1. Post #2361
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    no i didnt? i said it was a really underappreciated item, the fuck are you on about
    q: why does nobody buy halberd, arguably one of the best str items in the game
    k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #2362
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    can you please point out where i said its the best item in the game period
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #2363
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,520 Posts
    ok honest question and I want as many opinions as possible

is pudge hard to play
    He's not hard but I don't think I'm at the level where I just have to roam the map and hook/know all the surprise spots because I'm not that consistent yet. Either way, I've only played him twice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2364
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,993 Posts
    Me and boat have no luck ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #2365
    Ask me about my ex-boyfriend being raided by the FBI
    August 2009
    1,862 Posts
    I keep playing inhouses to try to learn Brewmaster more and keep getting games where I can't find a good use for my ult. Every fight is basically over by the time I've stomped, hazed, and used any actives I have, so I can never practice microing his splits.

6. Post #2366
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    446 Posts
    Instead of playing me and my friend got lots of couriers
    our games crashed but we had more

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #2367
    October 2009
    12,690 Posts
    Dear people: If you are going to demand mid. FUCKING GANK. Don't stay in your lane for 25 minutes and let people free farm. Just lost 2 games due to this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #2368
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,341 Posts
    Phase boots or Treads on Necrolyte?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2369
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    watch in 1080p!!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #2370
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,004 Posts
    Dear people: If you are going to demand mid. FUCKING GANK. Don't stay in your lane for 25 minutes and let people free farm. Just lost 2 games due to this.
    And then you have those people that fail gank 24/7 and fall behind in farm and experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #2371
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    Mid ganking depends on hero and player. If player knows how to gank, he can do it with pretty much any hero, while others might not want to do so as Drow/OD/etc , because they'd rather farm and carry later.

True, mid is most suitable for ganks, but if you really want it, you could ask some specific hero to roam when mid doesn't want to /can't gank. Sidelaning Night Stalker after 6th for example, Crystal Maiden, etc. Those heroes with some levels can gank very efficiently, and while you'd prefer mid Night Stalker ganking every time it's night, a sidelane one roaming a lot isn't that bad.

Hell, have you guy ever seen roaming Morphling ? I've seen it on Purge's stream and it was quite good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

12. Post #2372
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,993 Posts
    CM is not a good ganker on the fact alone that a dry slug is faster than she is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #2373
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    CM is not a good ganker on the fact alone that a dry slug is faster than she is.
    Tranquil boots give her some nice MS boost and Slow+Snare is rather good for ganks.

14. Post #2374
    October 2009
    12,690 Posts
    The problem was in both games we could set up kills very easy but every time they would escape with very little hp. If we just had some help it would have been free kills. I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to help with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

15. Post #2375
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    The problem was in both games we could set up kills very easy but every time they would escape with very little hp. If we just had some help it would have been free kills. I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to help with that.
    Someone might've not noticed. Tunnel Vission is quite common when it comes to games like these, because besides global awareness there is also micro-managment like last-hits or microing.

16. Post #2376
    October 2009
    12,690 Posts
    Someone might've not noticed. Tunnel Vission is quite common when it comes to games like these, because besides global awareness there is also micro-managment like last-hits or microing.
    We yelled at them several times that there were easy kills at bot. They told us "farm was more important." Then they proceeded to do nothing with the farm.

17. Post #2377
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    Guys, does Quelling Blade work off total damage, or only base damage ?

Edited:

We yelled at them several times that there were easy kills at bot. They told us "farm was more important." Then they proceeded to do nothing with the farm.
    Rather obvious conclusion, isn't it ? People could use lectures about Dota if they are going to play like that.

18. Post #2378
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,054 Posts
    Instead of playing me and my friend got lots of couriers
    our games crashed but we had more
    Doing it wrong. You need to make a giant conga line. Make them all follow the next one in line, make entire map long conga line from Radiant to Dire.

19. Post #2379
    September 2009
    839 Posts
    Had the quickest game of Dota 2 ever today. 26 mins. They're beastmaster left saying "shit team l2p noobs" and then their AM and Ursa disconnected after like 10 mins so it's to be expected.

