crawling, swimming, grappling hook swep, rappel swep...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts

i know what i'm doing tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 18Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    The way with the slightest resistance!
    May 2011
    93 Posts
    Working on a custom Texas Holdem Poker game for Gmod.

some progress :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

23. Post #103
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,265 Posts
    Random Homing Attack Shit
    Are you giving them deadly hugs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #104
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts

i know what i'm doing tomorrow
    What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 3Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,676 Posts
    That looks like you did more than adding custom jobs and shipments
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

27. Post #107
    Devolved Community Owner
    June 2005
    622 Posts
    That looks like you did more than adding custom jobs and shipments
    Yeah, take a look at the shared file (the sh_liquiddrp.lua one). Shitloads to edit, easy to manage.

28. Post #108
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    What the fuck.
    A perfect description of all Hentie's posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    A perfect description of all Hentie's posts
    Hey man how else are you going to demonstrate cannabis?
    I just saw all the shitty cannabis mods in RP servers and see how fucking inaccurate they all are, I just thought I'd recreate it as someone who actually took some first hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,077 Posts
    I just saw all the shitty cannabis mods in RP servers and see how fucking inaccurate they all are, I just thought I'd recreate it as someone who actually took some first hand.
    I can recreate the effect for me with one line

player:SetMoveType(MOVETYPE_NONE)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

31. Post #111
    Devolved Community Owner
    June 2005
    622 Posts
    "took some first hand" I have never been that high. I have my medical marijuana card.
    Can't really represent it in a game, but none the less really really cool like always Hentie.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    "took some first hand" I have never been that high. I have my medical marijuana card.
    Can't really represent it in a game, but none the less really really cool like always Hentie.
    Well it beats just adding the motion blur pp and turning the player into a ragdoll.
    But yeah I agree, you can't really represent the effects in game, as the effects are different for everyone.

And I don't think anyone who's smoked start running around and looking around in circles like they're on LSD, I just did that for fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Devolved Community Owner
    June 2005
    622 Posts
    Well it beats just adding the motion blur pp and turning the player into a ragdoll.
    Yeah it really does, pretty sure no RP out there has anything cool like that for drugs. Just silly PP effects and anti gravity or whatever.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    check out the new NPC for Help! Zombies!

I just spent an hour creating a new NPC base that's based on the engine's zombies.
    I got this guy to work in less than a minute after the base was done.
    All he does is moves to a point that is in the line of sight of the player, and then he throws a melon at the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

35. Post #115
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    Remaking an old addon from like 2009 or 2010 or something... Added crawling, swimming, grappling hook swep, rappel swep...
    Wow thanks for remaking this, I fuck**g love you !
    if you want I can be a beta tester for this !

And please add more feature from imagination it would be verry cool !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #116

Uhhhh, this isn't the bonemerge I wanted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    I should post in WAYWO more..

Scoreboard:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    looks nice, but you should make your "card" or row have a different color so you can tell yourself apart from other players easier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    ASK ME ABOUT MY SAM 6420 FETISH
    July 2011
    691 Posts
    I should post in WAYWO more..

Scoreboard:
    Looks good but you spelled disguise wrong Also you have 1337 posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    looks nice, but you should make your "card" or row have a different color so you can tell yourself apart from other players easier
    Yeah thanks that's a nice idea.

Looks good but you spelled disguise wrong Also you have 1337 posts
    Thanks I'll fix the spelling, also thanks for remarking that I had 1337 posts because I was afraid I would get dumbs if I would do that myself.

Anyways more content just to stay on topic. Ignore the invisible playermodel, but it are simple name popups.

Also, I made this a few weeks ago but I still like showing it off for the heck of it.. - custom escape menu :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner x 6Artistic x 3Lua King x 3Optimistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)