1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts
    I like the setting but I presume its going to make us British look like monsters despite it hinting that    the American founding fathers are Templar's with George Washington having an apple of Eden   . Why would a native Indian support the Americans? One of the main reasons for rebellion was the Americans were pissed off at Britain for restricting settlement westward to protect native Indian land (lands being "reserved" to the Indians under the cognizance of the British Crown). Great Britain was supporting the tribes and the majority of Indians were on loyalist side because of this (or neutral).

And well, lets not forget the native Indian genocide committed later on with their land being taken away from them and subjected to discrimination.

That's the only thing that bugs me about the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    Or maybe he fights both sides
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Native Americans fought on both sides in the war, not just for the British.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts
    Native Americans fought on both sides in the war, not just for the British.
    Yeah but the majority did support the British because they didn't want the Colonists to take over their land and were hoping a defeat might send them all back to where they came from.

though I am interested if this game is going to be black and white or just shades of grey as the character realizes how shit both sides are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,622 Posts
    Well what if it's just not drawn and you get it later in game like in some of the series?
    Possible, but it sounded like SaketM's main selling point was the fact that it has guns, which is totally not the point of these games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    245 Posts
    I find the lack of hidden blade disturbing...

Looks like a hidden blade to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 5 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts
    using a bow and arrow is something I really like idea of

though I wonder how the colonists will sound, because Americans get their accent from a mix of Irish and German mainly with the British, I presume they will sound English mainly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,798 Posts
    using a bow and arrow is something I really like idea of

though I wonder how the colonists will sound, because Americans get their accent from a mix of Irish and German mainly with the British, I presume they will sound English mainly.
    I think there was a bit of something resembling an American accent then, it was obvious enough to tell a colonial apart. Either way, they'll probably keep it as modern American and modern English, just because it's easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #169
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    He will probably have one, the modern Assassins like Desmond are still using it. I just hope that they will stay with only one blade like in AC1. Also they should leave the hook out of this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

10. Post #170
    September 2011
    146 Posts
    I have found the hidden blades! But the new character has only one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

11. Post #171
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I also hope that they will make completely new animations and moves, not only rehash the old ones. The fighting moves were pretty much always the same except for a few new ones.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts

most likely gets a second one later in the game. hidden blades get more and more ceremonial as time passes by though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,520 Posts
    You probably get it when you meet leonardo in one of his time travels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    You probably get it when you meet leonardo in one of his time travels.
    adding to that, the dual hidden blade is altair's invention. if the main character comes across anything written by altair, we have a high chance of obtaining a second blade.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,437 Posts
    Really can't wait for this, so far.. but a lot of time to work on the story. I hope there is character development like AC2, it's what drew me in.

Also, I hope we don't have too much "battle" style soundtrack all the time. I thought it was refreshing in AC2 where there was calm and relaxing soundtracks which immersed you in the Italian Renaissance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    Really can't wait for this, so far.. but a lot of time to work on the story. I hope there is character development like AC2, it's what drew me in.

Also, I hope we don't have too much "battle" style soundtrack all the time. I thought it was refreshing in AC2 where there was calm and relaxing soundtracks which immersed you in the Italian Renaissance.
    Kyd is a genius and a master at conveying themes by using music

if there is anything we don't need to worry about, it's the music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    At least 50 % of hitmans atmosphere was the music made by Kyd. Guy's a miracle worker and fuck I/O for replacing him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #178
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I agree, Jesper Kyd is a beast when it comes to music for games. Hopefully the new soundtrack will be epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    July 2007
    339 Posts
    I agree, Jesper Kyd is a beast when it comes to music for games. Hopefully the new soundtrack will be epic.
    Jesper Kyd to video games is like Hans Zimmer to movies, they are both heavy on percussion along with synthesizers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,715 Posts
    Yeah but the majority did support the British because they didn't want the Colonists to take over their land and were hoping a defeat might send them all back to where they came from.

though I am interested if this game is going to be black and white or just shades of grey as the character realizes how shit both sides are.
    Shades of Grey?
    In an Assassins Creed game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    Shades of Grey?
    In an Assassins Creed game?
    it is a shades of grey game from the beginning

the templars believe they are doing good, just like the assassins. just because we have been shown the assassins as good, doesn't mean they are

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    Possible, but it sounded like SaketM's main selling point was the fact that it has guns, which is totally not the point of these games.
    True, although I love this setting and I have no problems with guns being common.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

23. Post #183
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Besides there was still some close quarter combat during that time.

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,448 Posts
    For some reason when I look at this I hear this playing in my head

Edited:

Also, to that whole "Two Characters" thing, Remember that we might get another character getting older throughout the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #185
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    it is a shades of grey game from the beginning

the templars believe they are doing good, just like the assassins. just because we have been shown the assassins as good, doesn't mean they are
    The Assassin's kill for the greater good, Templar's brainwash "for the greater good".
    Seems pretty grey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts

napoleons grandad

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 39 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    holy shit that looks incredible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    I came.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts
    for an assassin, they sure like to look out of place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    September 2011
    146 Posts

napoleons grandad

Edited:

Dog in screenshots 2. First GTA V now AC3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    293 Posts
    Oh god I need to finish revelations right now after seeing all of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    i hope you can kill some rebellion scums too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    IM A GIANT QUEER FEGGIT
    November 2008
    247 Posts
    Oh god, that shot in the dark forest with the rain makes me hope that ACIII will finally have dynamic weather.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,726 Posts
    Here is a basic rundown of the new features in the upcoming GameInformer article, to be released next week:

The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhakť:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

The game is set between 1753 and 1783, meaning we will be playing a good chunk of Connor's life, about the timeframe of Assassin's reed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood combined.

Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood

The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere

There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

Den Defense will not return.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 25Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,706 Posts
    Huh.. weird. Most of the natives fought on the British side.. I wish he was more in the middle because jokes on him when his tribe gets fucked over by the colonists.

Oh and according to the lore George was a templar who started the war to get an Apple so.. ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,111 Posts
    There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

I never used the allies

Also thank god that den defence is gone, awful idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Best change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    checkpoints, new stealth and new combat are what I'm most interested in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,630 Posts
    "with primary allies George Washington"

allies with a templar??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Oh god, these informations sound sexy as hell. The screenshots are simply epic.

So it turns out that Connor is switching between sides, but mostly operating for the rebels. Sounds really epic to me.