20. Post #2380
    February 2010
    389 Posts
    Had the quickest game of Dota 2 ever today. 26 mins. They're beastmaster left saying "shit team l2p noobs" and then their AM and Ursa disconnected after like 10 mins so it's to be expected.
    had quicker, 20 min, two of my team left then the enemy team just pushed and won :P

also, had another game where i was romping as ursa, enemy shadow demon kept calling ursa op "cause he can take out a whole team by himself"
    isnt that what a carry does?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #2381
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Me and boat have no luck ever.
    i think that last night wasnt the worst game of my life, but it was definitely the least enjoyable

22. Post #2382
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    Guys, honestly. Does quelling blade % work off Base Damge or Total Damage ? It's really bugging me somehow and right now I am a bit busy to check it in Dota myself. (Have to watch all HP movies, Dead Poet Society, 30 Door key and Labors of Sisyphus, then work them into "School Motive in movies and litearture" work.)

23. Post #2383
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    Last night when I was playing I heard Kleiner (from HL2) say, "oh fiddlesticks" right after I killed Roshan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

24. Post #2384
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,622 Posts
    I just received Dota 2.

I am very happy at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 8Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #2385
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Last night when I was playing I heard Kleiner (from HL2) say, "oh fiddlesticks" right after I killed Roshan.
    You can't know how much I want the Dota 2 store to be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2386
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    331 Posts
    watch in 1080p!!

<Video>
    Wow, that's a very smooth framerate.
    Yea, hate it when some random comes and KSes you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

27. Post #2387
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,470 Posts
    I had a 7 minute game due to the fact we got a few early kills and they decided "fuck this im out" and all left at the same time.

28. Post #2388
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,520 Posts
    Guys, honestly. Does quelling blade % work off Base Damge or Total Damage ? It's really bugging me somehow and right now I am a bit busy to check it in Dota myself. (Have to watch all HP movies, Dead Poet Society, 30 Door key and Labors of Sisyphus, then work them into "School Motive in movies and litearture" work.)
    Should be total damage. It would make more sense.

29. Post #2389
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,799 Posts
    That's the entity error noise in Source, though Tinker says it if he dies.

Edited:

I had a 7 minute game due to the fact we got a few early kills and they decided "fuck this im out" and all left at the same time.
    If people leave before 15 mins, the game won't count, except for the person abandons. The team without the leaver won't get a win, though if the team with the leaver wins, they will get the win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #2390
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,470 Posts
    That makes sense thanks for the info. I was wondering why it didn't count, though I speculated as much.

31. Post #2391
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    Should be total damage. It would make more sense.
    Would it now ? It's mostly early game item that you sell as soon as you need item slot (unless enemy team has Tequoia). Increasing damage against creep by % of total damage seems a bit too nice against creep-controlling heroes, especially since it's much cheaper than Hand of Midas.

32. Post #2392
    سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ امارتيخ ̷̴̐خ
    November 2010
    2,108 Posts
    If anyone would be so kind to trade their spare dota 2 I would be very interested in giving any <15 steam game for it! (I already have dota 2, it's for my friend)

*I got one*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #2393
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,799 Posts
    If anyone would be so kind to trade their spare dota 2 I would be very interested in giving any <15 steam game for it! (I already have dota 2, it's for my friend)
    Title posted:
    "This thread is the worst place to beg for a key."

34. Post #2394
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    it's official, nobody ever reads the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

35. Post #2395
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,140 Posts
    At least he's bartering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #2396
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I did back when I got my key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #2397
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    That's the entity error noise in Source, though Tinker says it if he dies.
    I was playing with a Tinker, that makes sense.

38. Post #2398
    July 2010
    5,173 Posts
    Actually I read the OP when I first started getting serious about DOTA.

Helped me a real lot. Even though DOTA was my first moba, not a single one of my friends ever told me not to autoattack creeps. But the OP did.

39. Post #2399
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,622 Posts
    Played my first three games.

Won two of them.

C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #2400
    November 2007
    646 Posts
    Zeus and pugna make a good combo. Makes those early ganks really easy. Decrepify then lighting strike and they are almost completely dead.