1. Post #1
    April 2011
    904 Posts
    http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/for...-catholic-care
    Underage sexual abuse victims were castrated in Dutch Roman Catholic psychiatric wards in the 1950s, according to the Rotterdam-based newspaper NRC Handelsblad.

Castration was performed on young men who were thought to be homosexual, but also as a means of punishing those who blew the whistle on abusers, the paper quotes sources as saying.

NRC discovered proof of the forced castration of one young man and strong evidence that at least ten other abuse victims were subjected to the removal of their testicles. The proof includes court documents, medical records, letters from lawyers and private correspondence.

According to the paper, the practice was reported in 2010 to the Deetman Commission which completed its investigation of sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic church last December. The commission, led by former cabinet minister Wim Deetman of the Christian Democrat party (CDA), made no mention of the castration of abuse victims in its final report.

NRC also writes that a prominent Dutch politician tried to secure a royal pardon for Catholic brothers convicted of sexual abuse at Harreveld, a former boarding school in the Netherlands. The politician was Vic Marijnen, who later became Dutch prime minister.

Marijnen was chairman of the Harreveld board of governors at the time when the abuses took place. He was also vice-chairman of the Netherlands' main Catholic child protection agency and leader of the Catholic People's Party (KVP), which later merged with Protestant groups to create the Christian Democrats.

In a reaction, the church-installed Deetman Commission says it did not publish any findings on the castration of abused minors in its final report because it had "too few leads for further investigation." The commission did not report on the actions of Vic Marijnen because "the case was unmistakeably tied to circumstances which could be traced back to an individual person." In its final report, the commission left most identities anonymous as a means of protecting individuals' privacy.
    disgusting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Puerto Rico Show Events Friendly x 112Winner x 6Funny x 6Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    That's fucking terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 61Funny x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2007
    1,956 Posts
    What horrible people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 45Disagree x 4Funny x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    The people who did this are sick fucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply South Africa Show Events Late Late x 7Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,017 Posts
    Meh, just as great as the news of a while ago where the entire village (and the entire village councile) knew a old man was touching young boys and never said anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    The church has been castrating boys for a long time to make them sing like females would.
    Fucking sick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree x 32Friendly x 2Informative x 1Winner x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,254 Posts
    This is exactly what god wants alright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 52Agree x 7Zing x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    But why are they castrating them?
    I mean do they even KNOW what homosexuality means?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2011
    904 Posts
    But why are they castrating them?
    I mean do they even KNOW what homosexuality means?
    something something devil worshiper right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Puerto Rico Show Events Funny Funny x 42Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    695 Posts
    Catholic Church does/inspires/covers up something despicable. Huge surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    I find it even more disturbing that they castrated boys who called pedos out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 40Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Yeah, Maybe America should take away the 3 billion dollars we give them every year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 31Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,011 Posts
    I don't remember this being one of the ten commandments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Thy homo genitalia sanctified through thou knife
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,220 Posts
    The funniest part is that the bible says that you can't go to church or Heaven if you get castrated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,677 Posts
    Catholicism folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,887 Posts
    It's god's will to snip the willy bits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    July 2009
    2,018 Posts
    The funniest part is that the bible says that you can't go to church or Heaven if you get castrated.
    but they're homosexual to begin with, so they won't be able to go to heaven either way! praise jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,847 Posts
    Are/were they afraid that they will/would've impregnate(d) all the men?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    September 2008
    166 Posts
    Can we do like a reverse Crusade or something? Shit like this makes me wanna swing a sword around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    17,300 Posts
    The bible says it's easier for a eunuch to go to heaven than anyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,373 Posts
    The bible says it's easier for a eunuch to go to heaven than anyone else.
    unless it's a rich eunuch.

gotta love these arbitrary rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #24
    August 2010
    1,160 Posts
    I can't wait to tell my holier than thou friends this.

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,254 Posts
    Fuck off religion. Do you really expect me to tolerate you after you do such crap?
    Fuck off people. Do you really expect me to tolerate you after you do such crap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,737 Posts
    Fuck off religion. Do you really expect me to tolerate you after you do such crap?
    Its not the religion, its the people following the religion, most religious books tell you to be kinda, to respect your neighbor, not to harm them, to accept them.

They say it in olden time's words and phrases, and that causes people to misinterpret the meaing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    No surprise, the Catholic Church is a world wide organization that is pretty much the closest thing to a conspiracy theory society or legion trying to control the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    February 2008
    305 Posts
    Wait, does this mean they believe in evolution? lol.... (even though obviously that doesn't make sense either, it would still be hilarious if they thought they were doing it to make a difference to them potentially reproducing). fucking hell some religious people are retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Wait, does this mean they believe in evolution? lol.... (even though obviously that doesn't make sense either, it would still be hilarious if they thought they were doing it to make a difference to them potentially reproducing). fucking hell some religious people are retarded.
    What? You're right, that makes no sense either since if the kids were gay they are already an evolutionary dead end so castrating them is pretty redundant.

And nah mate it's not hilarious if they think that, cause either way they just lopped off some kids bollocks because of their own fucking self righteousness.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,431 Posts
    This is what God's love feels like

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    4,074 Posts
    Jesus Christ. If *any* other organisation did this (assuming the Pope already knew), they would immediately be shut down and their leaders arrested for a whole host of offences, but since it's a religion that's fine. Can we stop accepting archaic, demeaning and unethical practices allowed around the world because somebody thinks a magic man in the sky told them to do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

32. Post #32
    Delicious Caramel
    June 2006
    1,423 Posts
    Good, castrating the gays would stop them from breeding, right?

... Right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Fuck off people. Do you really expect me to tolerate you after you do such crap?
    I haven't done shit.

Edited:

Jesus Christ. If *any* other organisation did this (assuming the Pope already knew), they would immediately be shut down and their leaders arrested for a whole host of offences, but since it's a religion that's fine. Can we stop accepting archaic, demeaning and unethical practices allowed around the world because somebody thinks a magic man in the sky told them to do it?
    No we can't, we have to respect their views. Be tolerant man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2010
    113 Posts
    Didn't the US government do the same thing around the same time also?

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    16,507 Posts
    Good, castrating the gays would stop them from breeding, right?

... Right?
    They are probably dumb enough to think gays are a separate species that can reproduce on its own, so yeah.

Edited:

Didn't the US government do the same thing around the same time also?
    Well for a while there was castration of dwarves and mentally challenged people. Don't know about homosexuals.

36. Post #36
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,090 Posts
    Are you serious?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,200 Posts
    I hope somewhere in the future people realise that religion outside the private practise and home should be forbidden. Those days may still be too far away however.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    16,507 Posts
    I will only show tolerance to people who are willing to be tolerant with others as well.

There are a fuckload of christians and religious people globally who are just very cool people, willing to simply share their knowledge and faith without forcing you to join their religion and without entitling themselves as better than you because you don't think the same way and don't like the same thing as them. I have met quite a lot of religious people I had very interesting conversations with concerning religion, and never has it went anywhere near an argument.

I am completely willing to tolerate THOSE people, because they are not a direct threat to others. I will, otherwise, despise any sort of religious people or really anyone who because of their beliefs will directly try to inhibit another person's freedom, because this is not what religion should be about, neither what human relations should be about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    Its not the religion, its the people following the religion, most religious books tell you to be kinda, to respect your neighbor, not to harm them, to accept them.

They say it in olden time's words and phrases, and that causes people to misinterpret the meaing.
    The old text can be very clearly cruel and merciless at times. By our standards ofcourse.
    It speaks of killing out of revenge or as punishment.