1. Post #4481
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,544 Posts
    It would have to be always rigged to the hand. The way the default rocket does it is through a bodygroup
    He means on the viewmodel, and re-animating is perfectly possible even if not easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #4482

April 2012
    6 Posts
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/hatsketch.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...gajawless.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/hatyw.png/

They're concepts, so they may and they may never be used for TF2.
    Although the mask is fairly game-breaking, what do the other two look like?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

3. Post #4483
    April 2012
    13 Posts

paintable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4484

July 2010
    224 Posts
    It would have to be always rigged to the hand. The way the default rocket does it is through a bodygroup
    FYI default rocket launcher doesn't use bodygroup. It is included in its viewmodel.
    While the others rocket launcher which use c_models animations , don't have any rocket mesh included within each model of those rocket launchers and there is no actual bone for rocket in soldier's c_animations and only the v_model of default rocket has it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #4485
    April 2011
    2,649 Posts

paintable?
    I made toilet paper before it was cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #4486
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,808 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #4487

July 2010
    224 Posts
    Ive got a serious question: If since a lot of people complain about the rocket launchers reloading nothing, and there are those cool unique rocket models, can't somebody just take the rocket models and place the rockets inside the launcher where it can't be seen, and then when you reload it come out and rig to the hand, like the grenade launcher?
    Well, you got to decompile all rocket launchers in TF2 and put rocket on each model and compile those back.
    See if someone is willing to do that. (inb4 not working in sv_pure 1 server)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events

8. Post #4488
    May 2011
    5,227 Posts

paintable?
    paint it brown
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #4489
    April 2011
    5,437 Posts
    To be honest, can't you just use jigglebones? Or combine them a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #4490
    July 2011
    943 Posts
    Is that... the music from Medieval?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4491
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,106 Posts

WIP texture and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

12. Post #4492

paintable?
    Need a name?
    "The Shithead"
    "Crap for brains"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #4493
    November 2010
    2,711 Posts
    Need a name?
    "The Shithead"
    "Crap for brains"
    Tolietnator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #4494
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts

paintable?

Prepare to be... fluuuushed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4495
    January 2012
    97 Posts

WIP texture and such.
    I oddly like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4496
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts

WIP texture and such.
    Hasn't this been done for the sniper already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #4497
    July 2011
    10,106 Posts
    but this is for mediiiccc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #4498
    June 2010
    6,259 Posts
    Hasn't this been done for the sniper already?
    I think DMY (?) wanted to make it multiclass, too, but Constructor might just beat him to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

19. Post #4499
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,544 Posts

Prepare to be... fluuuushed.
    Well that's a crappy villain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #4500
    April 2012
    13 Posts

any names for these?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events

21. Post #4501

February 2012
    1,202 Posts
    2 questions.

1. are there any mods/skins out there that alter the unusual effects? I want to change scorching from green to a different color. are there any mods out there for it? if not could i change it easily myself by just pushing a slider? or is it more difficult than that?

2. does there exist a decent demoman skin? only found lame recolorings so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

22. Post #4502
    August 2011
    2,065 Posts
    what I worked on during fp's downtime
    A falconing glove for spy
    scrapped

and I finally finished the krieger
    I like the "id" feel it has- you know, the robo punch seems reminiscent of doom, but the mad science with a german name screams wolfienstien.

Edited:

Oh look, it's already lime green.

needs a scout version for the boom bringer that plays suddenly seymor, on skid row, mean green mother from outer space, and don't feed the plants.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #4503
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,808 Posts
    I like the "id" feel it has- you know, the robo punch seems reminiscent of doom, but the mad science with a german name screams wolfienstien.

Edited:

Oh look, it's already lime green.

needs a scout version for the boom bringer that plays suddenly seymor, on skid row, mean green mother from outer space, and don't feed the plants.    

