1. Post #441
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    6,172 Posts
    Well shit, if you edit the campaign levels it actually changes the campaign. Anyway to reset them?
    Delete appdata/LOVE/mari0/mappacks/smb or portal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #442

May 2011
    90 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #443
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    6,172 Posts
    Stop that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 43 (list)

4. Post #444
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,471 Posts
    Well shit, if you edit the campaign levels it actually changes the campaign. Any way to reset them?
    Unzip source, replace levels, repack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #445
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    8,785 Posts
    Where's that Sonic Rainboom gif?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #446
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,614 Posts
    Just steal openrct, nobody will care. If another openrct is far enough along to be more worthy of the name then you should probably contribute to that instead.
    Okay, but most of the strings are "OpenCoaster Tycoon". OpenCoTy is only really used for the title screen sprites. I can always change those later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #447
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,987 Posts

This turned out great. This is the first map editor I actually enjoy using!

Anyways, I'm not going to clog WAYWO up with maps anymore. Is there a thread on FP for Mari0 yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #448
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,247 Posts

This turned out great. This is the first map editor I actually enjoy using!

Anyways, I'm not going to clog WAYWO up with maps anymore. Is there a thread on FP for Mari0 yet?
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1167892

9. Post #449
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    8,785 Posts

Army of idiots indeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

10. Post #450
    April 2011
    780 Posts
    Mari0:

Shaders don't work for me. My graphics card only has shader version 3 support. Which ones you used ?

Can I play original SMB campaign without the portal gun ?

Overall mashup of the year :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,347 Posts
    -snip-

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,627 Posts
    I think the shaders are just broken
    My laptop supports them, but just crashes saying setCanvas is nil. I'll look into it later.

Edited:

Oh yeah, there one level (world 6?) where the flag is offset
    Also, in world 5-1 a secret pipe returns you to the beginning of the level. I can't remember if it's supposed to do that.

Other than that, Maurice has helped me rekindle my hatelife with World 7-1.

13. Post #453
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Can I play original SMB campaign without the portal gun ?
    Just don't use it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,421 Posts
    Well shit, if you edit the campaign levels it actually changes the campaign. Any way to reset them?
    How did you not see this coming?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    8,785 Posts

jesus christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 41Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #456
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    6,172 Posts

jesus christ
    "BOOP!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #457
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    8,785 Posts
    http://9gag.com/gag/3121180
    ha
    ha ha
    ha ha ha ha ha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #458

August 2011
    192 Posts
    mac needs different builds? how messed up is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

19. Post #459
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    2AM already? Graphics can be addictive. Added a placeholder file saving feature and expanded the color box.

ps: Awesome job Maurice :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

20. Post #460
    Hates php
    May 2006
    2,411 Posts
    Congrats Maurice. Also I don't mean to be rude but I just came back to 2 pages about mari0. Would you guys mind moving the non-programming related talk about it to another thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #461
    Person
    June 2008
    5,271 Posts
    I finally made TextFields and TextInputs work with non-monospace fonts in YoGUI. I should have done that from the start.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #462
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    How did you not see this coming?
    I wasn't paying attention okay

23. Post #463

August 2011
    183 Posts
    I think the shaders are just broken
    My laptop supports them, but just crashes saying setCanvas is nil. I'll look into it later.
    Sounds like you're using a really old build of LÍVE 0.8.0. setRenderTarget was renamed to setCanvas a long time ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #464
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Sounds like you're using a really old build of LÍVE 0.8.0. setRenderTarget was renamed to setCanvas a long time ago.
    I really don't like that name change. What was their reasoning for changing the terminology from "RenderTarget" to "Canvas"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    Catnip Cody
    February 2009
    1,596 Posts
    I really don't like that name change. What was their reasoning for changing the terminology from "RenderTarget" to "Canvas"?
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative x 7Agree x 3Funny x 2Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Programming King x 1 (list)

26. Post #466

August 2011
    183 Posts
    Pre-0.8.0 canvases were called framebuffers and setCanvas was setRenderTarget. The developers decided to change newFramebuffer to newCanvas because while framebuffer is in line with the opengl backend, canvas is a little more self-descriptive (and there may be multiple backends in the future anyway). setRenderTarget was renamed because it wasn't consistent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Pre-0.8.0 canvases were called framebuffers and setCanvas was setRenderTarget. The developers decided to change newFramebuffer to newCanvas because while framebuffer is in line with the opengl backend, canvas is a little more self-descriptive (and there may be multiple backends in the future anyway). setRenderTarget was renamed because it wasn't consistent.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #468
    April 2010
    2,224 Posts
    Would you guys like explanations (and eventually footballs) of the crappy, awful methodology and opencl that goes on in my software -> opencl conversion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #469
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    You on the other hand, I'm watching you.

Edited:

Would you guys like explanations (and eventually footballs) of the crappy, awful methodology and opencl that goes on in my software -> opencl conversion?
    You broke my automerge. :c Also yes.

30. Post #470
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    Heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    Catnip Cody
    February 2009
    1,596 Posts

Don't complain when you see something you can't un-see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

32. Post #472
    April 2007
    1,133 Posts
    Final year project:

I'll post a video tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,875 Posts
    I hate 9gag so much.

So so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    8,785 Posts
    I hate 9gag so much.

So so much.
    You know why it's called 9gag?
    That's how many jokes they have that are actually funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #475
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    You know why it's called 9gag?
    That's how many jokes they have that are actually funny.
    And the rest makes everyone gag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    October 2009
    238 Posts
    Try adding this in the game_update( dt ) function in game.lua ( mari0 of course )
    Code:
    for i, v in pairs(objects["player"]) do
    	if not v.starred then
    		v:star()
    	end
    end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #477
    April 2010
    2,224 Posts
    So it took a bloody million years, but i finally got openCL to draw to a '2d' array which represents the screen. OpenCL only really supports 1d arrays, so that involved a bit of kerfuffle. Plus i was forgetting to clear this 'screen' before filling it, and that was causing the rest of my issues

It gets copied over to software and drawn the usual method there (via SFML), but this means that i can pseudo directly manipulate the screen from OpenCL. While copying over this huge buffer is a bit slow, the speed ill save by doing everything else on the graphics card will make up for it. Triangle shading here we come
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #478
    Follow me on GitHub!
    June 2011
    1,628 Posts
    Quick project to learn LÍVE:

I was running at 4x speed to try and get a reasonably sized gif, but that seems to have broken collisions a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Programming King Programming King x 3Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #479
    Catnip Cody
    February 2009
    1,596 Posts
    Meh custom bDecode class:

In goes a .torrent, out comes info from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 8Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #480
    Person
    June 2008
    5,271 Posts
    Whatever happened to that windows extension someone was making where it allowed people to write plugins that displayed file information in explorer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events