1. Post #2761
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,839 Posts
    Those new icons look cool, but few of them look like I wouldn't recognize them if it weren't for the original icon on top of it.

Like vlads, mask of mad, gem and most notably Armlet looks really weird.

Edited:

Also, Blades of Alacrity turned into a Blade of Alacrity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2762
    November 2009
    2,500 Posts
    i kinda like new hud and items icons, but they sure need some refining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

3. Post #2763
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,736 Posts
    i have a 300 by 300 resolution FUCK VALVE VALVE THEY WONT CATER TO MY ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY!!!
    New UI at 300 x 300.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

4. Post #2764
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    New UI at 300 x 300.

what did you expect to accomplish by posting this

I want the new update already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

5. Post #2765
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,736 Posts
    what did you expect to accomplish by posting this
    Fun and laffs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2766
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I like some of the new icons, especially the new "Boosters" (Point, Vitality, Mana) but some others really look fucking terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2767
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I like some of the new icons, especially the new "Boosters" (Point, Vitality, Mana) but some others really look fucking terrible.
    dagon necronomicon and vlads make me literally want to cum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2768
    moo
    November 2006
    4,812 Posts
    Why the actual fuck did they change the gem of true sight? That icon looked so good, they could have just detailed it up a bit. Same with the magic wand, it looked so unique and not like a stereotypical fantasy wand, now it looks like a stereotypical fantasy wand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2769
    January 2012
    941 Posts
    I'm hardly against the new icons and GUI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #2770
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,736 Posts
    I think the difference between Dagon 2 and 1 need to be accentuated, but otherwise I like Dagon's icon.

I also think the Necronomicon icons need to have differing colors, just like the current one. So from a single glance you can tell the level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2771
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    I think the difference between Dagon 2 and 1 need to be accentuated, but otherwise I like Dagon's icon.

I also think the Necronomicon icons need to have differing colors, just like the current one. So from a single glance you can tell the level.
    Dagon growth seems fine. 1-2 and 4-5 are brightness changes and do look good.

Necronomicon - it has numbers on the front, it's easy to distinguish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

12. Post #2772
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,839 Posts
    My weakness is last hitting..

Last round, a victory as a Lich Dire, I had the fewest last-hits of both teams. (35 last hits, ~45min game)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #2773

October 2011
    103 Posts
    Love the daedalus and eye of skadi - at least now I can always know that one is a crossbow and not a sword and the other actually looks like an eye now.
    Also: Is it just me or do Butterfly (new) and Ethereal Blade (new) look kind of similar? They could've at least kept the direction where the blade was directed at but oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

14. Post #2774
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,839 Posts
    New Eye of Skadi, that is amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

15. Post #2775
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,943 Posts
    Icon comparison:

Most of them looks so much better while some of them... Not so much.

Poor Mekansm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #2776
    moo
    November 2006
    4,812 Posts
    Most of them looks so much better while some of them... Not so much.

Poor Mekansm.
    Yeah I liked the old Mekansm too, it always made me feel like a Saint Bernard.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2777
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    I like that Mekansm actually looks like a mechanism instead of a necklace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2778
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    My team had no supports and I was nighstalker, went for mek and it saved our asses so many times, hurray for stupid builds!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

19. Post #2779
    June 2011
    2,945 Posts
    Dota 2 doesn't update for me :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #2780
    moo
    November 2006
    4,812 Posts
    Dota 2 doesn't update for me :/
    The update isn't out on the main client yet, it's only on the test client right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

21. Post #2781
    January 2008
    645 Posts
    How does one pronounce Mekansm? Like Mekanism or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #2782
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    HOLY FUCK WE'RE BACK. I didn't realize it at first because my gut reaction every time I open Chrome is to come here.

I played four games today. Two were total failures and I really tried. The other two I played Bloodseeker and rushed an Abyssal Blade and I played Lion and rushed a Dagon and gave no fucks.

wat
    its funny because there was no reason for us to win that bloodseeker game

23. Post #2783
    January 2012
    54 Posts
    It's just a phonetic for "Mechanism".

Pronounce it as such.

24. Post #2784
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    reduced to sitting in a base, someone did this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #2785
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    Just won a game with a full carry team except for myself on Veno, again made every single support item, mek, pipe, drums, arcane and medallion.

We had a rough early game except for myself and clinkz but oh boy, they let us farm and a full carry team is not what you want late game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

26. Post #2786
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    Just won a game with a full carry team except for myself on Veno, again made every single support item, mek, pipe, drums, arcane and medallion.

We had a rough early game except for myself and clinkz but oh boy, they let us farm and a full carry team is not what you want late game.
    I played a full carry game last night, I was all pessimistic but after a while we started racking up kills like crazy, also their team had two idiots who farmed the entire game (50 minutes of farming) and when they finally participated we just killed them in 3 hits and they sat in base while everyone even their own team laughed at them- then we lost because their SF was fed to hell.

27. Post #2787
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    i just played a game as SD and it wasn't fun to have 4 eastern Europeans on my team who constantly pinged everywhere, disconnected/reconnected whilst speaking in all caps (in their language)

i just fucking hope they implement so you can't get matchmaked with people who you have ignored/reported
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2788
    June 2011
    2,945 Posts
    The update isn't out on the main client yet, it's only on the test client right now.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

29. Post #2789
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,339 Posts
    i guess you could say that the new ui has been

set in stone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

30. Post #2790
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,943 Posts
    I love Lion. And I love the Finger of Death. And Mana Drain. And Hex. And Earth Spike. And Veil of Dischord.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2791
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I love Lion. And I love the Finger of Death. And Mana Drain. And Hex. And Earth Spike. And Veil of Dischord.
    Keep fingering people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #2792
    May 2011
    3,221 Posts
    Lion is one of my fav int heroes.
    Why?
    Because motherfucking transmog into a fucking frog which lasts 4 goddamn seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #2793
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,839 Posts
    You know what would be fun? Playing Dota2 for a living, as a career.

I surfed some competitive teams as well as players at dota2wiki. Some of them must make a nice living besides from the winning prizes at tournaments, not sure if they go to other jobs.. probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #2794
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    And Ethereal Blade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2795
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,866 Posts
    Sorry Buddy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

36. Post #2796
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    And Ethereal Blade.
    Etheral Blade on Lion is probably the dumbest thing I've seen, Ghost Scepter is in all ways better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

37. Post #2797
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,595 Posts
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/f/f9/Omni_item_07.mp3

38. Post #2798
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,631 Posts
    I hate when I'm watching a stream and they keep pronouncing it "Mech-an-sum"

39. Post #2799
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Icon comparison:

When you show this a lot of the new icons do actually look fantastic so with a bit of touching up this could be amazing.
    Valve did one major thing wrong though and they always fuck this up with icons (See: TF2 items). Some of the icons face left while some face right with no real rhyme or reason to it and it just seems kind of dumb.
    One of my favorite things about this though is that they made aura on/off effects much more visible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2800
    October 2009
    12,683 Posts
    Apparently they just updated test client again and fixed some of the item icons and changed some of them.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=32625

I wonder what they changed. I read they changed the color of vlads.