1. Post #121

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Hi all!

I've got a couple of concept art pieces for you. These are for a faster and weaker ship meant for boarding focus for the Vikings.

(Click for a larger picture)

(Click for a larger picture)

I'll have some more next week.

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    March 2009
    641 Posts
    25 players in one server. Shit was intense, all crafts in air, explosions everywhere.

Also, bump.

3. Post #123

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Hi everyone!

New version of the AirBuccaneers HD Alpha is out.
    You can grab the v0.50 from here: http://www.airbuccaneers.com/download/

You have to update in order to keep playing, because the older versions won't communicate with the newer master server. As you update, DO NOT UNZIP ON TOP OF OLDER VERSION, because it will go haywire.

Here's a crude changelist:
    - Automatic update system added. Will be used for any future updates.
    - Footstep sounds
    - Rockets’ range increased when fired from a cannon
    - Base cannon damage increased
    - Spotting lasts longer
    - Chat and scoreboard can be viewed while on a glider
    - Damaging or destroying anchored ships do not give XP
    - New start menu & map menu
    - Graphics improvements: Ship models, cannons, new boost rockets
    - Several performance improvements: Ragdoll slowdown fix, character ship deck calculation optimized
    - Several bug fixes: Particle system draw order, servers not appearing on map fix, several sound related fixes, random disconnect fix
    - Lots of other stuff

Have a nice weekend all!

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #124

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Happy Easter to you all!

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    I was having a game earlier and this seems pretty damn fun, actually.
    A tutorial would be good though.

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,091 Posts
    This game is awesome, and people were commenting on my piloting skills saying I was good :D

7. Post #127
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,324 Posts
    This game was the best at LAN parties~ :)

8. Post #128
    October 2009
    1,850 Posts
    This game was the best at LAN parties~ :)
    Take it from me, it still is, or if you halfnhalf; everybody on your team is in the same room, but you're playing against random people online. Fun and effective.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,893 Posts
    this game is really fun, but a tutorial would really help

10. Post #130
    December 2009
    5,005 Posts
    I was having a game earlier and this seems pretty damn fun, actually.
    A tutorial would be good though.
    But there is a tutorial. Before you log in theres a button that says "tutorial" on it.

11. Post #131

March 2011
    393 Posts
    this game is really fun, but a tutorial would really help
    Press F1 while ingame. Everything you need to know is there.

12. Post #132

March 2012
    28 Posts
    There indeed is tutorial that can be accessed in the game login screen. We know it's not really properly educative at the moment, but we are going to make it better in the future. Even so, it is helpful if you follow it through.

Also, here's a piece of Concept Art for the Buccaneers' Boarding Ship:

Hope you like it.

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,499 Posts
    You got my download. I'll try it out tonight, it looks awesome.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,020 Posts
    Been having alot of fun playing this with my eve corp TEST. The only thing that really is ruining it is the votekick whorage, a single vote boots you, and theirs no "vote no" so one butthurt player can, effectively, ruin a team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    January 2010
    9,603 Posts
    those concept art look fucking awesome, there's no way not realizing that. I must play soon again.

16. Post #136
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I was playing on a US East server.
    why were there russians there I was not happy being on the ship of someone I couldn't understand

17. Post #137

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Been having alot of fun playing this with my eve corp TEST. The only thing that really is ruining it is the votekick whorage, a single vote boots you, and theirs no "vote no" so one butthurt player can, effectively, ruin a team.
    Our programming wizards are at the moment working hard to fix this issue. You can expect the patch to appear into your ABUs soon.

Best regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    184 Posts
    I think the aircraft need to be a lot bigger. The two balloon craft needs double the floor space. I would also like to see a 3 ballooned craft (no boost) with a single long range (slow reload) artillery piece on a large map.

19. Post #139

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Our programming wizards are at the moment working hard to fix this issue. You can expect the patch to appear into your ABUs soon.

Best regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Our CTO told me just moments ago that the patch v0.51 has been deployed through the autoupdater. This patch will fix the kickvote problem.

Olli / LudoCraft

Edited:

I think the aircraft need to be a lot bigger. The two balloon craft needs double the floor space. I would also like to see a 3 ballooned craft (no boost) with a single long range (slow reload) artillery piece on a large map.
    We've had discussed about larger ships a lot, and we think that if we make a really huge ship (like many of us want to) we then need a much larger maps. And even at the moment the maps are often complained to be too big, so that's a bit of a problem. But ships with 4-6 cannons per side might still fit into the current map sizes quite well. I'm pretty sure that we'll see lots of different types and sizes of ships in the future as the game's development progresses.

