1. Post #41
    February 2012
    49 Posts
    Oh yaahhhh I know this program i have a tut on my yt channel check it out www.youtube.com/BOREDRESOLVER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42

November 2008
    299 Posts
    The download isn't working.

3. Post #43

June 2011
    2 Posts
    Great i unpacked it and fixed some codes...now how do i turn it back into a .gma? :S

4. Post #44
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,189 Posts
    Great i unpacked it and fixed some codes...now how do i turn it back into a .gma? :S
    Why would you need to unless you're republishing it?

sorry, I don't know how the workshop system works very well. But I assume Gmod13 works fine with normal addon folders so I can't see why you would need to remake it into a .gma.

5. Post #45
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,733 Posts
    Gmod 13 supports legacy addon formats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    June 2009
    102 Posts
    The legacy addon system has numerous limitations over .gma, including increased loadtimes, non auto generating spawnlists, the inability to disable legacy addons ingame, and that they don't even load on Mac/Linux.

An offline .gma packer would be quite useful, given that the workshopper has so many limitations (must be your content or have direct permission, under 50mb, file extension whitelist, makes it public, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #47

October 2012
    2 Posts
    Hey guys, my first post here :D.
    This is my own version of a GMA extractor. My program is basically the same as this original, except it has all the fixes, and a GUI, and it's written in C#.
    The only code that I based on the original is the code to read the GMA files, so credit goes to SiPlus for that.
    It can read command line arguments, but quite a bit different, because it takes a folder, not just a singlefile. Make sure you read the Readme.txt file included.

Download here
    Download Source here

Good luck :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 17Friendly Friendly x 6Useful Useful x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    July 2008
    1,334 Posts
    This is my own version of a GMA extractor. My program is basically the same as this original, except it has all the fixes, and a GUI, and it's written in C#.
    The only code that I based on the original is the code to read the GMA files, so credit goes to SiPlus for that.
    It can read command line arguments, but quite a bit different, because it takes a folder, not just a singlefile. Make sure you read the Readme.txt file included.

Download here
    Download Source here

I love you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 4Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    June 2009
    102 Posts
    Is there any chance you could work on packaging a folder back into a GMA file? I don't care about any of the metadata, I just want my folders full of models/materials to have proper spawnlists.

That'd be amazing :D

10. Post #50
    December 2010
    883 Posts
    Now we just need a program to convert gmod to gmod13 (fixing any errors)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #51

October 2012
    2 Posts
    Now we just need a program to convert gmod to gmod13 (fixing any errors)
    Well I've been doing some stuff lol.. And I've come to the conclusion that gmod13 is looking for an addon.txt instead of an info.txt. So the first step is to rename the info.txt to addon.txt. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    thread killa
    May 2010
    962 Posts
    Is there any chance you could work on packaging a folder back into a GMA file? I don't care about any of the metadata, I just want my folders full of models/materials to have proper spawnlists.

That'd be amazing :D
    Loading 44 legacy addons causes a lot of hang, so I'll happily take the new file format if this can be done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    July 2012
    191 Posts
    Thank you, Shadoh!

14. Post #54

January 2012
    9 Posts
    how bout gmod12 to gmod13?

15. Post #55
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    how bout gmod12 to gmod13?
    Just rename your info.txt to addon.txt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRY
    Dennab
    July 2012
    231 Posts

Download here
    Download Source here

You are my new best friend!

17. Post #57

January 2012
    9 Posts
    Just rename your info.txt to addon.txt
    Doesn't work with all. I want to use the Shuttle Mod again...

18. Post #58

January 2012
    9 Posts
    Ok, I have this file that I want to convert to a .gma format. Can that GMAD thing do this?

19. Post #59
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    947 Posts
    Ok, I have this file that I want to convert to a .gma format. Can that GMAD thing do this?
    Just upload it to the Steam Workshop, it'll get converted into GMA format for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    June 2009
    102 Posts
    Just upload it to the Steam Workshop, it'll get converted into GMA format for you.
    The legacy addon system has numerous limitations over .gma, including increased loadtimes, non auto generating spawnlists, and the inability to disable legacy addons ingame.

An offline .gma packer would be quite useful, given that the workshopper has so many limitations (must be your content or have direct permission, under 50mb, file extension whitelist, etc)
    Would love an offline packer no matter how basic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,537 Posts
    -snip nvm-

22. Post #62
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,399 Posts
    Would love an offline packer no matter how basic!
    True. I want it so I can mount ragdolls and models as well as some toybox stuff I downloaded. (ofc it's not mine so I don't want to upload to workshop.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    July 2008
    2,189 Posts
    True. I want it so I can mount ragdolls and models as well as some toybox stuff I downloaded. (ofc it's not mine so I don't want to upload to workshop.)
    You should be able to mount them as legacy addons?

