9,485 Posts
    some guy said riki was good and i told him riki was cheap
    how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1122
    moo
    November 2006
    4,705 Posts
    Cheap because you only need 180 gold to counter him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #1123
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    i wouldnt call a hero that can be effectively shut down before picking ends cheap

4. Post #1124
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,509 Posts

Made by not me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,287 Posts
    Unless you're a hard carry, practicing with bots to realize a hero is so fucking dumb. I'm not saying you should play a normal without knowing a hero, but the bots themselves are idiots. Oh they are pushing our top lane? Welp lets all go bot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1126
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Just emailed Valve asking if they could provide me with any ideas about the release order of some of the heroes, and how the heroes go through the development process, also asked about what stage Visage and Slark(two favorite heroes) are in in development. Hoping for a reply soon. :optimistic:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

7. Post #1127
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Unless you're a hard carry, practicing with bots to realize a hero is so fucking dumb. I'm not saying you should play a normal without knowing a hero, but the bots themselves are idiots. Oh they are pushing our top lane? Welp lets all go bot.
    are you sure you were actually in a bot game and didnt just queue on the europe server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #1128
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Any tips for countering Huskar? He always rapes my shit in middle lane.
    Huskar is so easily countered, stuns, silences, disables, most heroes can counter him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    Everyone just kinda runs at huskar and expects to cause more damage than he can heal without doing anything but autoattacking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #1130
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,089 Posts
    I'm stuck in the area between high skill and medium skill (According to the watch games tab)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #1131
    May 2011
    3,101 Posts
    I was Huskar in Dire team at botlane soloing against lina and ES.
    Killed them both 6 times in 10 mins while they didn't kill me at all, and I was lvl 11 when they were 6.
    Don't fight Huskar if you don't have the damage to finish him off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

12. Post #1132
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,768 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #1133
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,843 Posts
    fuck finals week. Haven't played dota for a week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #1134
    cool too bad nobody cares

please dont attention whore in this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

15. Post #1135
    May 2011
    3,101 Posts
    Played Zeus once more
    Loving dem orchid + Veil aghanim ults twice within a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,197 Posts
    God I love scythe, but the item build up is so fucking annoying to farm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1137
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,509 Posts
    Lost again. Not really mad, though, because we put up a really good fight, and it wasn't an outright steamroll.

I blame it almost entirely on our Zeus, though, who refused to let Lich babysit Void, called Drow bad when she was doing better than anybody else, called Lich a noob for not going after a low health guy in a 1v5, and generally just called everybody bad while having the least kills and most deaths in the game.

18. Post #1138
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,197 Posts
    Bleh, team of 4 retards.

Axe doesn't get blink dagger, demands me to give him speed boost all game so he can try to initiate against a pebbles and pudge. vengeful decided to go carry and ended up with treads and manta, fed 2-11-3 or something. Windrunner was half decent but kept standing still and pudge hooked him at least twice a minute. and i had no idea what dragon knight was playing as, I think it was support but he had a bunch of +damage items.

I mean I'm bad by most peoples standards but these guys were so much worse than me.

I did enjoy playing as Dark Seer though, his ult is phenomenal. Got me up to 20 or so assists. Oh wells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #1139
    April 2011
    651 Posts
    I just got yelled at for warding. Awesome pubs. "Bitch I do not need no wards I am bear."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,388 Posts
    "Bitch I do not need no wards I am bear."
    A silly bear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

21. Post #1141
    April 2011
    454 Posts
    Bleh, team of 4 retards.

Axe doesn't get blink dagger, demands me to give him speed boost all game so he can try to initiate against a pebbles and pudge. vengeful decided to go carry and ended up with treads and manta, fed 2-11-3 or something. Windrunner was half decent but kept standing still and pudge hooked him at least twice a minute. and i had no idea what dragon knight was playing as, I think it was support but he had a bunch of +damage items.

I mean I'm bad by most peoples standards but these guys were so much worse than me.