The artillery ship or "sniper" ship has been also discussed. Who knows, maybe we'll see some incarnation of it some day.

Best regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft

20. Post #140
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    well, I met Tiy (lead developer for starbound and one of the devs for terraria) in a game.
    he's pretty nice

21. Post #141

March 2012
    28 Posts
    well, I met Tiy (lead developer for starbound and one of the devs for terraria) in a game.
    he's pretty nice
    I met him too and chatted with him quite a bit. He's a very nice guy. And he confessed on being an AirBuccaneers fan which is great to hear.

Starbound looks brilliant and I can't wait to get to play it.

Best regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    December 2009
    810 Posts
    I'm unable to connect to any servers. When I click on the little golden pins nothing happens, at all. Pissing me off because this looks great!

23. Post #143

March 2012
    28 Posts
    I'm unable to connect to any servers. When I click on the little golden pins nothing happens, at all. Pissing me off because this looks great!
    We are having some problems with the AirBuccaneers Master Server. A while ago players couldn't log in. That's been fixed, but now the Happy Hour is broken. We are working hard to fix this, but there's a good chance that the Happy Hour stays broken until next week.

If you're unable to connect to servers at the moment it could be due to us booting the Master Server. Try rebooting the game. If you still can't connect to servers, but do get into the game, I suggest you contact the AirBuccaneers support at support@airbuccaneers.com

Best regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #144
    December 2009
    810 Posts
    We are having some problems with the AirBuccaneers Master Server. A while ago players couldn't log in. That's been fixed, but now the Happy Hour is broken. We are working hard to fix this, but there's a good chance that the Happy Hour stays broken until next week.

If you're unable to connect to servers at the moment it could be due to us booting the Master Server. Try rebooting the game. If you still can't connect to servers, but do get into the game, I suggest you contact the AirBuccaneers support at support@airbuccaneers.com

Best regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    I tried connection again and it worked, thanks.

25. Post #145

March 2012
    28 Posts
    I tried connection again and it worked, thanks.
    Great to hear. Hope you have fun in the skies!

Edit: The Happy Hour problem has been fixed.

Edit 2:
    The date and time for the next Devs vs. Fans Battle has been decided.
    It's on Wednesday May 9th at 20:00 GMT+3.
    You can find more info on this news post at AirBuccaneers.com: http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbu...ew-of-revenge/

I hope to see many of you in there! :)

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft

26. Post #146
    May 2011
    891 Posts
    One problem with the new promotion of getting 10,000 EXP then getting a free premium account. There is no one to play against right now since the player base is relatively small. =(

27. Post #147

March 2012
    28 Posts
    One problem with the new promotion of getting 10,000 EXP then getting a free premium account. There is no one to play against right now since the player base is relatively small. =(
    We know that the game need lots of more players and are doing all we can to get more people to notice the game. You fans can help us in growing the player base by telling your friends about the game, and we know that many of you have already brought your friends into the game. We appreciate greatly all the help you've given us.

One of the reasons why we have the Devs vs. Fans Battles is that AirBuccaneers excels in huge battles and since the community is still small we want to help give you these battles by organizing events like this. So remember to join in this Wednesday for the next Devs vs. Fans Battle: http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbu...ew-of-revenge/

These battles are also a good chance to gather some XP towards your 10,000 XP goal. And in case you didn't notice the news yet, we continued the 10,000 XP Challenge through June:
    http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbu...enge-extended/

EDIT: The next Devs vs. Fans Battle starts in less than an hour! You've still got good time to join in people!

In case you can't join in we've set up a Live stream for you to watch: http://www.livestream.com/ludocraft
    We'll probably stream some other interesting stuff there in the future.

We also have a Mumble server set up so you can talk about the Fan team tactics and discuss with the devs. You can find more info about that in our forums: http://www.ludocraft.com/forums/show...-Mumble-Server

EDIT 2: We'll be doing the final in-house testing of the next 0.60 update for AirBuccaneers today at 14:00 GMT+3 and we will stream the whole thing live in here: http://www.livestream.com/ludocraft
    So join in and catch a glimpse of what you can expect from the next update.