The one there is Skinned to one of my painted items.
    the default colour is a cream spirit tinted orange.

so yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #4504
    July 2011
    10,106 Posts

any names for these?
    Lovely textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #4505

any names for these?
    That+Flies effect=crashed market
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #4506
    DMY
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    259 Posts
    I think DMY (?) wanted to make it multiclass, too, but Constructor might just beat him to it.
    Yeah, I had trouble with making it multi-class because of positioning, and then having to rejig it 9 times. I've just never got round to it.

That's actually a pretty smart way to do it for the Medic, though. Didn't think of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #4507
    September 2009
    1,270 Posts
    It would be cool if it had attack animation, so that Valve could implement it as a weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

28. Post #4508
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,951 Posts
    Where is the music from? I'm sure I have heard it before.

29. Post #4509
    November 2009
    373 Posts
    Had a go at Square's concept for the Electrician's Helmet. Added some spark decals to the sides. Not really happy with it though so will probably put it to one side.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4510
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,808 Posts
    Where is the music from? I'm sure I have heard it before.
    MediEvil 2 OST Kew gardens.

It would be cool if it had attack animation, so that Valve could implement it as a weapon.
    it's got various animations that arn't shown here [ mostly due to them not working right at the moment ]

but here's the agressive anim

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4511
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,347 Posts

paintable?
    fantastic textures there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #4512
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,951 Posts
    MediEvil 2 OST Kew gardens.
    Knew it had to be from MediEvil.

33. Post #4513
    October 2011
    213 Posts

not much progress but progress none the less
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #4514
    May 2011
    208 Posts
    (Third time) amateur tf2 modeler here (unless you count LODs are separate)

After positive feedback from my other items in the workshop, Im gonna do a knife and gun!

FINALLY at the texturing stage (though might do some minor tweaks) (Did I mention LODs are no fun?)

Question:
    What is the standard texture size for something like this? Looking at the other models they are all over the place, so I went with 512x512?

Feedback welcome! Color scheme ideas, names (gonna probably call it Big Iron or Longhorn) etc.

(BTW its modeled after a gun called the High Standard Double Nine, a western style, 9-shot .22 revolver introduced in the 60's when spaghetti westerns were the rage)
    You clearly had similar inspiration as I did on this revolver I started a couple weeks ago:

Note: the texture isn't done yet (might decide to change the base colors, and I feel like the wood needs a lot of work), still need to make LODs, and I need to finish the other items I'm making to go with it.
    Probably won't be done for a while since I have university exams the next couple weeks, then need to find a summer job once I get moved back home for the summer.

Also, don't read too much into this. I'm not by any means saying you should stop working on that revolver. In fact, I think you should finish it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #4515
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts

WIP texture and such.
    Unnoticeable as fuck - or rather as fuck isn't, as fucks are generally quite noticeable - but absolutely lovely! I don't know a lot about 60s medical equipment, but the design of that looks totally convincing in an indefinable way.

any names for these?
    I dislike the ideas, but those are some damn fine textures.

Had a go at Square's concept for the Electrician's Helmet. Added some spark decals to the sides. Not really happy with it though so will probably put it to one side.

Yeah, get rid of the sparks. Without them, it's a really neat helmet.

not much progress but progress none the less
    Thanks for posting this again, because I never got a chance to comment on it earlier. This. Looks. Amazing. Seriously. One of the coolest flamethrower designs I've seen!

Ha! Uncharacteristically generous praise! That's what you guys get for only dumbvoting my concepts! Hope you learned a lesson there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4516
    July 2010
    359 Posts
    get down get down on the ground now get down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

37. Post #4517
    January 2010
    1,101 Posts

its up on the workshop nao, please up-vote if you feel like doing so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4518
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,808 Posts

Cue jimmy nail

the crocodile was easily the most fun part to work on so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #4519
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,951 Posts
    get down get down on the ground now get down
    I love basic and generic items. They are the best.

No sarcasm here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

40. Post #4520
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,976 Posts
    the shotgun's smoothing seems off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)