Although yes, a gma offline packer would be extremely handy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,399 Posts
    You should be able to mount them as legacy addons?

Although yes, a gma offline packer would be extremely handy.
    I can't even manage that. I renamed info.txt to addon.txt even tried the legacy addon browser. No luck, It sees the folder but the models don't load. It's rather annoying.

25. Post #65
    July 2008
    2,189 Posts
    I can't even manage that. I renamed info.txt to addon.txt even tried the legacy addon browser. No luck, It sees the folder but the models don't load. It's rather annoying.
    I've loaded a fair few things into addons as models over the past 2 weeks. Mainly snowballs/hats and a pointless tree for christmas. But I had no issues with any of them.

26. Post #66
    March 2010
    129 Posts
    It is true, using the legacy system for addons does take its sweet time about loading it, however, as said, the legacy system has almost no limitations and allows others to edit a addon if they need it a certain way. I have to use the Legacy system since the "Workshop Uploader" for Gmod feaked out on me and now doesnt work.

Did 4 uploads of BL:R, the HS, Spider Tank, the BL:TD ragdolls, and BL:R Deacon for those wanting to not use the Legacy. Steam seriously should have a uploader for the workshop, with all the settings such as the basics. Something other users can use. I do admit, Garry and his devs did some good worth with making it faster with the new format, but I dont like the fact of giving up the ability of using my addons that I made and cant use cause its not in .GMA.

27. Post #67
    Cue
    March 2011
    15 Posts
    We needed a way to batch extract our GMA files for FastDL purposes, and I was happy to find this thread and zQaX's edit for the latest file versions.

Sadly there was still an issue with it though, as the directories it created had odd permissions and weren't writeable by even the owner (pass...) so I did a quick modification for Linux compatibility (added 0755 to mkdir).

Binary
    Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    June 2009
    102 Posts
    Does anyone know a good way to load .gma files without being subscribed to their corresponding workshop id? I've been trying to make an offline .gma packer for my reasons above, but the only way I've managed to get the .gma to mount has been to subscribe to a dummy addon that looked like it wouldn't be updated, copying bytes d-f from the addon into mine (they appear to be a 24bit version number), and renaming my file to the dummy's. I was hoping to make a Wiremod that worked on Mac, but this workshop trickery is a bit too silly to release.

Also, the file extension whitelist is clientside in gmod too (not just the workshopper/workshop), I had to remove all of wiremods .txts to get a working addon, because Garry hates having example files in /data.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member

January 2012
    43 Posts
    Broken for me.

30. Post #70
    Cue
    March 2011
    15 Posts
    Broken for me.
    My CI server was down, back up now though.

31. Post #71

March 2013
    114 Posts

Download here
    Download Source here

If I extract this then put the folder in my addons folder, will it work even as a gamemode? I want to edit the stranded gamemode.
    It seems like it all shoudl go to the root folder

32. Post #72
    Google first. ( Wiki )
    May 2008
    7,173 Posts
    If I extract this then put the folder in my addons folder, will it work even as a gamemode? I want to edit the stranded gamemode.
    It seems like it all shoudl go to the root folder
    You don't want to edit stranded gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #73

March 2013
    114 Posts
    You don't want to edit stranded gamemode.
    Why's that?
    All I want to do is add some props that you can build and some weapons maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    November 2012
    1,088 Posts
    I'm having a problem with this. When I try to extract certain .gma's, it won't let me, and I get an error saying "The given path's format is not supported". Anyone know how to fix?

35. Post #75
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,733 Posts
    I'm having a problem with this. When I try to extract certain .gma's, it won't let me, and I get an error saying "The given path's format is not supported". Anyone know how to fix?
    Use the official GMad tool now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    April 2009
    36 Posts
    I am having the same problem and I and using the the the offical one

37. Post #77

January 2012
    1 Posts
    I am having the same problem and I and using the the the offical one
    Likewise

38. Post #78
    December 2010
    6,374 Posts
    2 week bump, but I am also having this problem on a specific model I want to use to extract and use in SFM. Either says it's an incorrect file path, or it's being used in a different process in which I am certain it is not.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    771 Posts
    You guys. Stop bumping this thread and use the official tool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80

July 2013
    1 Posts
    Can, you please take it off treesoft.dk it seems to be down for the past few days I am unable to install it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)