EDIT 3: The 0.60 Update is out! If you have version 0.50 or 0.51 it will update automatically, but if you have version older than 0.50 you can grab the new version from here: http://www.airbuccaneers.com/download/

This update will be the last major Alpha release before Beta. Of course we will provide smaller updates and fixes for the Alpha while youíre all waiting for the Beta.

Changelist includes amongs other things:
    - New map: Trollivuono
    - New post process effects
    - XP is now accumulated for playerís both characters equally.
    - Tons of fixes, tweaks and improvements
    Read the rest of the changelist in here: http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbu...pdate-out-now/

Itís once again time to get buccaneering! See you in the skies!

EDIT 4: It's time for another Devs vs. Fans Battle today at 20:00 GMT+3! Join us in the fierce battle for the domination rights of the skies! More info in here: http://www.ludocraft.com/forums/show...on-of-Revenge!

Also, a new piece of concept art. Some new apparel and gear maybe?

EDIT 5: Another piece of concept art. This is a general mood sketch for a base.

EDIT 6: Hey all you AirBuccaneers game account holders! If you created your accounts before last week's Thursday (June 28th) you should have received an AirBuccaneers Survey in email on last week's Friday (June 29th). It would be of tremendous help to us if you could take couple of minutes and answer the said survey. I'll promise it won't take more than 5 minutes. By answering the survey you'll also get a chance to win a cool prize with T-Shirt and couple of high level premium accounts for the game.

EDIT 7: I've got a bunch of Work in Progress Screenshots from the soon to be released AirBuccaneers HD BETA for you. Take look and tell me what you think.

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft

28. Post #148

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Long time no chat folks! I have so me very exciting news for you regarding AirBuccaneers!

Yes, AirBuccaneers will be out on Steam December 5th! Lots of stuff has been fixed and updated from the Beta and there's also a brand new ship type: The Flying Fortress!

Regards,
    Olli / LudoCraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #149
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,159 Posts
    You fantastic bastards.

I was playing the other day, its still just as fun as always. Managed to land a cannonball on another ships deck and killed 2 people, then we all got stuck in some tornado.

Cant wait for it to be out on Steam. Hopefully we can buy a soundtrack some time in the future?

30. Post #150

March 2012
    28 Posts
    You fantastic bastards.

I was playing the other day, its still just as fun as always. Managed to land a cannonball on another ships deck and killed 2 people, then we all got stuck in some tornado.

Cant wait for it to be out on Steam. Hopefully we can buy a soundtrack some time in the future?
    Soundtrack will be available in the near future. :-)

31. Post #151
    May 2009
    20,159 Posts
    Soundtrack will be available in the near future. :-)
    Well thats awesome news.

So whats this The Flying Fortress going to be like? Can we get a preview or something

32. Post #152

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Well thats awesome news.

So whats this The Flying Fortress going to be like? Can we get a preview or something
    Tuco posted a sneak peek screenshot on our forum some time ago:
    http://www.ludocraft.com/forums/show...ull=1#post2903

Edit: In short, it's a slow low flying ship with base cannons.

33. Post #153
    May 2009
    20,159 Posts
    Tuco posted a sneak peek screenshot on our forum some time ago:
    http://www.ludocraft.com/forums/show...ull=1#post2903

Edit: In short, it's a slow low flying ship with base cannons.
    Ah alright, thanks for that. Havent been to the forums for a while, if its coming out on Steam soon might be time to start again.

34. Post #154

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Ah alright, thanks for that. Havent been to the forums for a while, if its coming out on Steam soon might be time to start again.
    I highly recommend checking the forums regularly. We often post events and stuff there first.

35. Post #155

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Check out the AirBuccaneers Launch Trailer here:

On the December 5th you'll find AirBuccaneers on Steam in here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/223630/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,356 Posts
    this reminds me of project hullbreach a lot.

except this game seems kinda lame compared to hullbreach.

for those of you who don't know project hullbreach was going to be a half life 2 mod that was basically titan mode from battlefield 2142 but in space.

yes it was as awesome as it sounds. sadly the devs for the mod all got scooped up by various companies or just quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Dennab
    December 2008
    2,220 Posts
    fuck yeah gonna download this game again.

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,356 Posts
    the only thing this game needs is jetpacks and handguns

39. Post #159

March 2012
    28 Posts
    Heads up people: AirBuccaneers is now out on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223630/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

40. Post #160
    May 2009
    20,159 Posts
    Awesome, cant wait to finish downloading and see whats been put in for Steam.

Congratulations.