1. Post #2241
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    i had to lane with a dk who thought my webs made him invis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2242
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,950 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #2243
    July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    holy crap solo q is really really easy for me since the game still thinks i'm low skill level.
    me (lina) and tiny laning against lion and dragon knight who didn't know how to deny creeps. dragon knight who kept wrapping around creeps to kill them leaving him vulnerable to my w. nature's profit sitting in jungle and not aiding his lane in ganking. sven backdooring and no one on my team notices to the point where rax are under attack. and of course not a single person speaking english so no one understands that, when the enemy team is dead, they should keep pushing and not just suddenly walk away after rax if the game is so close that a teamwipe on our side would be gg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2244
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,857 Posts
    I random pugna and my entire team picks physical heroes after i cant repick anymore lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

5. Post #2245
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,950 Posts
    Streaming some Dota 2. http://www.twitch.tv/thebrassthief
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #2246
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,883 Posts
    I really need to start buying things like smoke but I feel like trying to play against the current in a pub just wouldn't work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #2247
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,257 Posts
    I am Banned's last choice of a person to play with!
    \/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2248
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    I am Banned's last choice of a person to play with!
    \/
    1000 hours 2-9 kunkka and talked trash at end of game

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #2249
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,857 Posts
    Shadow demon owns so bad, sadly, he cant carry a team made out from a first time invoker, 2 people with lags and no english and bounty that feed pudge to 4k hp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

10. Post #2250
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    16,739 Posts
    Just had a 74min game... and we lost.
    And we were doing so well people were already celebrating midgame :(

Fucking enemy Sand King carry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #2251
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,950 Posts

Ugh, this was a hell of a game. We were losing so badly so early and then at 35 min when we were on the brink of losing, Omni and ES pulled their heads out of their asses and gave us a fighting chance. It was 15 min of nothing but hold offs with both our top and bottom rax down. We needed a solid teamfight win to totally turn the game around. Never happened but the other team had to work their asses off for the win. I was a beast of a Jugg. Cannot believe I held my own against Spectre and Fuzzy. No shit talking, gg's all around when the game ended. Can't feel that bad about that loss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

12. Post #2252
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,199 Posts
    Hey guys anyone with a spare dota 2 key wanna help out one of my buddies interested in the beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2253
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,081 Posts
    Hey guys anyone with a spare dota 2 key wanna help out one of my buddies interested in the beta?
    I just won one a few moments ago but I have to keep this thread as the worst place to beg for a key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2254
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,950 Posts

Getting closer.

Ever since I started listening to Earth and Sunn O))) when I play I've been calm as fuck and playing better. It's so awesome to just not feel like a gigantic shithead every game because you freak out at little shit. So sobering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

15. Post #2255
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,118 Posts
    i think i'm at 79/72??? i play more inhouses than matchmaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #2256
    November 2009
    3,621 Posts

Getting closer.
    Mine is going the opposite way, I was 10 over and now I'm 6 under :smith:

17. Post #2257
    October 2009
    12,613 Posts
    My win loss ratio is usually neutral. I'll win 2 lose 2 win 1 lose another and it just stays 1:1 ratio. Right now I'm a couple under due to trying to teach a new player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2258
    April 2009
    8,081 Posts
    I'm usually 5-10 wins less than losses.

19. Post #2259
    May 2011
    3,100 Posts
    I love Brewmaster, I can micro is ult pretty well also.

Also, drunken 666 crits OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

20. Post #2260
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,118 Posts
    I love Brewmaster, I can micro is ult pretty well also.

Also, drunken 666 crits OP
    how to micro brew:

tab tab tab tab tab tab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2261
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,950 Posts
    Protip: if you want to micro Brewmaster's ultie really easily, make two control groups. One with all of them, because the Earth panda is selected by default, and one with Wind only. Fire doesn't need micro because slow the fuck down shit it dies every God damn time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #2262
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,495 Posts
    Played first time invoker last night, as well as some games afterwards. It went much better than I thought, and I am sort of happy over myself not going Quas Wex invoker. Who needs tornado emp combo, when you got forge spirits and cold snap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #2263
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,950 Posts
    Played first time invoker last night, as well as some games afterwards. It went much better than I thought, and I am sort of happy over myself not going Quas Wex invoker. Who needs tornado emp combo, when you got forge spirits and cold snap.
    Quas Exort kicks the shit out of Quas Wex imo. You wreck the shit out of teamfights if you swap spells fast enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #2264
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,495 Posts
    Quas Exort kicks the shit out of Quas Wex imo. You wreck the shit out of teamfights if you swap spells fast enough.
    Yeah, I noticed that. I tried doing it as fast as I could, but it easily gets very confusing for me. Too much at once. It worked a few times, I love doing the force-staff ice wall combo, so they can't get away.