I did enjoy playing as Dark Seer though, his ult is phenomenal. Got me up to 20 or so assists. Oh wells.
    who is pebbles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    967 Posts
    who is pebbles
    Tiny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

23. Post #1143
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    16,742 Posts
    broodmother is godlike
    the second that bitch closes vlads shit hits the fan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1144
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,197 Posts
    who is pebbles
    Ahh, sorry, tiny. Sometimes I say HoN heroes without thinking when I'm ranting. I'm kinda surprised he was the only one I said wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1145
    April 2011
    651 Posts
    So im trying to get better. I always seem to be underleveled though/ Next time I play im going to try and stay near places where units are dying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

26. Post #1146
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,527 Posts
    Hmm, why is it that I never seem to find the runes even though they spawn at 0:00 and no one took them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

27. Post #1147
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,801 Posts
    Hmm, why is it that I never seem to find the runes even though they spawn at 0:00 and no one took them.
    Are you/your team there at 0;00 ? It's common practice to cover those with either heroes or units so that as soon as they spawn, they are grabbed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

28. Post #1148
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,693 Posts
    I can't play melee heroes for shit, I'm not good with carries too. I'm shit
    Ranged carries are kinda fun though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

29. Post #1149
    August 2011
    3,245 Posts
    I think i do worse with bots on the easist difficulty. The enemy aren't Genius. They co ordinate with eachother well- but they don't coordinate with ME!!!

Doesn't stun when they are supposed to. So i Begin to spin/blink/powerup/whatever. After this is done, They might decide to stun.

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    So im trying to get better. I always seem to be underleveled though/ Next time I play im going to try and stay near places where units are dying.
    I had this issue, it was because I spent too much time wandering around trying to get kills and didn't stay near my lane

31. Post #1151
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,197 Posts
    Ahh, sorry, tiny. Sometimes I say HoN heroes without thinking when I'm ranting. I'm kinda surprised he was the only one I said wrong.
    Talking about HoN, all of /r/HeroesOfNewerth switched to DOTA2 after $2 (S2) made the /r/HoN moderator censor anything bad against S2 or HoN, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1152
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,509 Posts
    I had this issue, it was because I spent too much time wandering around trying to get kills and didn't stay near my lane
    Part of the reason I love having a range indicator on. I have it set to Blink Dagger/Experience range, so I know how far away I can blink/be while still getting exp from a creep kill.

Edited:

Apparently my losing streak has dropped me down to low skill level.

Anybody wanna be a bro and play a few games with me, to help me get back to medium, at least?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1153
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    Apparently my losing streak has dropped me down to low skill level.

Anybody wanna be a bro and play a few games with me, to help me get back to medium, at least?
    This happened to me, I'm soloing against 3 carries as a support and winning, then suddenly my team starts shitting on itself and within a few minutes we get bulldozed- like every match. Nobody communicates and everyone does their own thing, the closest thing I've gotten to communication was a spanish speaking dude that just kept calling me a perro :(

34. Post #1154
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,509 Posts

Welp.
    That was awesome.
    INB4 Beardy posting flashing letters. I feel this contributes to the thread, since it's my first win in a fucking week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #1155
    The Pain Train's a-comin! Woo woo!
    August 2010
    944 Posts
    All I can say is

dat Lina
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

36. Post #1156
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,438 Posts
    Maybe people should just start thumb tagging end game screens, then it won't be huge and Beardy can scroll past it. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1157
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,509 Posts
    Maybe people should just start thumb tagging end game screens, then it won't be huge and Beardy can scroll past it. ;)
    Bam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1158
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    16,742 Posts
    i dont mind the endgame screens
    people should stop being bothered by pictures so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1159
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,693 Posts
    i dont mind the endgame screens
    people should stop being bothered by pictures so much
    It's just that they're more of the same, and instead of actually talking about builds/how it affected your game, people talk about "how good they are" or "how bad their teammates were", as opposed to "jesus my rapier really stood out", "that riki should've done this" and such.

Edited:

Keywords "more of the same"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

40. Post #1160
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,509 Posts
    It's just that they're more of the same, and instead of actually talking about builds/how it affected your game, people talk about "how good they are" or "how bad their teammates were", as opposed to "jesus my rapier really stood out", "that riki should've done this" and such.

Edited:

Keywords "more of the same"
    Speaking of items and crap
    15 minutes in I already had Arcane Boots and Blink Dagger.
    Lycan was their mid, I guess, but he was only there for like 2 or 3 minutes tops, the rest of the time he was in their jungle, so I had a piss easy time with mid.
    I only bought Shiva's right at the end, 'cause I wasn't sure if it was gonna be over as soon as it was, plus I used it while we were fountain diving.