1. Post #81
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,203 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,465 Posts
    Hoping the 660 wont be meh and has atleast 2gb of VRAM for EVGA boards

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,155 Posts
    That scaling doubled in Bf3! Niceeeee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,109 Posts
    Oh boy I can't wait to pay GTX 680 price for a 670 ti!

Proof.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1681551

I understand they want to make money, it just doesn't seem right.

6. Post #86
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,947 Posts
    inching ever closer to that Crysis 1200p 60 fps average landmark

7. Post #87
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    Oh boy I can't wait to pay GTX 680 price for a 670 ti!

Proof.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1681551

I understand they want to make money, it just doesn't seem right.
    afaik the 680 and 670 Ti are two different cards.

8. Post #88
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    This type of cooling is absolute shit to be honest, especially for a high end GPU. They should just make a full body bare waterblock instead.
    From what I remember of the reviews on it, it was actually one of the best performing and quietest cards you could get.

9. Post #89
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    inching ever closer to that Crysis 1200p 60 fps average landmark
    'Bout damn time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #90
    December 2008
    547 Posts
    Being a person that is into Folding@Home. I am quite fond of the tripling of the CUDA cores.

GTX 580=512
    GTX 680=1536
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    May 2011
    499 Posts
    Didn't the 680's compute performance get ruined completely? Or was that just luxmark?

12. Post #92
    December 2008
    547 Posts
    Didn't the 680's compute performance get ruined completely? Or was that just luxmark?
    Yah that was the OpenGL stuff. Nvidia is trying to make CUDA the industry standard.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1881/15/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    August 2007
    855 Posts
    Being a person that is into Folding@Home. I am quite fond of the tripling of the CUDA cores.

GTX 580=512
    GTX 680=1536
    Do keep in mind that the clocks on those aren't doubled anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,360 Posts
    From what I remember of the reviews on it, it was actually one of the best performing and quietest cards you could get.
    That's not my point. I'm saying that people who owns flagship cards and want to watercool it most likely already have their own watercooling loop. They don't really need any cheap performing closed loop coolers like these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Inf swapping the 301.10 drivers and 196.10 drivers = Adaptive V-sync and FXAA for me!

Mass Effect is suddenly playable and i'm about to give The Witcher 2 a swing with it too.

There's a "Half refresh rate" option under Adaptive V-sync. I think it's supposed to make it remotely possible for people with 120Hz screens to have V-sync. But so far i'm using it with great results on a 60Hz screen in Metro and GTA4.

Really. I hope they bring this to all gpu generations, because this is more than just the usual gimmick.

16. Post #96
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    I should try the inf swap with my GTX 460M on my laptop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97

April 2011
    4,527 Posts
    I know I'm being stupid here but what's an inf swap?

Please forgive me I'm tired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    It's just placing a inf file in a folder.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232734/g...-non-600-cards

19. Post #99

April 2011
    4,527 Posts
    What is that guy on about with the install instructions?

20. Post #100
    October 2010
    12,957 Posts
    Damn, why don't these Nvidia-guys just make a mega-graphics GTA-style RP-game with thick-furred yeties and.. shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #101
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    What is that guy on about with the install instructions?
    Just do the swap and do a clean install, which you can pick during install and you should be go.

22. Post #102

April 2011
    4,527 Posts
    Just do the swap and do a clean install, which you can pick during install and you should be go.
    It's telling me that my card isn't supported (I'm using a 460 btw).

EDIT: I fixed it.

Edited:

Apparently the new drivers are unsigned?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    Damn, why don't these Nvidia-guys just make a mega-graphics GTA-style RP-game with thick-furred yeties and.. shit.
    They don't have the capabilities for it. They'd have to hire an entire team pretty much, which would make an already expensive project even more expensive.

I'd love to see a game made specifically for one card (like GTX680). See what the devs can do with optimization on old shitty hardware (consoles). Imagine what could be done if the same was done on a cutting edge setup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #104
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    Hm.

Can't get the inf swap to work.

25. Post #105
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Note that after install it told me that the installation wasn't complete. On closer inspection Only the grapics driver had been installed while the rest stayed the same.

26. Post #106
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    I keep getting an error about not having compatible graphics hardware.

27. Post #107
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I keep getting an error about not having compatible graphics hardware.
    Are you in the folder: Display.Driver and swapping over NV_disp.inf?

Only swap that single file over and you should be go.

28. Post #108
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    39,025 Posts
    Yup.

Did that. I'm doing a clean install of Windows 7 on Thursday so I'll try again then. Although it may not be working because I'm using a laptop with a GTX 460M.

29. Post #109
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I'll cross my fingers.

30. Post #110
    December 2009
    3,743 Posts
    They don't have the capabilities for it. They'd have to hire an entire team pretty much, which would make an already expensive project even more expensive.

I'd love to see a game made specifically for one card (like GTX680). See what the devs can do with optimization on old shitty hardware (consoles). Imagine what could be done if the same was done on a cutting edge setup.
    I want to see a game made for 4096x2160 CF/SLI 7970/680 and equivalent other parts for no bottlenecking.

It sounds like Epic is onto something like that but they also said that it was going to be made for the next gen console and the gpu for that one at best would be the 580 or 6970 because I do not think those would want to pay for more than that.

31. Post #111
    Saq
    March 2012
    43 Posts
    Nvidia 680 GTX ARE YOU READY TO BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE AGAIN???? Edition from EVGA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Nvidia 680 GTX ARE YOU READY TO BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE AGAIN???? Edition from EVGA
    The fuck are you talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,731 Posts
    More like: "EVGA GTX 680 "DO YOU REALLY NEED TWO KIDNEYS?" - EDITION"

"GAME INCLUDED: PIRATES: RAIDING THE FAMILY TREASURE CHEST"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

34. Post #114

April 2011
    4,527 Posts
    Yup.

Did that. I'm doing a clean install of Windows 7 on Thursday so I'll try again then. Although it may not be working because I'm using a laptop with a GTX 460M.
    You need to close the main install window and run the setup file in the Display.Driver folder.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,247 Posts
    It looks amazing but I don't have $500 :(

Well I do, but I have to upgrade my Mobo, CPU, RAM, etc here in a month so I'll probably just stick with my 460 SE

36. Post #116
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Well. If i was to get this, i'd have to get a whole new computer really. p43 motherboard and DDR2 800Mhz ram just doesn't go far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,203 Posts
    It's a good idea to wait for the first few batches to come and go anyway. That way, MSI, EVGA etc have time to experiment with their own versions of cooling and whatnot. It gives you more options to choose from in the long run.

38. Post #118
    It's a good idea to wait for the first few batches to come and go anyway. That way, MSI, EVGA etc have time to experiment with their own versions of cooling and whatnot. It gives you more options to choose from in the long run.
    Unless you plan on watercooling, in which case, getting reference is a top priority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #119
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,360 Posts
    Asus and MSI tends to follow the reference design the best. I've had bad experiances with eVGA where the layout is the same, but they used non reference parts such as chokes that are taller than the reference ones.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,304 Posts
    Bought one.

Immediately afterwards my current graphics card's fan tore up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)