But I need more practice, so i can learn casting spells faster, and at the right moments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #2265
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    9,398 Posts
    Chaos Meteor is easily one of the best teamfight spells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #2266
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,527 Posts
    Goddammit, I don't understand.

I love playing storm spirit, but I never get how I manage to do so much damage, especially when I look over the numbers again.
    There's only one medium damage nuke, and then there's Overload, but it's barely any damage before you max it...

Also: Power Treads or Arcane boots on him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

27. Post #2267
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    Can you stream more? I'm away from my battlestation and i would like to watch some.

28. Post #2268
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts

Hit 100 wins yesterday.
    Wish i was better with Bloodseeker though lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

29. Post #2269
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    9,398 Posts
    I don't get how you guys have so many abandons, I'm over 250 games and still have 0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

30. Post #2270
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,801 Posts
    I don't get how you guys have so many abandons, I'm over 250 games and still have 0.
    My 3 come from connection issues. One of which was that Sven game of mine,where I farmed well and helped team, lost connection, came back, helped a bit, lost connection again. Next time I reconnected all my items were gone (pretty much 2 bracers, boots and bkb), but I still helped teammates and we've won. Still, counted as abandon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2271
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,505 Posts
    They should make it so, even if you disconnect for 5 minutes, if you come back and do anything other than sit in the fountain or die, and your team wins, you don't get the abandon. Then there's an incentive to, at least, finish your game if your internet fucks up for a few seconds and would normally cause an abandon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #2272
    May 2010
    43 Posts
    I'm guessing the best way to map for Dota 2 would be the Alien Swarm SDK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #2273
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,505 Posts
    I'm guessing the best way to map for Dota 2 would be the Alien Swarm SDK?
    Dota 2 only has one map. Even if you made another one, you'd be unable to play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2274
    May 2010
    43 Posts
    Dota 2 only has one map. Even if you made another one, you'd be unable to play it.
    There are always console commands. :l

35. Post #2275
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,801 Posts
    I sincerely doubt this. It's Valve's game now, not WC3 map/mode. I bet that with console you could load different map and maybe with some skills/knowledge you could even make it functional to a certain degree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #2276
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,505 Posts
    There are always console commands. :l
    You can't host your own server, and Dota 2's servers only host the one map. There is no singleplayer, as far as I can tell; even if you play a private match with only you, it's hosted on Valve's servers.

37. Post #2277
    May 2010
    43 Posts
    I sincerely doubt this. It's Valve's game now, not WC3 map/mode. I bet that with console you could load different map and maybe with some skills/knowledge you could even make it functional to a certain degree.
    Yeah, and with the sheer number of Dota maps there are, I'm sure it would be appreciated by the community.

@Rats: I'm sure it won't be valve-only servers forever. It was the same way with CS:GO until the last patch (before this most recent one.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #2278
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,505 Posts
    Well, you might be able to host your own server, but I don't know if there will ever be any support from Valve to do so.

Edited:

Ninja'd my automerge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #2279
    May 2010
    43 Posts
    Well, you might be able to host your own server, but I don't know if there will ever be any support from Valve to do so.

Edited:

Ninja'd my automerge.
    And if it's good enough Valve will implement it before release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #2280
    April 2009
    8,081 Posts
    Protip: if you want to micro Brewmaster's ultie really easily, make two control groups. One with all of them, because the Earth panda is selected by default, and one with Wind only. Fire doesn't need micro because slow the fuck down shit it dies every God damn time.
    How do you set control groups? Isn't it usually ctrl+ a number? Thats how I did it for starcraft but it doesn't work for dota.